Pizza Hut

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Pizza Hut in Rochester NH:

Now closed and abandoned.  They built a brand new restaurant across the street.

d_fife

WHAT is with Pizza Hut Closing places.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Plus I never thought Olive Garden and Pizza Hut were owned by the same company!

That's because they aren't - Olive Garden (along with Red Lobster, Smokey Bones and Bahama Breeze) are under Darden Restaurants.

Pizza Hut (and KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers) are a separate company (not sure what the current name is - used to be a part of PepsiCo a number of years back) - this is why many of these are co-located in various combintions.

Pizza Hut, KFC, Long JohnSilvers and A&W are part of Tricon  GLobal Restaurants wich is now known as Yum! Brands.

Taco Bell, A&W, Pizza Hut, KFC, and Long John Silver's are part of the YUM! Brands family.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

A former Pizza Hut-turned-Taco Bell located in Oconto, Wisconsin a town located north of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Mobil

These are all the closed ones I know:
Holmes, PA
Aston, PA (red roof location moved, torn down)
Lansdowne, PA (not dine-in)
Upper Darby, PA
King of Prussia, PA
Willow Grove, PA
West Chester, PA
West Chester, PA (not dine-in)
Kennett Square, PA
Phoenixville, PA
Coatesville, PA
Bensalem, PA
Berwick, PA
Ocean City, NJ
Wilmington, DE (red roof building destroyed)
Chestertown, MD (red roof building moved)
Painted Post, NY
FM 1960, Houston, TX
Tomball, TX (red roof building destroyed)

BJ's, Wal-Mart, Wawa, and AMF all used to have Pizza Hut Express, and closed them. Bradlees had them, as well as Discovery Zone. Also, there used to be a combination KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut Express near me, which discontinued the Pizza Hut products. Ditto for a KFC/Pizza Hut.

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
Holmes, PA
Upper Darby, PA
King of Prussia, PA
Willow Grove, PA
West Chester, PA
Kennett Square, PA
Phoenixville, PA
Coatesville, PA
Bensalem, PA
Berwick, PA
Ocean City, NJ
Painted Post, NY
FM 1960, Houston, TX

BJ's, Wal-Mart, Wawa, and AMF all used to have Pizza Hut Express, and closed them. Bradlees had them, as well as Discovery Zone. Also, there used to be a combination KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut Express near me, which discontinued the Pizza Hut products. Ditto for a KFC/Pizza Hut.
There actually used to be two Pizza Hut red roof locations in Bensalem, PA that closed.  The first was on Street Road, between Hulmeville Road and Bristol Pike.

The second was on Lincoln Highway, across from the recently closed Steak & Ale.  I used to work at the Pizza Hut on Lincoln Highway from 1993 to 1996.  It was called Trevose Pizza Hut.  This location closed in early 1997.  It, and the Sohio/BP/Mobil gas station that was next door were demolished and replaced by a Wawa Food Market and Gas Station.:yup:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa
Holmes, PA
Upper Darby, PA
King of Prussia, PA
Willow Grove, PA
West Chester, PA
Kennett Square, PA
Phoenixville, PA
Coatesville, PA
Bensalem, PA
Berwick, PA
Ocean City, NJ
Painted Post, NY
FM 1960, Houston, TX

There actually used to be two Pizza Hut red roof locations in Bensalem, PA that closed.  The first was on Street Road, between Hulmeville Road and Bristol Pike.

The second was on Lincoln Highway, across from the recently closed Steak & Ale.  I used to work at the Pizza Hut on Lincoln Highway from 1993 to 1996.  It was called Trevose Pizza Hut.  This location closed in early 1997.  It, and the Sohio/BP/Mobil gas station that was next door were demolished and replaced by a Wawa Food Market and Gas Station.:yup:

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! 1997... probably when the one in Holmes, across from MacDade Mall closed. And a SOHIO station? The red roof ones were built from 1968 to 1973 I think.

rjstheiv

the picture did not load before for some reason so here it is...

Marc82

Just got a Pizza Hut ad in the mail. It says there's a new sit-down restaurant on Silver Lane in East Hartford. I didn't know they were still opening new sit-down restaurants.

