Pizza Hut

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GothicPrincess

Quote from: TRJ22487 on May 20, 2010, 05:40:55 AM
Quote from: jmcnamara96 on May 18, 2010, 01:59:49 PM
Quote from: GothicPrincess on May 17, 2010, 08:23:15 PM
Hello, again, from your favorite pizza wh0re...I feel like that sometimes. I got roped into staying an extra 2 hours today, and I already work 35 hours a week...Gotta love when young kids work there and they wanna party instead of work. And by party, you all know what I mean. I'm NOT spelling it out, but it is something most people would get FIRED for. Idiots. Anyway, the boss-lady wants to have me become a key carrier, so that I can show up at 8am by myself instead of with someone, so I'd be opening. We'll see if THAT ever happens. I go back to school in August, so if that's what she wants, she better realize that it would only be 4 mornings a week. I prefer mornings, Monday-Friday we have lunch buffet, and on Wednesdays we have a dinner buffet. I hate working with slow-a** people. I love working alone, I get done so much faster than if I have to depend on them to help...oh and I got my first "YUM" sticker...it's like a big compliment saying I'm always there, I do my job and I do it fast, and I put the customers first. Which I do... :) Oh well, just letting you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I DO check-in with facebook at least once a day, sometimes more if I get a break at work. Miss you all, hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far for those that are already out of classes, or who may be taking vacations and such....not me. I work. lol Enjoy your week, everyone.
Jaime

Nice job Jamie!Makes me want to go down to PA for Pizza Hut :)

lol cry about it. I'm working 60 hours a week, 7 days a week at my factory. I'm working my 11th straight day today, and 17 of the last 18. 35 hours sounds like absolutely nothing to me. And I'm only 23!

My hours got cut down to 26. She just hired more new people that it seems I'm the one training. Ugh. I've only been there 2 months and I'm already getting crapped on. As for the party question, they're smoking things other than cigarettes on their breaks. I wish they would get rid of them already and let us straights do the jobs that they seem to lack the capabilities of doing. But, I did get Memorial Day off, so I'll be taking my children to Idlewild Park for opening day. I can't wait for that :) I got another YUM sticker for diving into the dough as soon as I punched in and washed up. Basically saying I don't just stand around like everyone else. I punch in, wash up, do what I'm paid to do, and that's it. I don't run out the back door when no one is looking and leave everyone else with the work. I also have ceased taking breaks because every time I come back I have to make up for what they don't do. When raises come around again, my butt better be at the top of the list. I hope everyone is having a good summer so far.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

jmcnamara96

Heres a old Ad from Hudson Speedway in Hudson NH for Pizza Hut maybe they sold Pizza Hut pizza there?

GothicPrincess

Yeah, I'm still around. Spending more time on facebook than on the boards. Still working at Pizza Hut, still making up for the lazy people. Maybe they'll realize that I'm getting 26-35 hours a week because I do the work and half of them are getting 4 hours a week because they do nothing...No raise just yet, but I'm not sure how often they come up anyway...I've moved up to running register along with cooking, phones, prep. I love my 8-3 shift because for the first 3 hours I don't have to talk to anyone. I can do my work and that's that. Sometimes I get a wrench in my gears like on Tuesday I worked 12:30-5. That's not a GP shift, that's a loser idiot that does nothing shift...but it's ok, I still busted my rear, got ALL my stuff done, while the others stood around looking stupid like usual. I'm used to it now. 4 months+ and still going strong. School starts on the 20th, so I'll be around even less on here. I'm sorry about that, but I still read the posts even if I don't respond. Plus, some of you have me on facebook, so it's all gravy, baby. Oh, I'm going to Ireland next June, will try to get pics of some Irish stores if I find them between the pubs :) lol Adios for now, my friends. Much love to all.

