Main Menu

Lechters

Started by Mobil, October 15, 2008, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobil

Lechters Housewares, a kitchen supply store. They all closed in 2001. The company renamed them "Lechters Thinkkitchen" in 2000 with little success. Their house brand products used the name "Cooks Club". They also owned a chain called "Costless Home Store". More recently, it appears that the rights to their logo were sold off! A company by the name of Aero Housewares uses their logo now for cheap plastic containers. :holysh::huh::no::flaming:

Crawford

Wasn't this related to the Kitchens etc type stores that popped up around the late 90's? The only Lechters I remember was in the Emerald Mall. I got one of those big poofy chef's hats in there.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Marc82

Letcher's was in alot of malls. And they had a non-mall store in Bradlee's Plaza in Bristol, CT.

momof3

Letchers was in the Meriden square I think.  I know there was a kitchen store there previously,

Mobil

These are the locations I knew:
Willowbrook Mall, Houston, TX (one of their worst stores actually)
Woodlands Mall, The Woodlands, TX
Springfield Mall, Springfield, PA
Granite Run Mall, Middletown, PA
West Goshen Shopping Center, West Chester, PA: This was the only one I knew not in a mall. I actually have a pylon sign from that store, that I got with permission, in 2002! :bouncing::yup:

The Costless stores were not in malls. There was one in Clifton Heights, PA and Downingtown, PA.

kendra

There was a Lechters at the Bangor (Maine) Mall, I believe, next door to where Payless Shoe Source is.

Mobil