Marc82

Former Bristol, CT Pizza Hut corner of Route 6 and North Main. Pizza Hut closed when they did their big round of closings in the 90s. Remodeled into Sovereign Bank in 06. Nice job you can't even tell it was a Pizza Hut.  The bank relocated here from the near by Shaw's Supermarket. This is the back side.

GothicPrincess

Holmes, PA
Upper Darby, PA
King of Prussia, PA
Willow Grove, PA
West Chester, PA
Kennett Square, PA
Phoenixville, PA
Coatesville, PA
Bensalem, PA
Berwick, PA
Ocean City, NJ
Painted Post, NY
FM 1960, Houston, TX

Add to your list...Greensburg, PA closed about 2 years ago, they re-painted the building, was a red-roof, now it's PUKE!!! TAN!!!!! ew ew ew I miss Pizza Hut there!!! Only one that delivered. Candee St. doesn't pick up anymore for delivery. Jerks...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Zayre88

Yet another closed Pizza Hut, in Nashua NH.  They removed the top part of the Hut:

XISMZERO

Check out this newly remodeled Pizza Hut in East Hartford, CT. This one closed in 2002 after a fire and was vacant for eight years and all of a sudden -- open again!

Taken today (8-18-09).
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's what the aformentioned Pizza Hut in East Hartford, CT looked like back in March 2008 (and years prior).
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Check out this newly remodeled Pizza Hut in East Hartford, CT. This one closed in 2002 after a fire and was vacant for eight years and all of a sudden -- open again!

Nick, I made a post on 5/27 that I got an ad in the mail that Pizza Hut opened a sit-down restaurant on Silver Lane in East Hartford. I didn't realize it was one that was back from the dead.

jmcnamara96

Heres mine from the Hudson NH data base photo owned by
 CAPITAL PIZZA OF NEW HAMPSHIRE it say there address is in Kansas?

Marc82

And unfortunately they're closed again until further notice because some idiot drove their car through the building this morning. The woman claims she was cut-off. Bull.

http://www.wtic.com/Vehicle-Slams-into-East-Hartford-Pizza-Hut/5972394

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82

And unfortunately they're closed again until further notice because some idiot drove their car through the building this morning. The woman claims she was cut-off. Bull.

http://www.wtic.com/Vehicle-Slams-into-East-Hartford-Pizza-Hut/5972394
Seriously?!! How do you get cut off and lose control to drive into a Pizza Hut building so bad that now it has to remain closed until it can be fixed?
Where's the surveilance camera on this one, it's got to be priceless!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
Seriously?!! How do you get cut off and lose control to drive into a Pizza Hut building so bad that now it has to remain closed until it can be fixed?
Where's the surveilance camera on this one, it's got to be priceless!!  

That's what I'd like to know. From the video of the scene it doesn't look like the building is that close to Silver Lane. She would've had to have gone through the parking lot and over a snow-covered curb to go through the building. The owner of the restaurant said business had just started coming back in the 8 months he's been reopened. And now this. Hopefully it can be fix. The town said the building is Unsafe for occupancy.

Marc82

Surprisingly the restaurant has reopened.

wiseguy93

This former Pizza Hut located in Kingsport, Tennessee on Lynn Garden Drive is now vacant it is now a used car lot, in this picture it was still vacant.

wiseguy93

This former Pizza Hut is located at
2762 Bloomingdale Pike section of Kingsport, Tennessee.
its now home to a Pizza Plus.

nims57

Abandoned red roof Pizza Huts can be found in Pottstown, PA and Northeast Philadelphia right now.

GothicPrincess

Well, today was my OFFICIAL first day of work. I was actually making pizzas today. It was great. I've learned some of the secrets, which I am not telling anyone, so don't ask. But I love it. It's in a busy shopping center, naturally, Walmart and Lowe's are the 2 big stores. Next to us is Arbys stand-alone, GameStop, Payless, in their own section with I THINK a hairdresser, Burger King, and a bunch of other smaller stores. We are right on the highway with Walmart and Lowe's on the other side of the parking lot. Oh, we're also right at a stoplight haha so we are seen by all kinds of traffic, so we do good business. I'm enjoying it so far. And my kids love that they got dinner tonight, I get a free meal myself, and a 20% discount on stuff I pay for, outside of the specials. No biggie, we got a 10 dollar any way you want it, so I don't have to break my wallet. I love Pizza Hut................

