Shop Rite

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 02:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

this is one of the first super markets i remember going too my shop rite open in a former barkers and got rentvaded in 2001 lol i kinda miss the old look and there new logo is so funny:insane::roll::bounce::bouncing::bouncing::bounce::tumble::dizzy::insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76fanAmesmanBBTB

yeah who couldn't!

BOOOM! CRASH! OOOPS! I CRASHED THE WAGON LOL!!:insane:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76fanAmesmanBBTB
yeah who couldn't!

lol nice to have u back
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I SAW A LOGO that looks like the new one accept its in a circle it was like the sign in this pic

BTW I saw the previous logo (the old one) on a newly opened shoprite in BRISTOL a trend prehaps?

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I STUMBLED UPON THESE PICTURES WHILE SEARCHING FOR shop rite in google images

THESE FEATURE TWO PICS OF REAL OLD SHOP RITE TRUCKS WITH THE REALLY OLD LOGO AND THE THIRD TOY REPLICA WITH THE VERY OLD LOGO LOOKS LIKE THE SILOUETTE OF THE LADY THEY TALK ABOUT ON THEIR WEBSITE!

THE OLD LOGO LOOKS COOL!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

THESE FEATURE TWO PICS OF REAL OLD SHOP RITE TRUCKS WITH THE REALLY OLD LOGO AND THE THIRD TOY REPLICA WITH THE VERY OLD LOGO LOOKS LIKE THE SILOUETTE OF THE LADY THEY TALK ABOUT ON THEIR WEBSITE!

THE OLD LOGO LOOKS COOL!

THATS THAT STUPIED SHOP RITE TRUCK THAT FLOWES ME EVERY WERE I GO! lol:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

THE OLD LOGO LOOKS COOL!

THATS THAT STUPIED SHOP RITE TRUCK THAT FLOWES ME EVERY WERE I GO! lol:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

ARE YOU SURE?

YOU SHOULD LOOK CLOSER IT HAS A SILOUETTE OF A LADY WITH A SHOPPING CART AND THE LOGO IS NOT TILTED!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

THE OLD LOGO LOOKS COOL!

ARE YOU SURE?

YOU SHOULD LOOK CLOSER IT HAS A SILOUETTE OF A LADY WITH A SHOPPING CART AND THE LOGO IS NOT TILTED!

HERE TAKE A CLOSER LOOK YOU SURE?

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

That last pic was a little blurry heres a better pic showing the women silouette better

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Heres my explanation for why the new shop rite looks so funny

THE SHOPPING CART FILLED WITH CHEESE, BOUNCY BALLS,and BUTTER SLID ROLLED DOWN THROUGH A PARKING LOT AND CRASHED INTO A SHOP RITE SIGN AND BLEW UP AND SHOT UP STREIGHT UP INTO THE AIR! LOL:insane:

REFER TO THE DIAGRAM BELOW FOR PICTURAL EXPLANATION

Caldor1999

That last pic was a little blurry heres a better pic showing the women silouette better

o nope it wasent that one it was the outher one lol:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

I SAW A LOGO that looks like the new one accept its in a circle it was like the sign in this pic

BTW I saw the previous logo (the old one) on a newly opened shoprite in BRISTOL a trend prehaps?

looking at the way that logo looks it looks like the cart is rizing to heaven:insane:
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Well anyway this is how the previous logo was made through changes to the older one

AKA HOW DIFFERENT THE PREVIOUS ONE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OLDER ONE

THE OLDER ONE LOOKS VERY SUPA-70s! lol:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Is Price Rite a division of Shop Rite?

I would like to know because I saw behind my Torrington Price Rite (an old former shop rite) a Shop Rite Semi wi/ trailer displaying the old logo!:o:holysh:

actually it was to the side of it.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

IT GETS BETTER PRICE RITE IS A CONNECTICUT BASED CHAIN MY STATE

FINALLY A STATE/REGIONAL CHAIN FOR
ONCE!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

ALL LOCAL CHAINS ARE NOT GONE

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!:bounce:::bouncing:

LOL!!!!!1:insane::insane::insane:

:bigsmile:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76fanAmesmanBBTB
yeah who couldn't!

