Ruby Tuesday

Started by Caldor1999, May 26, 2005, 06:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieJ1984

The Ruby Tuesdays at Philadelphia Mills (formely Franklin Mills), closed 2 weeks ago it seems.
From a friend on fb "They told their workers in the middle of the day to stop what they were doing and clock out because they couldn't pay them for the rest of the day. One of the security guards told us"

Geez.....and they already removed all signs and such.

giantsfan2016

I guess I missed the memo that Ruby Tuesday on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington, CT closed. I was surprised to see an ad for a "restaurant equipment auction" on the Bristol Press's website. When I clicked it it showed they had one at Newington Ruby Tuesday Saturday January 21st.

Bdubs

Quote from: Marc B on January 22, 2017, 10:49:55 PM
I guess I missed the memo that Ruby Tuesday on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington, CT closed. I was surprised to see an ad for a "restaurant equipment auction" on the Bristol Press's website. When I clicked it it showed they had one at Newington Ruby Tuesday Saturday January 21st.

We were just at Lowe's today, and there were people loading uhauls with equipment from the restaurant, I figured they auctioned what they could out of there. So many choices on the Berlin Turnpike, I don't think it'll be missed.

AmesNewington

Quote from: Bdubs on January 23, 2017, 09:53:27 PM
Quote from: Marc B on January 22, 2017, 10:49:55 PM

We were just at Lowe's today, and there were people loading uhauls with equipment from the restaurant, I figured they auctioned what they could out of there. So many choices on the Berlin Turnpike, I don't think it'll be missed.

The Newington Ruby Tuesday is rumored to become a Chick-Fil-A.

retailisking

Quote from: AmesNewington on January 24, 2017, 04:26:12 AM
The Newington Ruby Tuesday is rumored to become a Chick-Fil-A.
How many conversions are out there? The first Chick-Fil-A in my state was a new build.

AmesNewington

Ruby Tuesday in the Westfarms Mall/Farmington, CT has suddenly closed.

Chuck E. Cheese

I wonder if they are restructuring. Enfield (Enfield Square) and Newington (Berlin Turnpike) closed earlier this year..

mjb1124

In New Jersey, the East Brunswick (Brunswick Square Mall) location became Bar Louie, and now the Woodbridge location is following suit.

JJBers

This Ruby Tuesday's is located in the parking lot of Walmart in North Windham, CT:
The road sign:

Walmart (North Windham, CT) by JJBers, on Flickr
The building itself:

Wendy's (North Windham, CT) by JJBers, on Flickr
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

nysw3636

Ruby Tuesday in Fishkill, NY abruptly closed today....

Bdubs

Quote from: JJBers on October 31, 2017, 04:00:12 PM
This Ruby Tuesday's is located in the parking lot of Walmart in North Windham, CT:
The road sign:

Walmart (North Windham, CT) by JJBers, on Flickr
The building itself:

Wendy's (North Windham, CT) by JJBers, on Flickr
This Ruby Tuesday closed in the fall.

Zayre88

Ruby Tuesday closed several locations in Maine and NH in the past few years: Biddeford, South Portland, Bangor, Concord, Nashua, Newington. With the recent closing of Concord, they're completely gone from NH.

retailisking

Quote from: Zayre88 on May 07, 2019, 06:54:36 PM
Ruby Tuesday closed several locations in Maine and NH in the past few years: Biddeford, South Portland, Bangor, Concord, Nashua, Newington. With the recent closing of Concord, they're completely gone from NH.

RT has also cut hours at all but the Topsham and Presque Isle locations in Maine; they now close at 9PM Sunday-Thursday and 10PM Friday-Saturday. Not a good sign. I had hoped that the ownership change would result in a turnaround; it now appears that they're doomed. RTs are closing left and right all over the country.

TheFugitive

The location in Somerset, PA is still open, at least as of last Sunday.

retailisking

Quote from: TheFugitive on May 10, 2019, 10:22:40 AM
The location in Somerset, PA is still open, at least as of last Sunday.

It won't be long before we're reduced to posting surviving RT sightings, rather like surviving Bonanza/Ponderosa sightings.

retailisking

Ruby Tuesday in Westbrook and Topsham, Maine have closed. Not sure if this is the first in a wave of new closures or not. Both were corporate-owned. In its last few days, Westbrook was reduced to take-out only from 12PM to 6PM.

BillyGr

Quote from: retailisking on March 24, 2020, 08:07:27 PM
Ruby Tuesday in Westbrook and Topsham, Maine have closed. Not sure if this is the first in a wave of new closures or not. Both were corporate-owned. In its last few days, Westbrook was reduced to take-out only from 12PM to 6PM.

Is there any certainty that this is a permanent (rather than just temporary) closing?  With everything going on, there have been many places that have done the same (first trying the take out only, then deciding that wasn't doing well enough to keep going and just deciding to close until rules go back to a more normal setting).

buzz86us

I like Ruby Tuesday for their salad bar, but they aren't in any convenient locations relative to my own

Bdubs

This Monday April 30th the Waterford Ct location has permanently closed. I was told they closed 5 of them this week, most in Mass. All equipment of the 4 closed restaurants will be stored in the closed Waterford location, because Ruby’s owns that building. So I suspect that location will be empty for a while.