Suppliers halting shipments to Boscov\'s

Started by ameskmart1, July 25, 2008, 04:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameskmart1

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- About half the major suppliers to Boscov's, a family-held Reading, Pa.-based department store with stores across the mid-Atlantic, have halted merchandise shipments for lack of payments, The New York Post reported Friday, citing unnamed sources. In addition, big commercial lenders including CIT, GMAC and Milberg have stopped guaranteeing deliveries to Boscov's stores, the report added. Sources say Boscov's management is still looking for alternatives to a bankruptcy filing, including the closing of up to 10 money-losing stores, and the family that runs the store injected $28 million into it three weeks ago.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/suppliers-halting-shipments-boscovs-report/story.aspx?guid={A0E19F2F-4201-408A-808A-A3E55C3C72D7}&dist=msr_1
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- About half the major suppliers to Boscov's, a family-held Reading, Pa.-based department store with stores across the mid-Atlantic, have halted merchandise shipments for lack of payments, The New York Post reported Friday, citing unnamed sources. In addition, big commercial lenders including CIT, GMAC and Milberg have stopped guaranteeing deliveries to Boscov's stores, the report added. Sources say Boscov's management is still looking for alternatives to a bankruptcy filing, including the closing of up to 10 money-losing stores, and the family that runs the store injected $28 million into it three weeks ago.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/suppliers-halting-shipments-boscovs-report/story.aspx?guid={A0E19F2F-4201-408A-808A-A3E55C3C72D7}&dist=msr_1

OH no!!! that is sad! I saw one under construction in Hanover PA last March and   I REALLY LOVED THE BIG ONE IN BINGHAMTON (IN DOWNTOWN).

videogamer75

Oh man, I hope they don't G.O.B. They are an anchor in a lot of PA and NJ malls.