Wendy's

Started by tokensafari, January 09, 2005, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawford

Is this restaurant going out of business or something? The one in East Providence RI closed this week without any warning. Place was always busy despite the usual clutter of McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell around it.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Kmart4life

We love Arby's too their Beef N Chedder is really good . Wendy's around here has taken a turn for the worse because burger King is taking over some of our Wendy's.:bounce::

Marc82

I got an email from a friend of mine that says select Wendy's now have a breakfast menu. Is this true? And if it is true, why can't I find anything on their website about it?

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
I got an email from a friend of mine that says select Wendy's now have a breakfast menu. Is this true? And if it is true, why can't I find anything on their website about it?

From http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/wendys-inks-folgers-coffee-deal/story.aspx?guid=%7B2860BA96-1525-4A26-9771-2C1DEF94EDF1%7D:

Wendy's on Friday (may 15) said it has inked a deal with Procter & Gamble to sell a custom blend of Folger's coffee, part of the fast-food operator's push to expand its breakfast offerings.

Earlier in the year, Wendy's cited the expansion of its breakfast program as one of the moves underpinning its expectation for a boost in its profit his year and beyond

mikey7290

I just read in tonight's newspaper that the Wendy's at 860 Arsenal Street in Watertown, NY has closed down permanently this week.  Talks about extending the restaurant's lease have failed.  The buildng's owner says that he plans to lease the property to another fast-food chain, while the man who owns the Wendy's franchise that was located there since 1986, says he will build a new Wendy's in another location in Watertown.

GothicPrincess

Greensburg, PA. We have, in one location, McDonalds (inside Wal-mart), Arbys, Steak N Shake, Red Robin, Panera Bread, and Starbucks. Down the street is another McDonalds, (older location by Sam's Club), and Taco Bell, and near the mall on the other side of town is a Wendy's/Dunkin Donuts, across the highway is Boston Market, Red Lobster, Ground Round, a CLOSED Denny's, and a CLOSED McDonalds that was turned into a real-estate building (I believe). We got it all lol...On the Interstate 80 we have Roy Rogers and Bob's Big Boy. I'm not going to mention the hundreds of pizza shops in this town alone. although the Pizza Hut across the road from Sam's Club was sold out and closed down. Pretty sad, I went there all the time.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

david121

QuoteOriginally posted by mikey7290
I just read in tonight's newspaper that the Wendy's at 860 Arsenal Street in Watertown, NY has closed down permanently this week.  Talks about extending the restaurant's lease have failed.  The buildng's owner says that he plans to lease the property to another fast-food chain, while the man who owns the Wendy's franchise that was located there since 1986, says he will build a new Wendy's in another location in Watertown.

Thank god, it was a major traffic hassle. Plus they'll no longer need to rotate workers between the stores. I'd go to that one while I was in college, and I'd see the workers at that store one day, and at the one in the mall the other. Isn't that illegal or something?

I wish I could have met the franchise owner - he was on the news, because the service at the Wendy's restaurants in Watertown are awful.

NJxxJon

Some............times I just feel like getting a burger @ Rt 206 in bordentown at 3 am.......:cool: Just in that mood......
JN

Zayre88

The topic title was right: Arby's, Wendy's ...

QuoteWendy's chain bought for $2.3bn

Burger chain Wendy's is to be bought by Triarc, the parent firm of Arby's restaurants for $2.34bn   The news came after Wendy's saw a 72% fall in first quarter profits to $4.14m from $14.7m a year earlier. Wendy's said the deal would help to cut costs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7365500.stm

FearlessSwan

Largo, FL. I've lived in this town four years and I used to work right next door, but I have yet to eat in this location.

rjstheiv

Zayre88

Did someone noticed that Wendy's changed their parking signs at some locations: from the small red-white-yellow signs to larger red signs with a full Wendy's logo ?

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Did someone noticed that Wendy's changed their parking signs at some locations: from the small red-white-yellow signs to larger red signs with a full Wendy's logo ?

Not here in NJ yet.....a few need to be cleaned and new drive thru screens....
JN

Zayre88

We all know that Arby's merged with Wendy's in 2008.  I tried something just for fun, transform the Arby's logo with the Wendy's style! ;)

wwefan101

ihope that wendys and abrys  being part of the same compney wendys keeps coke

Mervyns

I noticed that almost all Wendy's have changed their signs from white to red. One of our area Wendy's, that opened in 1992, had the red in at least 2002. I wonder if it was remodeled around that time. The other Wendy's in the area seem very old and dilapidated and had the white logo until recently. I wonder if Wendy's used the same building design from around 1984-1992, but changed the logo to red in the early 90's for new stores?

TRJ22487

I'm not sure if it's been brought up in this thread, but did anyone elses Wendy's used to have a salad bar?

The one in Keene, NH did up until the late 90's. That salad bar is now legendary amongst longtime residents of the town who remember how absolutely AWFUL and gross it was. I definitely remember the pudding. *shudders*

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by TRJ22487
I'm not sure if it's been brought up in this thread, but did anyone elses Wendy's used to have a salad bar?

The one in Keene, NH did up until the late 90's. That salad bar is now legendary amongst longtime residents of the town who remember how absolutely AWFUL and gross it was. I definitely remember the pudding. *shudders*

i remember the salid bars they had one at the wendys by my old school they took it out around 2000 from what i remeber it was pretty clean but not the best saild bar in the world what i do remember is the Pitas they had back in the late 90's they came out in 1997 they had them till i wanna say 2000 i wish  they dident disscontinue them they were sooo good anyone remember them
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

momof3

I remember the Southington Queen St Wendys had a salad bar, it was actually very good, i loved the french dressing they had.  

BTW, The new Wendys fish sandwich is very good too, tried it the other day.

videogamer75

Former Wendy's in Berlin, NJ. Now New Chinatown.

videogamer75

Wendy's might be buying Hardee's and Carl's Jr:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/where_the_beef_HgCjrIVk4mwGFK5dXMkfJM

Really, what's the point? Doesn't Wendy's already have stores across the nation? There will probably be lots of overlap with towns that have both franchises, if they decide to buy the company.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

This Wendy's in Springfield, Illinois used to be a Burger King:

Zayre88

Vacant Wendy's in Portsmouth NH:

d_fife

Quote from: Zayre88 on July 16, 2010, 08:54:53 AM

when did the Wendy's close?

Zayre88

Quote from: d_fife on July 17, 2010, 01:06:07 AM

when did the Wendy's close?

It was 2 or 3 years ago maybe more.  It's been sitting vacant for a long time.  Meanwhile the adjacent plaza has been renovated.

CTAmeshopper

We used to have a Wendy's near Kmart where CVS is today. I'm guessing it opened either in the 70's or 80's
sometime in the mid 90's it closed and we were left with no Wendy's until around 2005 they opened a Wendy's on East Main Street. The old one was old it was styled more like a restaurant than a fast food place it was dark inside and there was light brown wallpaper inside and a curved windowed room that faced the connecting street.

That EXACTLY what the old Wendy's in Torrington looked like! Right down to the open glass cased atrium I'm guessing that store opened in the 80's or 70's.

CTAmeshopper

read previous post

Zayre88

Another classic Wendy's  (in Bangor ME):

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: retailisking on August 25, 2011, 05:47:26 PM
New Wendy's prototype in Dublin, OH.

Wow! Definitely the coolest Wendy's restaurant I've ever seen.

ynkeesfn82

Now if only they'd improve the service.  ::)