M&T Bank

Started by Everything Community, September 16, 2022, 01:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything Community

M&T Bank Corporation (Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company) is an American bank holding company headquartered in Buffalo, New York. It operates 780 branches in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.

On February 22, 2021, M&T Bank announced an agreement to acquire People's United Bank in an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $7.6 billion. The acquisition was completed on April 2, 2022.

Here's a pic of the M&T Bank branch in Vernon, CT (Lafayette Ave. location) that had been occupied by three banks over the years including Rockville Bank, United Bank and most recently Peoples United Bank.You cannot see attachments on this board.

TheFugitive

I am now getting regular emails warning me of an unauthorized transaction on my M&T Bank account.  The emails contain a link that says to follow for further info.

Only problem is, I don't have an account with M&T Bank.

Nice try, guys!

Brammy

The merger between People's United Bank and &T Bank was completed September 6th.

My Mom had been a People's United customer for around 12 years. She could not access her account online after the merger. She went to 4 different M&T Branches and kept getting the runaround. - 117 East Street Plainville, 1 Center Street Southington, 505 North Main Street (inside Stop & Shop) Southington, and 597 Farmington Ave (inside Stop & Shop) Bristol.

She gave up on them. She opened up new accounts at American Eagle Federal Credit Union. Now that all transactions she had set up with M&T have been cleared she went ahead and fired them for good last week. A woman at the branch inside the Stop & Shop in Southington gave her attitude for closing out her accounts.

As for myself I had no trouble with M&T at first when the merger was completed. Then on September 29th I got direct deposit of my paycheck from Walmart. I paid some bills and then I went to buy some Uber Cash. (I use Uber to get home from work). It would only let me buy  $25 worth. I need around $150 every two weeks. After being denied twice I had to pay for my Uber Cash with one of my regular credit cards, which kind of sucks because I'm trying to pay them down. Then a few days later tried to buy a $16 Amtrak ticket. The payment with my M&T Card and it was declined. I've have since mace purchases at Walmart, Stop & Shop, and ShopRite with my M&T card and have had no problem. Plus a few DoorDash orders. All was good until tonight. I now I have enough monwy in my account, but M&T declined payment for my DoorDash order tonight, so again I had to use one of my regular credit cards.

I'm getting ready to cancel my M&T Bank account as well. I already applied for and was approved for an account with locally owned Thomaston Savings Bank. I'm still waiting for my debit card from them and receive account information from them. So unfortunately my next paycheck on Thursday will still be direct deposited into my M&T account.
The Real Brammy