Shop Rite

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 02:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
The Shaws (which is still empty) might be a good space for a Lowe's  or a Best Buy, maybe even a Bob's Store, or another big store.

Anyword about C-TOWN Supermarket? One of my supervisors at the Southington Walmart lives in the Waterbury area told me that C-TOWN was supposed to be moving into the Shaw's. The other C-TOWN mysteriously burned down in 2007. As for Bob's they're already in Waterbury. In the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center across the street from the new Shoprite. In fact that's their new location. They used to be elsewhere on Wolcott Street, but I forget where.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by Joeg
Any word on Shop Rite opening in Middletown and Southington Connecticut??

A friend of mine who works at Price Chopper in Southington told me that a vendor told him Shoprite was gonna open in Southington sometime in 2009.

Joeg

Vendors are always good for info like this.

Thanks Marc

CTAmeshopper

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
The Shaws (which is still empty) might be a good space for a Lowe's  or a Best Buy, maybe even a Bob's Store, or another big store.

Anyword about C-TOWN Supermarket? One of my supervisors at the Southington Walmart lives in the Waterbury area told me that C-TOWN was supposed to be moving into the Shaw's. The other C-TOWN mysteriously burned down in 2007. As for Bob's they're already in Waterbury. In the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center across the street from the new Shoprite. In fact that's their new location. They used to be elsewhere on Wolcott Street, but I forget where.

About C-Town this is the first I heard about this, I've been to the old Shaws looked through the window, it's still completely empty in there, not even the shelves are there! I didn't realize Bob's moved. From where I can't remember hmmmmmmmmm....hold on.

Nope, can't see it's previous place on live maps. hmmmmmmmmm....

nope can't find it.

standa

Bob's was in the Waterbury Plaza on Chase Avenue.

AmesNewington

Marc, was there any indication Shop Rite was coming to Southington or Middletown in the first place?

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
Marc, was there any indication Shop Rite was coming to Southington or Middletown in the first place?

Other than vendor info no. :P

AmesNewington

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82

Other than vendor info no. :P

OK thanks. I thought I missed something!

Joeg

I e-mailed shop rite about a 6 months ago, and they don't reveal new store openings or grand re-openings.  You never see a grand opening ad on there site.  They opened a store in the Philly area last week and no ad on there web site.

My info about Middletown comes from someone who lives in that town.  Construciton(sic) began in August of this year.

Marc82

Ok. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Shoprite will most likely open a store in Southington in 2009. A coworker of mine has family that works for the town who told her SR is once again looking at the old Shaws.

Joeg

Thats good news! Its about time that Southington got a Shop Rite back in town.

AmesNewington

Any updates on new store openings? Middletown, Southington?

Caldor1999

heres the shop rite i use to work at whitch opend in 1986 and let me tell you this was the worst job i think i ever had in my entire life if your gonna get a job at a super market make sure its not shop rite lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Joeg

Like the above posters said, anyword on Middletown or Southington??

TheRetroNickFan

There are a lot of these stores around my area. They all tend to have a dirty, outdated atmosphere, and unfriendly service. Just my experiences though.

Marc82

I went to the "new" Waterbury Shoprite today. (Forgot my camera). It's really nice - much nicer than their co-owned store in Bristol. They have a lot that Bristol does not have, but I guess that's because the Waterbury store is a converted Price Chopper.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by TheRetroNickFan
There are a lot of these stores around my area. They all tend to have a dirty, outdated atmosphere, and unfriendly service. Just my experiences though.

no your right about everything they don't care about there stores its one of the worst places i ever worked at i walked out and never looked back
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Marc82

Any updates on new store openings? Middletown, Southington?

Southington is a dead deal no thanks to the landlord who told ShopRite they would have to pay to fix all the damage to the old Shaw's when the snow and ice collapsed part of building back in 07.

DerangedHermit

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by TheRetroNickFan

no your right about everything they don't care about there stores its one of the worst places i ever worked at i walked out and never looked back  

It's a co-op, so it means each store (or group of stores) are owned by different owners. This is one supermarket chain where results will vary wildly.

