Pizza Hut

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 07:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david121

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the pizza hut in watertown new york on arsenal st in the lowe's parking lot. an unusal design. (note: most pizza huts in boston are gone)

It's also a Italian Bistro  place... I haven't gone to Pizza Hut, well to eat inside in a very, very long time. I don't get there pizza very often - the local places are amazing.

It's been there for a while, and I heard it was a huge monster draw, but now it is quiet as heck. A texas road house opened up right next to Pizza Hut, so I think they may get busy again -- to absorb all of the customers who don't want to wait for a seat at Texas Road House.

XISMZERO

A former, vacant Pizza Hut in Holyoke, Mass. Taken 4-24-07.

It's a brown one! There's another brown-roof Pizza Hut in nearby West Springfield, still open.

This one's in a very ugly Kmart plaza.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Roof almost looks like it was painted brown.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Building front.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Behind the building; a dumping ground.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88 At least 4 Pizza Hut opened in the 90's in Quebec city and nearby in Levis.  They all closed after only a few years.

The Levis former location, now an Eggsquis Restaurant:

Zayre88

What looks like a former, older Pizza Hut building in Dover NH.  The sign used by "Right Image Hairstyle" still has the shape older Pizza Hut signs used years ago.

Zayre88

Closed Pizza Hut on Lisbon st. in Lewiston ME.  They have a modern location open on Sabattus St.

XISMZERO

Vacant Pizza Hut on Silver Lane in East Hartford. I came here two years ago and took pictures and I'm not too surprised it's still vacant when I came by today: 3-6-2008.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Pizza Hut in West Springfield, Mass. on Rt. 5/Riverdale St. Taken March 7, 2008.

It's a rare brown one AAAAND! it has a label scar from an old caps/stencil Pizza Hut logo many of us never knew!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Pizza Hut in West Springfield, Mass. on Rt. 5/Riverdale St. Taken March 7, 2008.

This one probably first opened in the early 70's, had the caps/stencil logo. It looks like the now closed one in Holyoke (look at the top of the page).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

A closer look at the label scar. Here's what it once looked like... http://www.flickr.com/photos/romleys/1500602028/

I just checked the town assessor, claims it was built in 1970.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

FearlessSwan

A possible former Pizza Hut in Largo, FL

The current location, up the road a bit.

CTAmeshopper

I have seen an old school Pizza Hut driving near North Adams,Massacusetts it's in a location where the road is a two way strip, not far from downtown.  

here it is

http://maps.live.com/?q=springfield+ma&FORM=MSNH&mkt=en-US#JnE9eXAucGl0dHNmaWVsZCsrbWFzc2FjaHVzZXR0cytwaXp6YStodXQlN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NDIuNDYzMTY3ODA2NjcxNiU3ZS03My4yNDg1NTI2Mzk0MzM0JTdlNDIuNDU0NDMzNjcwNTgyMyU3ZS03My4yNTc4NzA2Nzk0ODc2

heres the address.
696 Merrill Rd, Pittsfield,MA

C. Fontaine

You know, it seems this whole "Pasta Hut" thing was viral advertising on their part.  The first commercial I saw for their pasta showed them demolishing a Pizza Hut and building a "Pasta Hut."  After that they also released another one showing a pasta hut replacing a pizza hut and so on... leading at least me to believe they might be starting a new chain.  Then all of a sudden it was like they pulled the stops and now have some pretty clear commercials as to the fact they are only serving cheap ready made pasta.

FearlessSwan

Former Pizza Hut? Clearwater, FL

CTAmeshopper

QuoteOriginally posted by FearlessSwan
Former Pizza Hut? Clearwater, FL

looks like one to me, notice that huge rectangular section in the middle,it looks like they covered the top part with a cheap box.:insane:

wiseguy93

Here is a former Pizza Hut in Norton,Virginia. It opened in the late 1970's. It closed a few years ago. Plans are since Wise and Norton are a few miles apart. Plans were to close the one in Norton and then the one in Wise which is located on West Main Street and build a brand new one in the shopping center that is located between Wise & Norton. But last I heard the real estate was too hight and Pizza Hut just decided to leave the Wise one open. Here's a picture of the Former Norton Pizza Hut now a  Romano's.

Zayre88

Old classic Pizza Hut in Concord, NH.

mikey7290

The old Pizza Hut on Arsenal Street in Watertown, NY is now a car stereo place.  They took down the top part of the roof so it looks more like any other brick building but they painted the roof, changing it from red to bright orange.  The shop's colors are bright green and orange.  I will try to get pics this weekend because I will be down that way.

videogamer75

Cool! I'd like to see pics of that.

videogamer75

This is the Pizza Hut in Berlin, NJ.

videogamer75

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Old classic Pizza Hut in Concord, NH.
That Pizza Hut looks almost like the one I worked at back in 1993 to 1996, in Trevose, PA.  The one I worked at closed in early 1997, and was demolished and replaced by a Wawa Food Market and Gas Station.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

videogamer75

I just found one of Pizza Hut's founders, Frank Carney, is now a large Papa John's franchisee and even criticizes Pizza Hut now. Personally, I prefer Pizza Hut.

Ameskid

:no::yup:  I'm caught between the two!  Pizza Hut is *less* appealing to me since they stopped having Cheesy Bites pizza, but their normal pizza is still very good.  Papa John's is served at our school, however, so I've grown accustomed to that, but some days it's awesome, some days it's crap.

**300 POSTS!!**
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

C. Fontaine

When I worked at Papa Gino's we used to do school lunches about twice a month.  Absolutely crazy if you're the person making the pizza.  We needed to make about 120 pizzas in an hour, cut the slices nearly perfectly, and time 3 deliveries just right.  All during the normal lunch rush!

webcookie

An abandoned Pizza Hut in Fredericksburg, Virginia.

Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
What looks like a former, older Pizza Hut building in Dover NH.  The sign used by "Right Image Hairstyle" still has the shape older Pizza Hut signs used years ago.

Another view of that vintage former Pizza Hut.  You can see the original door with handle and the last remaining shape of the former Pizza hut windows.