Jack in the Box

Started by videogamer75, August 28, 2008, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogamer75

Didn't see a topic for this chain so here it is. Anyone ate there before? They're primarily a west coast chain, but they do have restaurants scattered around in the east and midwest, including North Carolina.

Crawford

There used to be one of these in Warwick RI but it closed years ago and was made into a Taco Bell type of restaurant called "The Taco Maker" I had chartered a flight with some friends to Atlantic City, we got back late due to bad weather and were starving. It was the first eats we saw after leaving the airport and decided to stop

I never saw such a filthy business in my life and haven't since. The place made Barth's Burgery look like a 5 star gourmet restaurant. Food all over the floor, the place stunk like a cesspool and the horror that was in the men's bathroom. Didn't even bother to place an order. The staff clearly didn't care. I think the building has since been demolished and a gas station put up.

To this day, I can't eat in a Taco Bell or any Mexican restaurant.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
There used to be one of these in Warwick RI but it closed years ago and was made into a Taco Bell type of restaurant called "The Taco Maker" I had chartered a flight with some friends to Atlantic City, we got back late due to bad weather and were starving. It was the first eats we saw after leaving the airport and decided to stop

I never saw such a filthy business in my life and haven't since. The place made Barth's Burgery look like a 5 star gourmet restaurant. Food all over the floor, the place stunk like a cesspool and the horror that was in the men's bathroom. Didn't even bother to place an order. The staff clearly didn't care. I think the building has since been demolished and a gas station put up.

They re-did (in the past year )  Our Taco Bell and KFC ....(owned by the same company) ...I personally hate knock-off little chains.....they
JN

videogamer75

Really? Did you ever eat there when it was a Jack in the Box?

Nice YCDTOTV reference :)

Crawford

I had an aunt who lived nearby so we did eat there on occasion. Bear in  mind I was rather young so I don't remember how good the food was, but I do remember prefering the Burger Chef that was down the street.

Wasn't there a salmonella outbreak in these restaurants a few years back?
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

store215

I ate at one many years back while in California (they are everywhere on the West Coast, although they do have scattered pockets of locations in the east as well). Food was good, but wasn't anything special and was more focused on drive-thru/take out than having a full dining room.

Neel

looks like they just changed their logo. what's with everyone changing their logo lately? better for marketing? i think it would be expensive to do that.

I always thought Jack In The Box was a big national chain like Wendy's and McDonalds but looks like they are not in all the states. They do have the funniest and most clever TV ads.

http://www.jackinthebox.com/corporate/images/global/logo.gif

nims57

What was all over the floor? :barf:

Crawford

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57

What was all over the floor? :barf:

You really want to know?

Ameskid

There was you really want to know all over the floor?
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Hudsons81

A forum where there a thread on Jack in the Box hasn't been replied to in nearly six years is a sure sign that it's full of East Coasters!

Here's one of two JITBs that once existed in Southgate, Michigan, circa 1976. This one, at Fort Street and Pennsylvania, was later Tubby's Subs and then served as a series of cell phone stores as recently as 2014. It is currently vacant. Picture courtesy of the Downriver Things Flickr page.

Hudsons81

The other former Jack in the Box in Southgate, MI just became JoA Sushi. Both JITBs opened in 1970. This one is at Allen and Goddard, the far northwest corner of the city.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2015/11/16/news/doc5649f56602bd5647644698.txt

busman_49

Ohio has two of them in the Cincinnati area.  The one in Cincinnati opened in 2012 and there is one in West Chester, on the north side of the city, that opened in 2013.

JimSawhill

In the 70s in Bartow, Fl, there was a Jack In The Box...it was across the street from a W.T. Grant, and nearby was a Royal Castle...