jmcnamara96

Quote from: GothicPrincess on August 04, 2010, 02:17:19 PM
Yeah, I'm still around. Spending more time on facebook than on the boards. Still working at Pizza Hut, still making up for the lazy people. Maybe they'll realize that I'm getting 26-35 hours a week because I do the work and half of them are getting 4 hours a week because they do nothing...No raise just yet, but I'm not sure how often they come up anyway...I've moved up to running register along with cooking, phones, prep. I love my 8-3 shift because for the first 3 hours I don't have to talk to anyone. I can do my work and that's that. Sometimes I get a wrench in my gears like on Tuesday I worked 12:30-5. That's not a GP shift, that's a loser idiot that does nothing shift...but it's ok, I still busted my rear, got ALL my stuff done, while the others stood around looking stupid like usual. I'm used to it now. 4 months+ and still going strong. School starts on the 20th, so I'll be around even less on here. I'm sorry about that, but I still read the posts even if I don't respond. Plus, some of you have me on facebook, so it's all gravy, baby. Oh, I'm going to Ireland next June, will try to get pics of some Irish stores if I find them between the pubs :) lol Adios for now, my friends. Much love to all.

Your doing a great job GP i feel like going to your work to get a pizza lol

ynkeesfn82

A Delivery and Take Out Pizza Hut opened in Southington at 360 Queen Street late last year, taking 1/4 of the former Hollywood Video. Most recently Southington only had a Pizza Hut Express with the Taco Bell. They took that out when they remodeled Taco Bell. And years ago a Pizza Hut stood where Outback Steakhouse now stands in what was Ames Plaza.

GothicPrincess

As of August 2011 I walked out of Pizza Hut and didn't look back. Got tired of the bull crap going on and went straight to another shop that is quaint, local, and with wonderful people. Got interviewed over the phone 5 days later and was hired on the spot. Been there ever since. I love it. The people are great, with exception of one, and that's not even that bad since I work one day a week with this person. I deliver as well as cook, and some weeks make a bunch of money. Ireland never happened, went to Jersey instead. Going to Jersey next week, too. Graduated college in December, in the process of finding a good hospital to work at and probably move if the money is good. Those are my latest updates...lol

retailisking

Former Pizza Hut Italian Bistro in Augusta, ME

ynkeesfn82

That's a nice looking building.

retailisking

It is; too bad it didn't make it. It's close to the rotary, but far enough away from the hub of retail activity on Western Avenue that it apparently didn't do enough business. Other Capital Pizza Huts-owned Bistro locations in South Portland and Auburn remain open.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Pizza Hut locations without the traditional mansard roofline:

Normal, Illinois:

Peru, Illinois:

Hammond, Indiana:

Aurora, Illinois:

Streator, Illinois (former Hardee's):

South Bend, Indiana:

Centralia, Missouri:

Channahon, Illinois:

Wilmington, Illinois:

retailisking

TRJ_22487

Quote from: retailisking on January 19, 2013, 12:34:31 AM
Another one bites the crust...
http://www.reformer.com/ci_22399139/another-one-bites-crust-brattleboro-rsquo-s-pizza

That sucks, that was the last "classic" Pizza Hut anywhere in my area. The article mentions the success of the current Keene location, I miss it being in the old building down the road though. I can still remember the last time me and my friends ate there nearly 10 years ago and we shredded our tire on a pothole coming out of the plaza, and our friend had to flash a guy to get him to pull over and replace the tire!

retailisking

I'm surprised Capital Pizza Huts didn't downsize to a "Delco Lite" version in Brattleboro; that's what they did on Forest Avenue in Portland. Maybe they felt delivery wasn't viable in a small town like Brat.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444138104578032904071784588.html

ynkeesfn82

Dang gum it. First Bickfords closes. Now Pizza Hut. That absolutely sucks.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: retailisking on April 19, 2012, 07:29:10 AM
Former Pizza Hut Italian Bistro in Augusta, ME

There was once an Italian Bistro Pizza Hut around where I live. It was a family owned location, too that was separate from the rest of the Pizza Hut Chain. However, when I decided to go there for the first time, I noticed that it had changed hands when my friend who was driving pulled into the parking lot. Out of nowhere when I looked at the sign it said, "Wing Street Pizza Hut." That really frustrated me. Especially since it was the only Italian Bistro Pizza Hut in my area. I had my heart and mind set on going there and it had changed over to a Wing Street Pizza Hut location. Not quite sure how to find another Italian Bistro Pizza Hut to go to and dine at for the first time now.

TRJ_22487

Have you ever seen a Pizza Hut inside of a 7-11 like this one from September 1989?

