Former Plainville, CT BK building and its failures

Started by momof3, December 18, 2008, 09:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momof3

Drove by the Chicken Joint on Route 10 in Plainville last night, it was dark and appeared to be all emptied out.  This location was originally a burger king then a pizza shop and then something else briefly.  Since BK closed it seems to have trouble keeping a tenant.

Marc82

The one in Berlin closed too. The one in Berlin reopened as a new restaurant and that's the only reason I know the Berlin one closed too.

momof3

Yes, It closed i think before the new one opened.  I had heard the berlin location did a good business with their ribs they did only on weekends so I am not sure why they closed and moved.

Marc82

Somethings moving in there. I rode by with my dad yesterday and saw a coming soon sign in their window. Not sure what it's gonna be. Anyone wanna place a bet on how long this one will last?

momof3

I give it 6 months tops.....That location seems to be doomed.

wwefan101

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by momof3
I give it 6 months tops.....That location seems to be doomed.

Just found out it's gonna be the new location of Frascone's Italian Market and Deli which is currently on Queen Street across the street from Saint's Chili Dogs.

momof3

Never been in Frascones but I know where it is.  Wonder how this space will fit them.  Do you know if they do alot of Italian dishes they sell for quick meals and stuff so they would keep the kitchen area intact?????

ynkeesfn82

Location is now Vita's. Vita's was originally on King Street Extension in Bristol. Then they moved to Farmington Avenue before closing in 2005. Some member of the Vita's Family owned Frascone's.

ynkeesfn82

Empty again. This place is doomed. Vita's posted this tonight (1/27) on Facebook:

Vita's Italian
Dear everyone,
With regret, we will no longer be at 33 East st. Please keep your eyes and ears open. We will resurface hopefully within a month. Cannot thank you all enough for the support and the friendships we have made through this journey. We will still be available for Catering, 860-839-9550 is the contact number. We have enjoyed meeting you all and serving you our homemade food, always made with love! May you all be blessed with good health, love and happiness. We will miss you all very much.
Thank you again....
Love always,
The Vita family ❤

ynkeesfn82

The former BK at 33 East Street in Plainville has been 2 more restaurants since Vita's closed in January 2013.

After Vita's closed this location became yet another pizza place called Lou's Pizza. That place was barely open 2 months. Now it's Monterrey Mexican Restaurant. This is Monterrey's 2nd location. The first being on Riverside Avenue in Bristol. It doesn't seem any busier than any of the other places that have been in this spot.

Over the years 33 East Street Plainville has been: Burger King (twice), a Vegan Restaurant, Plainville Chicken Joint, Frascone's Italian Deli, Vita's Italian Deli & Market, Lou's Pizza, and now Monterary Mexcian Restaurant.

Friends of mine have a theory that nothing lasts here because the building is set back too far from the road.

The property is also for sale for $575,000.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Profile.aspx?LID=18192656&SRID=4205025040&StepID=101

zonemad96

Quote from: Marc B on March 05, 2014, 06:29:11 AM
The former BK at 33 East Street in Plainville has been 2 more restaurants since Vita's closed in January 2013.

After Vita's closed this location became yet another pizza place called Lou's Pizza. That place was barely open 2 months. Now it's Monterrey Mexican Restaurant. This is Monterrey's 2nd location. The first being on Riverside Avenue in Bristol. It doesn't seem any busier than any of the other places that have been in this spot.

Over the years 33 East Street Plainville has been: Burger King (twice), a Vegan Restaurant, Plainville Chicken Joint, Frascone's Italian Deli, Vita's Italian Deli & Market, Lou's Pizza, and now Monterary Mexcian Restaurant.

Friends of mine have a theory that nothing lasts here because the building is set back too far from the road.

The property is also for sale for $575,000.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Profile.aspx?LID=18192656&SRID=4205025040&StepID=101

From the looks of it cutting down a few of the trees around it and adding a larger sign would improve the visibility quite a bit.

giantsfan2016

2017 update on the former Burger King building in Plainville. It has been a Thai restaurant for a couple of years. Sweet Basil Thai Fusion Restaurant.

http://www.sweetbasilplainville.com/

BillyGr

I know of a couple here in NY - one in Albany is now Japanese and the one up in Saranac Lake is an Italian restaurant (and not just a pizza type but a somewhat more fancy one).

JimSawhill

I wonder how that building is now? I mean is Sweet Basil's still there?

Brammy

Quote from: JimSawhill on January 07, 2020, 06:34:16 PM
I wonder how that building is now? I mean is Sweet Basil's still there?

Sweet Basil is still there. It doesn't seem to get very busy, but I heard they do alot if take-out business.
The Real Brammy