Shop Rite

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 02:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg8370

Pic of an old Shop Rite cart found behind the Stop and Shop, Centennial Plaza Meriden where a Shop Rite once operated

greg8370

Here's another one

store215

greg8370

Brief article in the Hartford Courant last week about the old ShopRite in Middletown.  Sounds like it's facing the wrecking ball soon.

standa

This is a picture of the new Middletown, NY Shoprite (opened in a former Stop & Shop).
I was surprised that Shoprite kept the Stop & Shop look, except the name change.

The picture is from the Times Herald Record.

MikeRa

The Shop Rite in Bensalem, Pa was originally a Genuardi's Family Market.

Several new Shop Rites in Souther NJ are former Stop & Shop/Super G stores.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Joeg

Does any on know about Shop Rite opening new stores??

How about Waterbury Shop Rite moving down to the old Price Chopper??

Any news on construction of a new Shop Rite in Middletown Connecticut??

We have not touch on this in awhile.

Thanks

Joeg

The Shop Rite in Norwalk CT opened in the spring of 1993.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by Joeg
Does any on know about Shop Rite opening new stores??

How about Waterbury Shop Rite moving down to the old Price Chopper??

Any news on construction of a new Shop Rite in Middletown Connecticut??

We have not touch on this in awhile.

Thanks

ShopRite was supposed to begin work in the old Waterbury Price Chopper on June 13th (four days after PC closed), but Price Chopper wasn't gonna be completely out of the building until the 20th. Not sure when the new store will open.

Haven't heard about a new Shoprite coming to Middletown, CT. If they do, it would be Round 2 in Middletown for Shoprite.

Rumors are floating that the owners of Shoprite in Waterbury and Bristol might be opening a store on Queen Street in Southington. That too would be Round 2 for Shoprite.

Joeg

Marc

It seems that Shop Rite in Southington CT would do just fine, but with all the damage to the old Shaws I wonder if it would be worth the time and money.  That area does need some more competion.

I grew up in Middletown CT, and the old Shop Rite opened in Oct 1967 and was there for more than 25 years!  I really hope they build a new store(from press reports, it is supposed to be a corporate(i.e non-union)store and be around 67,000 square foot.  It may even drive out the old A&P across the street.

With only 2 supermarkets in Middletown ( I remebered when I was a kid, we had 8 supermarkets!!) so a Shop Rite in Middletown would definatley(sic) be a plus.

MikeRa

Here is three of Shop Rite's products:

Caldor1999

shop rites store brand stuff is pretty good for store brand lol i work for them now since the stop & shop i worked at closed down
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

videogamer75

Some ducklings standing on a submerged ShopRite cart near the Berlin, NJ location (which is across the street from this little pond.)

Joeg

I always felt that Shop-Rite has the lowest prices in most of Connecticut, I just wish they have more stores in our state.

Hopefully, the new Shop-Rite in Waterbury shakes up the marketplace in that area.

Joeg

Shop Rite in Waterbury CT is having its Grand Opening on Sunday Aug 3.

Can someone post their grand opening Ad??

XISMZERO

Shop Rite in Waterbury CT is having its Grand Opening on Sunday Aug 3.

Can someone post their grand opening Ad??

I went by today... looked opened to me. The store is basically a repaint of the old PC into red.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

I always felt that Shop-Rite has the lowest prices in most of Connecticut, I just wish they have more stores in our state.

Hopefully, the new Shop-Rite in Waterbury shakes up the marketplace in that area.

there a good store to shop at but never ever ever try to get a job there thats all i have to say lol i dont think ive ever had a job that i have hated so much before
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Joeg

Well they are family run and family is tough to work for, believe me!! How did the store look?? Did you get a Grand Opening AD?? If you did could you post it for me??

Thanks

Marc82

The Waterbury store is mysteriously missing from the store locator and their application to view a store circular. To find out the info about the Waterbury store in the store locator you have to type in 06010 (Bristol) and select 15 miles. Bristol, Meriden, and Waterbury come up.

Joeg

Yes I saw that!! they did not post the Grand Opening Ad on the Shop Rite site.   I went on Sunday, and this was there 2nd week for Grand Opening.  Pretty go ad, wish I had there first week ad.

MikeRa

i lived near a couple of Shop Rite locations in the Philadelphia, PA area:

[list=1]
  • Bristol Road & Hulmeville Road, Bensalem (Former Genuardi's)
  • Levittown Parkway, south of Olds Boulevard, Levittown (Former A&P/Super Fresh)
  • Roosevelt Boulevard & Haldeman Avenue, Philadelphia
  • Island Avenue & Lindbergh Boulevard, Philadelphia (Former Acme Sav-On)
  • [/list=1]

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Ancient ShopRite in West Caldwell, NJ. I highly doubt it still looks like this, if this store is still there.

Actually, according to Live Maps, It does still look like that!

http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuU2hvcCtSaXRlKyU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj00MC44NzgwODgzNDczNTMyJTdlLTc0LjIzMDQ5OTI2NzU3ODElN2U0MC43ODc4MjAxODczOTU4JTdlLTc0LjQwMTQ3Mzk5OTAyMzU=

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Ancient ShopRite in West Caldwell, NJ. I highly doubt it still looks like this, if this store is still there.

Actually, according to Live Maps, It does still look like that!

http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuU2hvcCtSaXRlKyU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj00MC44NzgwODgzNDczNTMyJTdlLTc0LjIzMDQ5OTI2NzU3ODElN2U0MC43ODc4MjAxODczOTU4JTdlLTc0LjQwMTQ3Mzk5OTAyMzU=

Well,. windows maps is 3 years + old in some areas too so......
JN

videogamer75

Well, in most cases, it's only a year outdated. someone should go out there and get pics.

Joeg

Any word on Shop Rite opening in Middletown and Southington Connecticut?? The new store in Waterbury is great, design was very spare and the store was put to gether really really fast, but business looks like it is booming.

CTAmeshopper

I'd like to see new  pics of the new Shoprite, if at all possible.

I haven't been near that area in a while, all I remember is the old shoprite near Chuck E. Cheese, and that Price Chopper use to be in it's new location.

Did they change the building much?

Mobil

In the 80s ShopRite had a program called "Kids in the Kitchen". It was a recipe contest and some participants won scholarships.
Here are the ShopRites in my area:
Island & Lindbergh, Philadelphia (opened in 2004, a former Acme)
52nd Street, Philadelphia (NEW, next to a new Lowe's)
Eddystone, PA (opened 2004 in a former Festival Foods)
West Chester, PA (older store, plaza has just been remodeled)
Wilmington, DE ("World-Class Store", opened in the 80s)
East Norriton, PA (old store)
Broomall, PA (long gone, now Acme)
PriceRite, Secane, PA (a former A&P)

Joeg

Has Shop Rite opened there new stores in Delaware yet??

I know they plan on opening a huge one in Wilmington.

Joeg

Keep us posted on when this new Shop Rite will be opening.

Also, if you can get there grand opening ad posted, that would be great!!

CTAmeshopper

The new Shop Rite in Waterbury looks great, it has the same storefront as Price Chopper except that it has the red Shop Rite script on it instead, it surprisingly looked nice, the big sign that used to hold the Price Chopper sign now holds big bright yellow Shop Rite signs.

The old Shop Rite is still empty and dark ,maybe a big store like Kohl's or Circuit City or even Best Buy could take that space, The Shaws (which is still empty) might be a good space for a Lowe's  or a Best Buy, maybe even a Bob's Store, or another big store.