Pikapower

??? They had Pizza Huts in 7-Elevens!?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: Pikapower on March 24, 2013, 04:30:40 PM
??? They had Pizza Huts in 7-Elevens!?
Now that is hard to believe, but at the same time it is not in this day and age.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: GothicPrincess on March 29, 2012, 02:24:59 PM
As of August 2011 I walked out of Pizza Hut and didn't look back. Got tired of the bull crap going on and went straight to another shop that is quaint, local, and with wonderful people. Got interviewed over the phone 5 days later and was hired on the spot. Been there ever since. I love it. The people are great, with exception of one, and that's not even that bad since I work one day a week with this person. I deliver as well as cook, and some weeks make a bunch of money. Ireland never happened, went to Jersey instead. Going to Jersey next week, too. Graduated college in December, in the process of finding a good hospital to work at and probably move if the money is good. Those are my latest updates...lol
I know what you mean GothicPrincess. I used to be a very big Pizza Hut person, but here in the last year, I feel like Pizza Hut is going downhill. Whenever I order a pizza, there is hardly any pizza sauce on the pizza to flavor it. But at the same time, they do it with their wings as well. I order wings. Hardly any sauce. That is why I am really into my local Pizza place called Zepp's Pizza. It is their only location and I love their quality. I also have their phone # number in my cell phone. I also like Donato's Pizza and Fox's Pizza Den. Other than that, those are three favorite pizza places.

JimSawhill

Quote from: retailisking on January 19, 2013, 12:34:31 AM
Another one bites the crust...

http://www.reformer.com/ci_22399139/another-one-bites-crust-brattleboro-rsquo-s-pizza

One of the old style Pizza hut is an Italian Restaurant and another is a pawn shop....

Bdubs

The location along I-95 in New London has closed. They are painting the signature shaped roof brown, and there are signs in the window saying they are opening soon under another name.

bubcolbert1952

Quote from: Bdubs on February 01, 2014, 11:14:51 PM
The location along I-95 in New London has closed. They are painting the signature shaped roof brown, and there are signs in the window saying they are opening soon under another name.

So a local pizzeria is moving in? Could it be one owned by the former Pizza Hut franchise owners at the site? This is similar to what happened with some IHOP closures in Georgia. Former IHOP locations reopened as diners called "Flap Jack".

BillyGr

Quote from: bubcolbert1952 on February 02, 2014, 03:22:12 PM
Quote from: Bdubs on February 01, 2014, 11:14:51 PM

So a local pizzeria is moving in? Could it be one owned by the former Pizza Hut franchise owners at the site? This is similar to what happened with some IHOP closures in Georgia. Former IHOP locations reopened as diners called "Flap Jack".

Could be, or it could be something other than pizza (several here have been reopened as other types of restaurants, one fairly recent closure reopened within a couple months(ish)). 
The first post didn't really say, just opening soon under another name, but not what they were offering.

Bdubs

It appears the Groton, Ct location has also closed. Not sure how long ago that one closed but New London was just last week.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on January 13, 2012, 06:54:37 PM
A Delivery and Take Out Pizza Hut opened in Southington at 360 Queen Street late last year, taking 1/4 of the former Hollywood Video. Most recently Southington only had a Pizza Hut Express with the Taco Bell. They took that out when they remodeled Taco Bell. And years ago a Pizza Hut stood where Outback Steakhouse now stands in what was Ames Plaza.

So that Pizza Hut has now closed.

Bdubs

Quote from: Bdubs on February 03, 2014, 07:51:24 PM
It appears the Groton, Ct location has also closed. Not sure how long ago that one closed but New London was just last week.

Former Pizza Hut in New London is being turned into a Denny's. Construction started a couple weeks ago.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Pizza Hut on Green Bay, Wisconsin's east side used to be a Sambo's. That location has since been demolished for a strip mall featuring a Dollar Tree.

giantsfan2016

The Carry-Out/Delivery Pizza Hut in the Annex Building at the Bristol Commons in Bristol, Connecticut has closed.

retailisking

The closed Pizza Hut in West Lebanon, New Hampshire is being demolished; plans call for a new, larger building to be erected on the site with a drive-thru coffee operation and dental office.

buzz86us

old-style restaurant Pizza Huts are getting harder to find especially with the buffet