"Always Fresh and Always for less SHOP RITE!"

visual---.runaway shopping cart loaded with grocercies comes zooming through parking lot

camera angle tripod locked to view of cart

*sfx* ZOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!

voice "STOP THAT WAGON!"

camera angle--->  view of Shop Rite sign facing  front backed out far enough to see wagon coming in from side

*sfx* ZZOOOOOOMM.............. (impact) BOOOOOOOOMMMM CRASH!

voice one "OOPS I CRASHED THE WAGON!"

Voice two " SHOP RIGHT NOT WRONG!" (get it?)

visual---> HUGE PYROTECHNIC EXPLOSION SHOWING CART FLYING UP AFTER IMPACT W/groceries flying out of the cart

fade to Shop Rite logo

HA HA LLLLLLLLLOOOOOLLLLL
:insane::insane::insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

looking at the way that logo looks it looks like the cart is rizing to heaven:insane:

cue music  melodic aaaaaawwwwwwwhhhhhhh

you know what I mean that long singing note they usually play with anything to do with heaven

lol:D:insane:

store215

Is Price Rite a division of Shop Rite?

I would like to know because I saw behind my Torrington Price Rite (an old former shop rite) a Shop Rite Semi wi/ trailer displaying the old logo!:o:holysh:

actually it was to the side of it.

Wow, it seems Price Rite is owned by the same Co. That owns Shop Rite...I wasn't even aware of this.

te:       November 4, 2004

By John Jordan, GlobeSt.com

NEW BRITAIN, CT - Price Rite, a division of Wakefern Food Corp. of Elizabeth, N.J., has signed a contract to lease 32,000 sf of space at the Columbus Plaza shopping center here. The deal reported by GVA Williams of Connecticut, is for a 10-year term.

Caldor1999

Any One Remebr the Can Can comricle they did ?
Caldor Forever!

Rayco7030

Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Caldor1999

old shop rite truck
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

the shop rite lady:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Rayco7030

Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Yeah I think the still do it:rolleyes:

with now people acting a shoppers/actual shoppers singing along:P:rolleyes::roll::bouncing:

Caldor1999

Yeah I think the still do it:rolleyes:

with now people acting a shoppers/actual shoppers singing along:P:rolleyes::roll::bouncing:

lol i havent seen it yet
Caldor Forever!

df559

My friend that lives back East shops at Shop Rite. We call it Shop WRONG, lol :insane:

BillyGr

Here is a shot of the former ShopRite in East Greenbush (Routes 9 & 20) - It was open for a short time (maybe 10 years or so) - then it (along with several ShopRite stores in the Albany area) became a Great American for a short time (they closed after problems with hiring illegal workers) - later it was a bingo hall (closed after the owners were found to be keeping more of the money than they were supposed to) and has been vacant since.  This is at the opposite end of the plaza from the Ames (hence the color which was painted after Shoprite left).

BillyGr

OK - you look at the photo, you say "Why is there a Price Chopper picture in the Shoprite post"

This store was a former Shoprite in Menands - Price Chopper bought the location and took it over (and closed their own store up the road a bit) when ShopRite pulled out of the area.  This store is directly across Route 32 from the Two Guys/GU/Albany Public posted elsewhere

TRU7536

Shop Rite still exsists? Their were alot of them in CT. It was my parents first Grocery store when they cam to this country back in the late 70's. Their was one in Newington, CT, it closed before i was born, lol, its now a Data Mail company. Also, their arent any around me where i live, i have seen some in NJ. Where do they exsist?

