If you could franchise a restaurant

Started by videogamer75, July 14, 2008, 02:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could franchise a restaurant....

Total Members Voted: 0

bubcolbert1952

There's an IHOP in Durham, NC that still has the "International House of Pancakes" signage, and not from the 90's when the chain started reviving the original name (which had already been phased out in the 80's but made a comeback and has since disappeared again), but from 1966 when the restaurant opened. It's amazing how much of a time warp the place is inside and out. It's interesting how it opened as one of the first restaurants in the area to not be segregated by race. Maybe this is the real reason it hasn't been updated, because people consider it historically significant for this reason?

JimSawhill

Quote from: muppethammer26 on February 09, 2014, 01:00:15 AM
i would open hardee's restaurants throughout new england as well as new york and new jersey plus open more locations in pennsylvania

I read that Hardee's will be coming into New England...

bubcolbert1952

Hardee's once was found in Greater Philadelphia, but started to disappear from it as soon as Acme (the very historically significant but forgotten supermarket chain native to Philly), who franchised Hardee's in the area, started having trouble in the 80's. Later, a Pizza Hut franchisee bought the Hardee's rights, but then they were sold again to Marriott who sadly decided to close the division.

BillyGr

Quote from: JimSawhill on February 09, 2014, 06:12:57 PM
Quote from: muppethammer26 on February 09, 2014, 01:00:15 AM
i would open hardee's restaurants throughout new england as well as new york and new jersey plus open more locations in pennsylvania

I read that Hardee's will be coming into New England...

There were at least a few in eastern NY at one point - I can think of 3:

Latham, NY - Currently a Chinese Buffet on Route 7, just West of the I-87 SPUI
Clifton Park - Not sure if it's still there - was as you entered the plaza at the corner of 9 & 146 (where Cracker Barrel is) - later became a bank branch.
Cobleskill - On Route 7 in town, kind of across from the Price Chopper area.