Red Lobster

Started by Caldor1999, May 21, 2005, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

red lobster in ashtabula oh near the mall

d_fife

red lobster in hamburg / buffalo / blasdell ny near mckineley mall

d_fife

red lobster in erie pa around the millcreek mall.

d_fife

red lobster in north olmstead or north olmsted ohio (not far from cleveland and in the lot of the mall)

Mobil

Red Lobster at one of my local malls closed suddenly just about a year ago after 20 years in business, but the other ones in the area show no sign of GOB. Any info would be appreciated.

rjstheiv

The Red Lobster in West Mifflin PA.

This Pic is from around 2005.

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

Crawford

I remember in the 80s when Red Lobster started advertising on tv here in RI. My late father was so anxious to go, the seafood looked so good and delicious. I know I probably snorted and said "Pop, the commercials always look better" Eventually one opened in East Providence and my father was overjoyed, one of the first in line. Well, the food was lousy, the service deplorable and my father disappointed. I told him, let's try it again later, opening night problems not withstanding. So a few months later we tried it again. The service was exceptional but the food just as lousy and no where near as good as the commercials promised. The restaurant closed not long after my father died and re-opened about a year later as a Davenport's family restaurant. Food is excellent as is the help. To those who have been, is the food terrible or good?
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

TRJ22487

My grandparents used to take me to Red Lobster and I always HATED it. I always liked Weathervane better, though I went to Weathervane in Lebanon, NH recently, and didn't like it nearly as much as I used to in the 90's. The place was as packed as ever though.

There are two famous Red Lobster quotes from former NBA players

"...We get like, 80 some dollars meal money, you can go to a nice restaurant. You can go to a Red Lobster and get yourself a nice meal" - Chucky Brown

"I Just Got Back From Red Lobster." New York Knicks GM Isiah Thomas' greeting to Jim Rome on 'The Last Word'.

Bdubs

There used to be a Red Lobster in New London, CT  along side of I-95.  That closed quite a few years ago now, probably before they revamped the mall.
It has since become a Chili's.  Not sure why this location closed, it was always busy, with waits 40+ mins to eat.

GothicPrincess

I've never had a problem with Red Lobster, when I was able to afford it. The last time I was in one was down in Stuart, FL in Feb. 2001. I was visiting my step-dad and my brothers for a few days, and he let me choose where to eat. He dropped a good load of money on the bill, but never complained, because he raised me and said I could choose. The food was awesome, the waitstaff was awesome. For 7 of us to get a table I thought was going to be hard, but they were ready for us. they just pushed 2 tables together. All my Red Lobster experiences have always been like that, even when I lived in Jersey. I'd like to go again, but the prices are a bit high for me right now, being I'm not working and attending college. We'll see what the future holds...My rating is 5 stars for Stuart, FL Red Lobster...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

reitelle

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
I remember in the 80s when Red Lobster started advertising on tv here in RI. My late father was so anxious to go, the seafood looked so good and delicious. I know I probably snorted and said "Pop, the commercials always look better" Eventually one opened in East Providence and my father was overjoyed, one of the first in line. Well, the food was lousy, the service deplorable and my father disappointed. I told him, let's try it again later, opening night problems not withstanding. So a few months later we tried it again. The service was exceptional but the food just as lousy and no where near as good as the commercials promised. The restaurant closed not long after my father died and re-opened about a year later as a Davenport's family restaurant. Food is excellent as is the help. To those who have been, is the food terrible or good?

I just went there to get the cheese biscuits and left :) Where in RI are you from?

Bdubs

Darden must be relieved to have found a buyer. This restaurant posted a loss for all 4 qtrs last year. I don't see Golden Gate keeping them afloat much longer unless they make drastic changes.

retailisking

Most of that $2.1 billion is for the real estate, which is a Golden Gate specialty. I expect GG to be pretty merciless about closing locations where the real estate value exceeds its potential as a RL.

Stork of The Weak

Personally I wish all the Outback restaurants could close and be replaced by either Red Lobster or Olive Garden. Outback is ridiculously overpriced for sh1tty food, most of which is also VERY unhealthy such as the bloomin onion. I tried one once but said never again after it turned into diarrhea from all the obvious grease. And Outback has tried experimenting with both the seafood and Italian restaurant concepts, under the names Bonefish Grill and Carrabba's, but both seem like bad imitations of Red Lobster and Olive Garden (though Bonefish seems to have a slightly better bar selection than Red Lobster).

Bdubs

The sit and eat restaurants are all having a hard time. The younger generation just wants in and out. Its why places like Panera Bread, Chipolte, Moe's are all thriving. They offer a very decent selection for a lot cheaper, faster, and many more healthy options. In this environment, companies can't flounder and sit idle like Red Lobster has.

giantsfan2016

My Mom's friend Mary got a Darden Gift Card for Christmas. It still had Red Lobster on it even tho Darden doesn't own Red Lobster anymore. She can't use it at Red Lobster right?

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on January 23, 2017, 06:30:28 PM
My Mom's friend Mary got a Darden Gift Card for Christmas. It still had Red Lobster on it even tho Darden doesn't own Red Lobster anymore. She can't use it at Red Lobster right?

Apparently you can - maybe they have some kind of sharing of records built into their deal to split up?

https://www.darden.com/gift-cards - That page on their own site still shows pictures of cards with all the brand (Red Lobster included) so if they complain show them that.  Would seem to break some kind of law if they advertise the cards on their own corporation site with that brand but wouldn't take them.

https://egiftcard.darden.com/redlobsterstore/ - Another Darden site with RL e-cards.

Looks like they were sold to a capital group, so perhaps they didn't want to have to set up a separate system for just the one chain?

JJBers

Never really been to Red Lobster, too far away from where I live. (Wethersfield, CT) Anyways, I don't like seafood.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)