Wine & Spirits Shoppe (PA state stores)

Started by Mobil, December 29, 2008, 12:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobil

One in Norristown, former Penn Fruit.

On the left, the one in Newtown Square. They were officially called "state stores" in the 50's.

http://pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot.com/2007/10/acmes-swingin-60s-look.html

MikeRa

The Wine and Spirit Shoppe (formerly known as PA State Store) are owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.:mad:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa
The Wine and Spirit Shoppe (formerly known as PA State Store) are owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.:mad:

The only states with worse liquor laws than PA are New York and Kansas. California and Maryland are some of the best.

captjack

Sorry I must respond, the worst liquor in the world are here in Utah. State liquor stores that mark up an average 200 %, to enjoy a cocktail at a club you must buy a membership even if you are from out of the state, 2.3 beer, all malts or wine coolers in the state store only, if you  want some wine with dinner at Olive Garden you have to ask for the wine list and then show id before you get service. All beers are opened at the bar then brought to the table with a glass. I could go on but it would be too painful! I am a casual drinker, a beer once and an while, wine at a birthday dinner and a few pops when we venture to Nevada for a weekend.
Wish our laws were consistent with legalized adulthood. jack and cheryl

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by captjack
Sorry I must respond, the worst liquor in the world are here in Utah. State liquor stores that mark up an average 200 %, to enjoy a cocktail at a club you must buy a membership even if you are from out of the state, 2.3 beer, all malts or wine coolers in the state store only, if you  want some wine with dinner at Olive Garden you have to ask for the wine list and then show id before you get service. All beers are opened at the bar then brought to the table with a glass. I could go on but it would be too painful! I am a casual drinker, a beer once and an while, wine at a birthday dinner and a few pops when we venture to Nevada for a weekend.
Wish our laws were consistent with legalized adulthood. jack and cheryl
Anyone 21 years or older can go to the PA Wine & Spirit Shoppe and purchase wine and spirits.:yup:  The beer in PA can be purchased as a 6 or 12 pack at a Beer Store or bar, or as a 18 to 30 pack at a Beer Distributor.:huh:  The prices at the Beer Distributors in PA are a lot better than the prices at Beer stores in NJ and NY.:bounce:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Mobil

A Marriott liquor department. "Absolutely no alcohol sold on Sunday"??!!!

Mobil