PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE!!!

Started by Mobil, November 10, 2008, 06:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobil

This is Wal-Mart's problem. They will continue to relocate stores every 7-10 years. It seems like a giant waste.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
This is Wal-Mart's problem. They will continue to relocate stores every 7-10 years. It seems like a giant waste.

Why?
JN

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil

Why?

they want to go for bigger and better!

CTAmeshopper

how's that bad business wise?

I know the size of the superstore and parking lot isn't environmentally friendly and contributes to sprawl, but that's only what I could find that's bad about it.

Marc82

We're shrinking the size of new Supercenters. And we're gonna be opening less than originally planned.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
how's that bad business wise?

I know the size of the superstore and parking lot isn't environmentally friendly and contributes to sprawl, but that's only what I could find that's bad about it.

I don't mean it's bad business wise, it's wasteful. They could have built their stores bigger and better in the 80's! Think of all the human experience we already had then. They are moving some stores for the second time now. For example, the store opened in 1984, moved in 1990, and is moving again. They at least had Supercenters in 1990.