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
Shop Rite still exsists? Their were alot of them in CT. It was my parents first Grocery store when they cam to this country back in the late 70's. Their was one in Newington, CT, it closed before i was born, lol, its now a Data Mail company. Also, their arent any around me where i live, i have seen some in NJ. Where do they exsist?

From their store locator:
Bristol, CT Brookfield, CT Derby, CT Manchester, CT Meriden, CT Milford, CT New London, CT Norwalk, CT Norwich, CT Stamford, CT Waterbury, CT West Haven, CT

Newark, DE Wilmington, DE

Aberdeen, NJ Absecon, NJ Bayonne, NJ Bayville, NJ Belmar, NJ Berlin, NJ Bernardsville, NJ Bloomfield, NJ Bordentown, NJ Bound Brook, NJ Branchburg, NJ Brick, NJ Brooklawn, NJ Carteret, NJ Chatham, NJ Cherry Hill, NJ Chester, NJ Clark, NJ Clementon, NJ Clinton, NJ Delran, NJ East Brunswick, NJ East Orange, NJ East Windsor, NJ Edison, NJ Egg Harbor Twp., NJ Elizabeth, NJ Emerson, NJ Englewood, NJ Ewing, NJ Fair Lawn, NJ Flanders, NJ Flemington, NJ Franklin, NJ Freehold, NJ Garwood, NJ Gibbstown, NJ Glassboro, NJ Hackettstown, NJ Hacksensack, NJ Hainesport, NJ Hamilton Township, NJ Hammonton, NJ Hasbrouck Heights, NJ Hazlet, NJ Hillsborough, NJ Hillsdale, NJ Hillside, NJ Hoboken, NJ Jackson, NJ Jersey City, NJ Kearny, NJ Lakewood, NJ Lanoka Harbor, NJ Lawrenceville, NJ Lincoln Park, NJ Linden, NJ Little Falls, NJ Livingston, NJ Lyndhurst, NJ Manahawkin, NJ Manasquan, NJ Manchester, NJ Marlboro, NJ Marlton, NJ Medford, NJ Middletown, NJ Millburn, NJ Montague, NJ Montgomery Township, NJ Morris Plains, NJ Mount Laurel, NJ Neptune, NJ Netcong, NJ New Milford, NJ Newton, NJ North Bergen, NJ North Brunswick, NJ Northvale, NJ Nutley, NJ Oakland, NJ Old Bridge, NJ Palisades Park, NJ Paramus, NJ Parlin, NJ Parsippany, NJ Passaic, NJ Pennington, NJ Perth Amboy, NJ Phillipsburg, NJ Piscataway, NJ Ramsey, NJ Rio Grande, NJ Rochelle Park, NJ Rockaway, NJ Rutherford, NJ Sewell, NJ Somers Point, NJ Spotswood, NJ Springfield, NJ Stanhope, NJ Stirling, NJ Succasunna, NJ Toms River, NJ Union, NJ Upper Deerfield, NJ Vineland, NJ Washington, NJ Watchung, NJ Wayne, NJ West Caldwell, NJ West Long Branch, NJ West Milford, NJ West Orange, NJ Wharton, NJ Williamstown, NJ Willingboro, NJ Woodbridge, NJ Woodbury, NJ

Bay Shore, NY Bedford Hills, NY Brooklyn, NY Carmel, NY Chester, NY Croton Hudson, NY Ellenville, NY Fishkill, NY Garnerville, NY Hauppauge, NY Hudson, NY Kingston, NY Liberty, NY Middletown, NY Monroe, NY Montgomery, NY Monticello, NY New City, NY New Paltz, NY Newburgh, NY Pearl River, NY Peeksill, NY Plainview, NY Staten Island, NY Tallman, NY Thornwood, NY Vails Gate, NY Warwick, NY West Babylon, NY West Haverstraw, NY West Nyack, NY Yonkers, NY

Brodheadsville, PA East Norriton, PA Eddystone, PA Fairless Hills, PA Philadelphia, PA Stroudsburg, PA Warminster, PA West Chester, PA