Pizza Hut

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Plus I never thought Olive Garden and Pizza Hut were owned by the same company!

That's because they aren't - Olive Garden (along with Red Lobster, Smokey Bones and Bahama Breeze) are under Darden Restaurants.

Pizza Hut (and KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers) are a separate company (not sure what the current name is - used to be a part of PepsiCo a number of years back) - this is why many of these are co-located in various combintions.

Pizza Hut, KFC, Long JohnSilvers and A&W are part of Tricon  GLobal Restaurants wich is now known as Yum! Brands.

Jag67

I like the old Name Better. "Yum! brands" sounds kinda unprofessional to me.

Zayre88

My local Pizza Hut, built in 1994.  The outside dining area was added later.  Still has the old logo.

Caldor1999

hears what my pizza hut looks like no logo on the bulding
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

and hears the logo
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

df559

A 1970's Pizza Hut in Merced, Ca -- currently being remodeled away from the "classic" Pizza Hut look. You can see they're tearing off the top to the roof. :(

df559

Side of the building

df559

df559

Sign out by the street:

df559

Old Style door pull...

Jag67

WHY???!!! At least the old style says "Pizza Hut"!! It's gonna be bland. That Pizza Hut looks like it's been closed for a while. I see some grafitti....

Jag67

that's what i said. The new one's gonna be ugly, i'm telling you.

truviking05

On a trip to a town about 30 miles away from where I live, I spotted an old Pizza Hut that had  been destroyed by the hurricanes being made over into an "Italian Villa" style format. That's what I heard they were planning to do to the one in my town...in the meantime, a Pizza Hut storefront only open to deliver orders (not a sit-in location) opened in a new strip plaza.

df559

The restaurant has been closed for about a month now, I guess it doesn't matter about the graffiti since the whole thing will be done up into some monstrosity anyway.

AmesNewington

There was one in Newington in Ames plaza. For the new Price Chopper, they knocked the Pizza Hut down in the front of the plaza to raise visibility. They just vanished however, and never re-opened.

dooneyt63

Pizza Hut's sudden spate of changes in recent years after staying remarkably consistent for so many years is disturbing.  Their classic hut-style restaurants always had table service; it was a good place to go for salad, pizza, beer, and good times.  The new more or less self service style are like going to Burger King.  Paper plates and cups, plastic flatware, self-serve drinks...really very tacky considering the price point of the pizzas and other menu items.  Ordering at a counter isn't always terrible; many Godfather's are this way.  But, the decision to use disposable ware and to delete beer in many locations (or go to bottles only) was not for the best in my opinion.  They still have a pretty good product though when all is going well.

Zayre88

I don't know when it happened, but the Pizza Hut on Woodbury ave in Portsmouth NH is closed.  The old restaurant was in a dark spot because of all the big trees around it.  That leaves only one restaurant far south, on Lafayette road.

And here is the former Pizza Hut in Hampton NH.  It has been vacant a few years and is now a "Fast eddie's"

storehistoryguy

Gather 'round the good stuff! :bigsmile:

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

A Russian Pizza Hut!?!?:o:o:o:o:o

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The old Pizza Hut in Augusta ME, near Kmart

Another recent picture of the old school Pizza Hut in Augusta

d_fife

I don't know when it happened, but the Pizza Hut on Woodbury ave in Portsmouth NH is closed.  The old restaurant was in a dark spot because of all the big trees around it.  That leaves only one restaurant far south, on Lafayette road.

And here is the former Pizza Hut in Hampton NH.  It has been vacant a few years and is now a "Fast eddie's"

ALOT OF PIZZA HUTS HAVE BEEN CLOSING., FAST EDDIE's in HAmpton was Pizza Hut. WHY THE ONE IN WOODBURY AVe, NOW THERE IS NO MAJOR PIZZA PLACE LEFTO N WOODBURY AVE!!! THEY closed the one in Portsmouth on LAfayette Rd near the Southgate plaza years ago, that became 99 restuarant, and Pizza Hut opened down the road from southgate plaza few years later.

WHAT IS WITH PIZZA HUT!!!!!!! I Saw one vacant in Marlboro Mass last year.

Not many Pizza huts left in Boston area. I heard the one in BAngor near the mall is getting torn down to be rebuilt into a more updated one. The pizza HUt looked OLD!

store215

I believe in Russia, "Pizza Hut" is actually pronounced "Pizza Hat":insane:

Jag67

Just ate at Pizza Hut on Wednesday. Our local Pizza Hut was built in 1987. Maybe I'll post a pic eventually.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
I believe in Russia, "Pizza Hut" is actually pronounced "Pizza Hat":insane:

You mean like this one?

dooneyt63

Many Pizza Huts in my area (Northwest Florida) have closed recentlly.  The conversion to the more fast-food like format with limited service does not seem to have been a rousing success.  Several formerly flourishing locations have been shuttered shortly after the conversions.  The older locations that still offer full service with actual dishes and silverware, etc. seem to do a lot of business.  For the price point on the menu (if one hasn't any coupons), one really expects more than the limited service concept provides.

Zayre88

The Pizza Hut in Skowhegan, ME.  It opened in the early or mid 90's in the parking lot of Ames, wich closed one year after...!

Zayre88

Here's the closed Pizza Hut on Woodbury avenue

amesman

Here's the Pizza Hut in Kingston, New York.