Marc82

Part of the new CNBC documentary about Coca Cola was filmed at a Shoprite.

It premiered a few weeks ago and has been repeated several times including twice on this past Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) and once on Friday. For future showings check http://www.cnbc.com/

EddieJ1984

Heres a pic I took a couple weeks ago (nov 23rd to be exact) they were putting up the green treeish tinsel for the holiday season. At the NE Philly shoprite @ frankford & knorr

I reallly think they need to renovate it! it was last renovated somtimes in the mid 90s where it got expanded (cant see the expanded part) I mean just a little old circle logo, it could really use a shoprite wordmark sign imo.
EDIT: heres another pic of the shoprite  from joshaustin610's flickr

MikeRa

Quote from: EddieJ1984 on December 15, 2009, 04:02:16 PM
Heres a pic I took a couple weeks ago (nov 23rd to be exact) they were putting up the green treeish tinsel for the holiday season. At the NE Philly shoprite @ frankford & knorr

I reallly think they need to renovate it! it was last renovated somtimes in the mid 90s where it got expanded (cant see the expanded part) I mean just a little old circle logo, it could really use a shoprite wordmark sign imo.
EDIT: heres another pic of the shoprite  from joshaustin610's flickr

This shop rite was a former Food Fair store
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

EddieJ1984

Was in the thrift store near me, and saw this (didnt buy it, i forget what tape was in it)

Marc82

The Drust Family who owns Shoprite at 533 South Broad Street in Meriden will be opening a new Shoprite in Southington at 750 Queen Street in the former Shaw's Supermarket, which has been vacant since October 2006. There was an article on Page One of Saturday's Meriden-Record Journal, but the article does not appear on the RJ website myrecordjournal.com

Marc82

The Meriden Record-Journal puts out a weekly Souhtington Newspaper called The Southington Citizen. Here's the article about Shoprite coming to Southington.

http://issuu.com/southingtoncitizen/docs/feb._12_2010_southington_citizen/1

http://issuu.com/southingtoncitizen/docs/feb._12_2010_southington_citizen/4

There are zoom buttons to read the article.

Marc82

Quote from: standa on February 16, 2010, 03:35:32 PM
The Meriden, CT Shoprite will move to Wallingford.

www.myrecordjournal.com/latestnews/article_f0f80918-1b21-11df-81de-001cc4c03286.html

You beat me to it. =) I just found out about it. What a burn to the city of Meriden. Now they'll just have 2 Stop & Shops and a Save-a-Lot.

Marc82

A Shoprite Coming Soon banner now appears where the big For Lease banner was on the former Southington Shaw's.

gu4ever

Quote from: Marc B on February 17, 2010, 06:04:52 PM
A Shoprite Coming Soon banner now appears where the big For Lease banner was on the former Southington Shaw's.
I had stopped on my way home from Atlantic City last year to eat at hometown buffet in Southington. I was surprised to see Shaw's had left that location, right off the highway in a pretty nice shopping center?!! Is there heavey competition in the area that made them leave or is it just Shaw's being Shaw's again?
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

Marc82

Hometown Buffet is in Waterbury, not Southington. And Shaw's was at the other end of the plaza from Hometown Buffet right off 84. I'm not sure why they closed. Waterbury has 3 Stop & Shops, a brand news Shoprite (in the old Price chopper also the original Shaw's which had been Edwards), and  a Save-a Lot. They had a C-Town, but that mysteriously burned down a few years ago.

Marc82

After stopping at the Bernie's Going Out of Business Sale in Southington yesterday afternoon I walked down to the other end of the plaza where The Drust Family is renovating the former Shaw's Supermarket into Shoprite and the work has already begun. They've removed the floor tiles, it looks like their in the process of demolishing the customer service desk, and there's other construction materials in the store. Next time I'm in Southington I'm gonna try and snag pictures. All updates will be posted in this thread.