Main Menu

Ames upstate

Started by DoubleC83, September 23, 2008, 02:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleC83

Here's a lil update on some stores in upstate NY.  Catskill Ames building has been torn down in addition to the surrounding wooded area and built a Super Wal-Mart and a Lowes.  I worked at this location for 2 1/2 years and used to drive in the vacated lot every once in a while and ponder my life...such a shame.

Hudson Ames has turned into a Peebles, which is a discount clothing store.  I went to this location a few times and it was always a mess.  I remember one of my managers from Catskill got transferred to Hudson and he was devastated even though it was like 20 minutes closer to his house.

The Poughkeepsie Ames is actually still in tact and I saw it earlier this spring...here is a pic I managed to turn up...

NJxxJon

Welcome to our boards...and for posting a photo....the backs of old ames still have logos on doors.......so take a look at the others when you get a chance.....
JN

C. Fontaine

Nice picture!  I'll add this to our Hyde Park gallery.  We have earlier pictures of this Ames with a bit more of the green sign still attached, shame to see it's just falling off!

beachgal26

Thanks for the pic!  How funny to see that it looks in such good shape except for the graffiti and the falling sign.

:yup: