Main Menu

Ames Artifacts

Started by AmesNewington, December 22, 2008, 10:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmesNewington

I thought this might be interesting to discuss. Are there any appliances, whites/linens, accessories, tools, clothes, etc that you use or have in your home that were purchased at Ames?

I must say I STILL own bed sheets I got during the GOB sale in 2002. It's just the bottom cover and pillow cover. That might seem odd, however, they are continually washed and look like new, so they still serve their purpose. I can't part with them. But hey, they're not worn and they are comfy, so why not?!

My family also has a cabinet bought from Ames in our basement now used for arts/craft supplies. There must be a slew of other things around our house purchased from Ames, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Please contribute your "Ames Artifacts".

BillyGr

Well, at this time of year, we have quite a few "village" pieces/houses that are from Ames (including some from the final year, as they had already ordered and received some of the holiday merchandise even though they closed before that time.

Also, several of the three shelf "foldup" bookcases that can be folded flat for storing or transporting.

I'm sure that there are others as well, just none I can think of off the top off my head.

jrthibodeau

Hi - I still have some beautiful toss pillows - probably purchased at the Dover, NH store. They're in GREAT shape. And to be honest, the ones I bought only 2 years ago at WalMart have already been thrown away - complete junk. Hmmmm....let's see....we also just last year gave away our white hutch that I bought at a store closing way back in the mid-90's in VA. I want to say it retailed for $129 and I got it for like $30. It was still in pretty good shape but we bought a new dining room set. I can tell you, that whenever I visit my in-laws, who live in tiny Millinocket, ME, I see Ames stuff all over their house! It was the only store in their town / area in which to shop so EVERYTHING came from Ames.

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
Well, at this time of year, we have quite a few "village" pieces/houses that are from Ames (including some from the final year, as they had already ordered and received some of the holiday merchandise even though they closed before that time.

Also, several of the three shelf "foldup" bookcases that can be folded flat for storing or transporting.

I'm sure that there are others as well, just none I can think of off the top off my head.
I've also got many of the Victorian Village light up houses and accessories that I put out this time of year.  I love setting up porcelain villages, it's my favorite part of decorating for the holidays besides putting up lights!  I remember always making fun of Ames for putting their Christmas stuff out so early...

Also, up until this summer we also had a computer desk we picked up at Ames.

momof3

I have earrings from Ames, they are birthstones.  We also have a trashbasket in the bathroom from Ames.  And I am sure some of our decorations on the tree were from there as well.  I also have a picture up in my bedroom from Caldors.

powersbt

Much of my Christmas Stuff I have came from Ames the year that they GOB'ed. I figured with the cheaper prices, I might as well pick up that stuff.

momof3

I always enjoyed their Christmas dept, I miss that alot.