Staples

Started by BillyGr, June 17, 2005, 10:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the staples in ramsey nj

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137886729&subNum=50205000044

I'm betting that that store was a former Rickel. It looks exactly like my nearest (now-closed) Staples that was a Rickel Hardware

d_fife

here is staples in pembroke mass in the north river plaza

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/12/

d_fife

BillyGr

This is the Hudson (Greenport) Staples, located in a portion of the former Jamesway.

BillyGr

First shot is the Poughkeepsie location - built as part of a plaza on an old automotive factory site (from WAAAAAAYYY back) on Route 9 across from Marist.  The rest of the plaza was built new, but this building may (or may not) have been - there is quite a bit of building to the right (blank white wall) which has no seeming use (no more stores).  Also the Staples is separated from the rest of the plaza (to the left, which is built connected).

2nd shot is the Bennington store - this was an old grocery (I believe), but I don't know what it was - not Grand Union or Price Chopper (know where those were).  Located at the corner of Route 7 & Kocher Drive (where Rt 7 becomes a freeway style road).

Last photo is the store in Kingston - a former Waldbaum's (I have heard) - on Route 9W across from the Hudson Valley Mall and WalMart.

BillyGr

This is the Staples in Pittsfield (MA) on Route 8 - this plaza was built about 8 years ago +/- and the store is built to match the plaza decor - and is different from the usual Staples design.

d_fife

here is the staples in rockland maine where ames was and opened like fall 03 or 04.

d_fife

staples in south portland maine in the jetport plaza and it opened early 1992.

d_fife

back of staples in south portland

d_fife

back of staples in south portland

sign of south portland

d_fife

staples in biddeford maine in the recently renovated 5 points shopping center, as of july 2, 2006. it used to be rich's and replaced rich's in june 1997.

d_fife

staples in biddeford maine in the recently renovated 5 points shopping center, as of july 2, 2006. it used to be rich's and replaced rich's in june 1997.

staples biddeford.

d_fife

staples tilton nh in shaw's plaza

d_fife

staples tilton nh in shaw's plaza

side of staples in tilton

Marc82

Staples opened in Bristol, Connecticut around 1998. Previously it was a popular video arcade called Scooter's (shut down becuase they didn't pay their taxes) and before that it was a grocery store called Ferraro's which has since opened a new store in New Haven or North Haven. Not long after this Staples opened, someone painted a Swastica on the back door to their loading dock area and they never painted over it. :o

The one in Waterbury recently moved to the new Shopping center built on the site of the former Naugatuck Valley Mall.  If I recall their former location across the street up the road a little bit was also home to Barnes & Noble and Caldor. The Barnes & Noble closed first. They moved to the Brass Mill Commons in 1996. (The Brass Mill Commons was a plaza built at the same time they built the Brass Mill Mall). Caldor then closed. So for years it was just Staples attached to the empty Barnes & Noble. And a vacant Caldor that wasn't attached to anything. Caldor is now a gigantic Bernies and their former location in KMART Plaza is now Modell's Sporting Goods.

Off topic. Bernies is responsible for a fire that destroyed most of the KMART Plaza in the late 90s. They had some kind of old skool sign that short circutied and destroyed the plaza. When I went  to that KMART in 2002 they were the only thing open in the plaza besides Bernies. By late 2003 the plaza was rebuilt including the famous Pie Plate Restaurant. In 2004 Pie Plate bought the former Friendly's on Route 229 in Bristol and opened Luiza's Diner. They sold their Pie Plate restaurant to Friendlys.

d_fife

staples in vernon CT in the major plaza with price chopper.

d_fife

here is the staples in glastonbury CT nera the east hartford line.

d_fife

staples in newington ct

d_fife

here is the staples in west hartford ct on rt. 44

d_fife

here is the staples in avon / simsbury ct

d_fife

staples in bristol CT

d_fife

staples in bristol CT

bristol ct

d_fife

here is the staples in southington ct and it looks like an older one

d_fife

here is the staples in southington ct

d_fife

here is the staples in southington ct

staples sign southington

d_fife

here is the staples in waterbury CT in the old mall plaza.

d_fife

here is the staples in waterbury CT in the old mall plaza.

waterbury ct one