Chuck E. Cheese's

Started by HoJofan206, April 07, 2005, 02:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

I just drove past our Chuck E. Cheese's (formerly Showbiz Pizza Place in the 1980's) and noticed they were taking the signage down off of the building.  After being located in the, then brand new, Eastland Place shopping center since 1982 they are gone.  Kinda sad, I remember many birthday parties while watching those mechanical animals "sing and dance".
I noticed the location in Owensboro had gone out of business several years ago.  I don't think we can find a way to blame Wal-Mart on this one......(but I will try!) :P

thedisneystore967

take a picture: i would looooooooooove to see it

AmesNewington

There's still a Chuck E Cheese in Newington, CT. I had and went to many birthday parties in that place. It was a cool place. It's in the JoAnn Plaza next to where KB Toy Works used to be and Modell's is coming in.

HoJofan206

The Evansville Chuck E Cheese was located in a strip center called Eastland Place.  The building itself is just a boring old Mansard style center with no windows in the Chuck E Cheese
building.  Just the front double doors so not really that much to look at in the means of a picture.  But I know what you mean about seeing older chain restaurant buildings either abondoned or being re-used and seeing what they look like.
Unfortunately, this building is just very very boring looking, even when it was open.

d_fife

this chuck e cheese is in South portland and it opened a few years ago and was Filene's basement.

Crawford

I worked for one summer in the Warwick RI Chuck E Cheese's as I was seriously short of funds. I wore the mouse suit and let me tell you, it was not fun. It is hot, sweaty and smelly. Teenagers laugh at you, adults insult you and little kids kick you. The pizza is horrible and the prizes for Skee-ball and other games are junk. The money spent winning the tickets could buy better merchandise at Toys r Us. People do not bring your kids here unless you want to scar them for life. More war stories if I am asked nicely. :bum:
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

d_fife

the one in waterbury CT and it is the east of rainbow.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the one in waterbury CT and it is the east of rainbow.

sign of the one in waterbury ct

d_fife

chuck e cheese in newington CT

Caldor1999

as a kid i never liked them i always liekd discovery zone better
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

here's the Poughkeepsie location, in front of South Hills Mall.

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

d_fife

in manchester CT near the old ames / caldor and 1/2 mile south of toys r us.

d_fife

in meriden ct on the wallingford line

d_fife

HoJofan206

d_fife

these pictures were digitized and taken

1. top right picture - my dad took this picture during my brothers 6th birthday party in 1984. this chuck e cheese is in manchester nh near kmart. I credit my dad douglas fife for this picture.

2. below picture - chuck e cheese in manchester nh next to kmart. I took this picture in 2000.

d_fife

the one in parma oh (not far from cleveland) in parmatown mall

Mobil

The former Showbiz in Wilmington, DE was a former A&P. Part of the A&P is now Chuck E. Cheese's, the rest is now Dollar Tree.

MikeRa

There are two Chuck E Cheese Pizza places near me.  The first one is on Roosevelt Boulevard, between Grant Avenue and Werlsh Road, in Philadelphia,PA.  It is in the basement of Northeast Shopping Center, in what used to be E. J. Korvette's Department Store.  The other is on Lincoln Highway (at Country Club/Langhorne Square Shopping Center), in Langhorne, PA, in a building that was built on the site of the former Fox Levittown/Eric i-95 Twin Theatre.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

There was one in Southignton for a brief time in the 80s. It later became part of Bernie's and remains vacant after the demise of Bernie's two and half years ago.

JimSawhill

There is a Chuck E Cheese next to the Brandon, FL KMart (it used to be a Big Star Supermarket in the 70s).

jason83080

Quote from: d_fife on December 17, 2006, 01:35:40 PM
the one in parma oh (not far from cleveland) in parmatown mall

That used to be Children's Palace, and was a Discovery Zone after that. When DZ closed, Chuck E moved in.

Bdubs

Looks like they are going through some tough times and are trying to liven it up a little with an updated image of the mouse:  http://nrn.com/article/chuck-e-cheeses-fights-sales-slump-mascot-makeover

There is still one in New London, CT off I-95.  As far as I know, it was built as a Chuck E. Cheeses, it is in its own free standing building.

TRU7536

Quote from: Bdubs on July 08, 2012, 11:38:10 AM
Looks like they are going through some tough times and are trying to liven it up a little with an updated image of the mouse:  http://nrn.com/article/chuck-e-cheeses-fights-sales-slump-mascot-makeover

There is still one in New London, CT off I-95.  As far as I know, it was built as a Chuck E. Cheeses, it is in its own free standing building.

I think its the end for this company.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRU7536 on July 08, 2012, 12:33:53 PM
Quote from: Bdubs on July 08, 2012, 11:38:10 AM

I think its the end for this company.

Why would you say that?

Pikapower

I went by the Amherst, NY Chuck E. Cheese's and saw no sign on the building, but it was still listed in the plaza's sign, so i'm wondering if it's closed as in forever closed or remolding closed? (I saw some big dumpsters in the plaza's parking lot)

When they remodel a Chuck E. Cheese's do they usually replace the sign with a newer sign?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

TRU7536

Quote from: Pikapower on June 26, 2013, 03:42:08 PM
I went by the Amherst, NY Chuck E. Cheese's and saw no sign on the building, but it was still listed in the plaza's sign, so i'm wondering if it's closed as in forever closed or remolding closed? (I saw some big dumpsters in the plaza's parking lot)

When they remodel a Chuck E. Cheese's do they usually replace the sign with a newer sign?

I think when they remodel. They just close off certain sections and not the whole store. Also, they would have a sign about remodeling reopening soon.

Pikapower

I've notice some signs in the windows with the CEC logo, but didn't get a closer view of them! :(

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Pikapower

Here's are some photo of what the Amherst, NY CEC looked like before it got "remodeled"