gu4ever

Quote from: GothicPrincess on March 27, 2010, 06:52:39 PM
Well, today was my OFFICIAL first day of work. I was actually making pizzas today. It was great. I've learned some of the secrets, which I am not telling anyone, so don't ask. But I love it. It's in a busy shopping center, naturally, Walmart and Lowe's are the 2 big stores. Next to us is Arbys stand-alone, GameStop, Payless, in their own section with I THINK a hairdresser, Burger King, and a bunch of other smaller stores. We are right on the highway with Walmart and Lowe's on the other side of the parking lot. Oh, we're also right at a stoplight haha so we are seen by all kinds of traffic, so we do good business. I'm enjoying it so far. And my kids love that they got dinner tonight, I get a free meal myself, and a 20% discount on stuff I pay for, outside of the specials. No biggie, we got a 10 dollar any way you want it, so I don't have to break my wallet. I love Pizza Hut................
Congrats on your new job!! I know you were waiting to hear back from them, glad your enjoying it.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

GothicPrincess

Quote from: gu4ever on March 28, 2010, 01:24:50 AM
Quote from: GothicPrincess on March 27, 2010, 06:52:39 PM
Congrats on your new job!! I know you were waiting to hear back from them, glad your enjoying it.

GothicPrincess

Hello, again, from your favorite pizza wh0re...I feel like that sometimes. I got roped into staying an extra 2 hours today, and I already work 35 hours a week...Gotta love when young kids work there and they wanna party instead of work. And by party, you all know what I mean. I'm NOT spelling it out, but it is something most people would get FIRED for. Idiots. Anyway, the boss-lady wants to have me become a key carrier, so that I can show up at 8am by myself instead of with someone, so I'd be opening. We'll see if THAT ever happens. I go back to school in August, so if that's what she wants, she better realize that it would only be 4 mornings a week. I prefer mornings, Monday-Friday we have lunch buffet, and on Wednesdays we have a dinner buffet. I hate working with slow-a** people. I love working alone, I get done so much faster than if I have to depend on them to help...oh and I got my first "YUM" sticker...it's like a big compliment saying I'm always there, I do my job and I do it fast, and I put the customers first. Which I do... :) Oh well, just letting you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I DO check-in with facebook at least once a day, sometimes more if I get a break at work. Miss you all, hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far for those that are already out of classes, or who may be taking vacations and such....not me. I work. lol Enjoy your week, everyone.
Jaime

jmcnamara96

Quote from: GothicPrincess on May 17, 2010, 08:23:15 PM
Hello, again, from your favorite pizza wh0re...I feel like that sometimes. I got roped into staying an extra 2 hours today, and I already work 35 hours a week...Gotta love when young kids work there and they wanna party instead of work. And by party, you all know what I mean. I'm NOT spelling it out, but it is something most people would get FIRED for. Idiots. Anyway, the boss-lady wants to have me become a key carrier, so that I can show up at 8am by myself instead of with someone, so I'd be opening. We'll see if THAT ever happens. I go back to school in August, so if that's what she wants, she better realize that it would only be 4 mornings a week. I prefer mornings, Monday-Friday we have lunch buffet, and on Wednesdays we have a dinner buffet. I hate working with slow-a** people. I love working alone, I get done so much faster than if I have to depend on them to help...oh and I got my first "YUM" sticker...it's like a big compliment saying I'm always there, I do my job and I do it fast, and I put the customers first. Which I do... :) Oh well, just letting you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I DO check-in with facebook at least once a day, sometimes more if I get a break at work. Miss you all, hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far for those that are already out of classes, or who may be taking vacations and such....not me. I work. lol Enjoy your week, everyone.
Jaime

Nice job Jamie!Makes me want to go down to PA for Pizza Hut :)

TRJ22487

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on May 18, 2010, 01:59:49 PM
Quote from: GothicPrincess on May 17, 2010, 08:23:15 PM
Jaime

Nice job Jamie!Makes me want to go down to PA for Pizza Hut :)

lol cry about it. I'm working 60 hours a week, 7 days a week at my factory. I'm working my 11th straight day today, and 17 of the last 18. 35 hours sounds like absolutely nothing to me. And I'm only 23!

nims57

What do you mean by party again?