ShopKo brand evolution

Started by Mobil, December 05, 2008, 11:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Here's all the new Nickelodeon logos, which will be used starting September 28th.

videogamer75

Yeah, the old logos are much better!

The new logo has started appearing on the channel itself during the end credits for "SpongeBob SquarePants" and "iCarly." The closing logo now displays "Nickelodeon Productions," rather than an orange lightbulb with NICKELODEON written in the Balloon Extra Bold SC font. The font in the new logo appears to be custom-made. Nickelodeon, and its sister networks will relaunch on Monday, September 28, 2009. All of Nickelodeon's sister networks will carry the "Nick" prefix, except "TeenNick," in which "Nick" is used as a suffix.

Caldor1999

ack what is it with all these new logos everything im seeing is so plain and boring that nickelodeon one is horrible
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

gu4ever

Tropicana tried to revamp their look, and this was not well received by the consumers and showed in the loss of sales almost immediately. The photo attached is thanks to Bryan Strapp and shows the two logos designs. Luckily Tropicana quickly realized their mistake and brought back the familiar design consumers have come to know and love!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

As much as I like the Crillee font-based logo from 1991, I like the new logo from 2007 as well, it reminds me of chocolate, as well as upscale fashion. I am partial to the 1980s logo, which was an updated version of their 1960s/70s logo.

The former ShopKo location on 955 Bailey Hill Road in Eugene, Oregon still uses the 1980s ShopKo logo along with its still operating counterpart on 2815 Chad Drive.

ShopKo "Vision 2000" prototype. This style was common in the 1990s. The stores in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado still feature this style, although they have been converted to JCPenney after ShopKo left Colorado in 2005

The 1999 ShopKo prototype. The first of these have opened in Meridian, Idaho. The store pictured here is the former Peoria, Illinois, location. The prototype store at Bay Park Square in Ashwaubenon (Green Bay), Wisconsin, Store #002, has since remodeled.

The ShopKo anchor at Bay Park Square Mall. This is the entrance facing the corporate headquarters.

The ShopKo prototype introduced in 2007, located in Suamico, Wisconsin (Store #177). One of four prototypes, the other three opened in Sussex, Wisconsin, North Branch, Minnesota, and Council Bluff, Iowa.

The logos of ShopKo:

circa 1982-December 1991

December 1991-May 2007

May 2007-present

EddieJ1984

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
Tropicana tried to revamp their look, and this was not well received by the consumers and showed in the loss of sales almost immediately. The photo attached is thanks to Bryan Strapp and shows the two logos designs. Luckily Tropicana quickly realized their mistake and brought back the familiar design consumers have come to know and love!!

Now foe pepsi to realize this with their soda's
Pepsi should go back to using the normal pepsi globe (not this smiling bs), mountain dew should be spelled just like that.
and gatorade needs to get rid of the lame G and lame sayings on the bottles and just use the lightning bolt

QuoteOriginally posted by ShopKoFan
Here's all the new Nickelodeon logos, which will be used starting September 28th.

I saw these new logos today!

EddieJ1984

Pepsi and mountain dew throwback are back!!! got this today at the acme

patk

reitelle

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
im  so geting those^

makes you wonder just what 'fake sugar' is normally in there O.o

because aspartame is usually only used in the 'sugar free' ones

EddieJ1984

^ Its high fructose corn syrup
probably much cheaper than sugar.

nims57

They were supposed to look like this: http://www.bevreview.com/2009/02/26/official-facts-about-pepsi-throwback-mountain-dew-throwback/

I found Pepsi Throwback at the Acme in Media. Tastes the same to me!

Hot Topic has a new logo as of December '09:

EddieJ1984

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
They were supposed to look like this: http://www.bevreview.com/2009/02/26/official-facts-about-pepsi-throwback-mountain-dew-throwback/

I found Pepsi Throwback at the Acme in Media. Tastes the same to me!

No that's how they looked the first time they were out in early 2009.

Also yea i noticed hot topics logo change last month vis their website. Its sorta plain but I like that its not so damn gothy lookin anymore.

Bdubs

New Snapple label which was rolled out a few months ago.  

Looking back on the international retail logo changes that occurred last decade:

Source: Brand New

CARREFOUR (France):

DICK SMITH ELECTRONICS (Australia):

HUDSON'S BAY CO. (Canada):

GRACIOUS HOME (United States):

BEST BUY (United States):

The new Best Buy logo is currently being used at the Mall of America location only.

VICTORIA'S SECRET (United States):

DOLLAR GENERAL (United States):

UNIMARC (Chile):

DIA (Spain):

DUANE READE (United States):

MICHAELS (United States):

WOOLWORTHS (Australia):

STOP & SHOP (United States):

THE ATHLETE'S FOOT (United States):

QUICKCHEK (United States):

WALMART (United States):

PATHMARK (United States):

PICK 'N PAY (South Africa):

TOYS "R" US (United States):

SHOPKO (United States):

PAYLESS SHOESOURCE (United States):

SAKS FIFTH AVENUE (United States):

SAM'S CLUB (United States):

OLD NAVY (United States):

jmcnamara96

I dont like
Best Buy
Micheals
Wal mart
and Sams Club
Toys R Us

USA TODAY, the nation's first full-colored newspaper, updates its logo just in time for its 30th anniversary:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/business/story/2012/09/13/usa-today-unveils-redesigned-newspaper-website-mobile-apps/57776732/1

It's nothing like what directors Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale had predicted in the 1989 movie, Back to the Future: Part II for the year 2015's USA Today newspaper design:

...and after Marty McFly alters history...