Friendly's

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 02:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amesman

Talk about Friendly's here! I work at the Kingston, New York mall location as a fountain person.

Anonymous

lets see there still around but ive seen a few close

still alive
rte 21
center st
ludlow.ma

rte 20
boston rd
springfield.ma

not anymore:
rte 33
memorial dr
chicopee.ma :no::(

amesman

none of them have closed anywhere around where I live, except for a couple in Albany.

store215

None have open or closed in the Philly burbs. I like their food, their menu selection is good and their prices are average. They do seem to have a problem with keeping things clean, everything looks dark and dirty in several resturants I have been to

amesman

The one on Washington Avenue in Kingston is like that. Eww heh

;)

Caldor1999

the one near me is still open they closed manny mall locations
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

HoJofan206

Arent most "Friendly's" located in former HoJo restaurant buildings?

amesman

yes, some are. The one in Horseheads, NY used to be a HOJO's, as well as the one in Burlington, VT. There are many others as well, but, I can't tell you the locations off the top of my head...

HoJofan206

Friendly's sponsored the #37 Nascar team back in 2003.

Caldor1999

lol there good but the people who work at my Frindleys are ugley looking one watriss had a bugger haing out of he nose lol luckey it sayed on there and dident drop in my food lol and i got a milk shake from there and some dumb blond girl
 put sour milk in it and when i use to go there they were always playing annie lennoxs walking on broken glass lol witch remindes me my ant ate there one time and she got a sunday and there was glass in it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

C. Fontaine

The Friendl'y in Webster, MA just sucks.  Literally, every time I have gone there, something in my order is messed up.  I went there for lunch today, I never got a side salad but was charged, and my vanilla milk shake was not even mixed...  Most of the ice cream was still clumped in the bottom of the shaker.

HoJofan206

Friendly's will probably end up going the way of Howard Johnson's in the near future if they do not change things.

Zayre88

On my last visit in Lewiston ME, it took close to 10 minutes to get the breakfast menu, then we waited about 20 minutes after ordering to get our orders.  Eggs, toasts, homefries, simple things to cook... The restaurant was half full :mad:

The food was good, but the service really bad, and there was an ice cream machine or something blowing air at out back...

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
yes, some are. The one in Horseheads, NY used to be a HOJO's, as well as the one in Burlington, VT. There are many others as well, but, I can't tell you the locations off the top of my head...

Here's the Friendly's in Augusta ME, near Kmart plaza.  A former Hojo !

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Friendly's will probably end up going the way of Howard Johnson's in the near future if they do not change things.

there the only to chains that are dyeing now which is very sad to me:hurt::(:(:(:(:no::no::no:hears a closed down friendly's its been sitting there since 2001:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

one last shot:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

sad pics huh :(:(:(:(:( i dont want them of Ho Jo's becomeing a chain of dyeing restrunts:(:(:no::no::no::no::no::no::hurt:
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Well my family and I made Plainville Friendly's history!

sort of....

My parents and I ordered a new thing called a "crowd pleaser" I think it was 12 scoops of ice cream

yum!

WE GUESS WHAT!

WE WERE THE FIRST ONES TO ORDER THAT IN THAT RESTUARANT

WE WERE THE FIRST CUSTOMERS TO ORDER THAT new 12 scoop ice cream thing

I belive if you check the website it'll tell the name of it I forgot what it was called lol:insane:

HoJofan206

cool pics of the old Friendly's.  Looks like an old colonial style HoJo building.

Rayco7030

a former bickford's is now gonna be a friendly's on cooley st springfield mass
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
cool pics of the old Friendly's.  Looks like an old colonial style HoJo building.

i dont think it was a hojo's
Caldor Forever!

amesman

Many Friendly's restaurants have copied Hojo's design with the dormers, and cupola, etc. Just another reason why Howard Johnson's was the pioneer of the hospitality industry. Without Hojo's, there would be no Friendly's, Denny's, McDonalds, etc.

BillyGr

This is a former Friendly's in Pittsfield MA (on Elm Street) - don't know anything about it just happened to drive by while doing some of these other photos in the area

Note as an identifier that the sign (on the far right & hard to read) has been painted black and the word CLOSED under it just as in the photo by Caldor 1999 above

Caldor1999

a friendleys high way sign
Caldor Forever!

thedisneystore967

they had one by me in gathiersburg maryland, my aunt karen took me and her baby-sitting client at that time to it. I don't remember anything cuz i was 5 years old at the time.... so i drive by there the next day & ...

IT'S CLOSED!!!!

the drive through signs were still there and you could see the faint Friendly's Labelscar, but it was closed for sure...
it sat there until 2003 when it was demolished for a frickin Eckerd:flaming: (for god's sake's we have about 3 billion CVS' in this area already!!)

LazarusFan

Columbus used to have some Friendly's restaurants.  My Dad worked at one of those restaurants when he was in college.  There's still a few holdouts in Ohio.

I went to two Friendly's restaurants on my Mid-Atlantic trip in 2002.  Their ice cream is very good.  They used to sell some ice cream at my now long gone Big Bear.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
storehistoryguy I've found the thread for Friendly's its here!

BTW anyone remember Friendly's pizza?

Friendly's Pizza!? Say what!?:rolleyes:

LazarusFan

Since when did Friendly's have stores in the Mrytle Beach area?:huh:

d_fife

Friendly's closed a lot of them in NAshua: It closed on Amherst st (it is now a BAnk and it was near TAco Bell), in the PHesant LAne MAll, in the NAshua MAll and the one in Merrimack that was on the townline of NAshua. THE Only Friendly's left is on DW HWy near WEndy's.