Ideas for vacant stores

Started by standa, October 06, 2008, 10:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

standa

Do you have any ideas for this vacant Sears Hardware store in Hamden, CT?  It closed several years ago and is about 22,000 square feet.  I think something like Border's, Barnes & Noble or Ocean State Job Lot would be good in this space.

Photo is from vision appraisal.

NJxxJon

I roller rink. or ..........movie theather.
JN

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Gold's Gym, Costco, Toys "R Us

GothicPrincess

Bring back Bradlees. Make it huge. A big slap in the face for Wal-mart...hahaha sorry. I miss Bradlees...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
Bring back Bradlees. Make it huge. A big slap in the face for Wal-mart...hahaha sorry. I miss Bradlees...
The space is too small for Bradlees.

GothicPrincess

it could be the size of a postage stamp and I'd still want to go there lol That's just how I am. depending on the parking lot, could always extend the side a bit..?

Add another 60,000 square feet onto it, paint it tan and brown, and open a ShopKo store inside of it. ShopKo is one of only a handful of regional discounters left, and ShopKo just happens to be the largest and strongest of them all. Shopko is reminiscent of all the past regionals, such as Ames, Hills, Jamesway, Zayre, and Bradlees.

GothicPrincess

I honestly had never even heard of ShopKo until I found this board. I don't have any here. I'm in west PA, and all we have is K-mart and Wal-Mart

wwefan101

lol kmart and walmarts are the only thing around me to manbye a target or 2 but mostley walmarts

Pikapower

Perhaps a Babies "R" Us, Petco, Dollar Tree/General, Big Lots, Fashion Bug, a furniture store
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

jason83080

I'm sure it's been filled already, but the first thing that sprang to mind was subdividing it into a Five Below (they need around 7500sf for a store) and something else. Maybe a Goodwill/Salvation Army store and a Five Guys?

standa

It has been filled with Lakeshore Learning, Petco and Aspen Dental

How about a Big Lots or TJ Maxx or Ross?