Banks Miscellaneous

Started by NJxxJon, July 09, 2008, 10:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeRa

Quote from: MikeRa on November 01, 2008, 10:39:42 PM
I use Citizens Bank for my checking (bee with them since they were Mellon PSFS), and ING Direct for my Savings.  I never had any problems with Citizens Bank or ING Direct.
Still with Citizens Bank.  ING Direct of course is now Capitol One 360
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

JimSawhill

Quote from: JimSawhill on February 11, 2016, 08:59:08 PM
My banking: Wells Fargo mostly, in CT I have money in American Eagle FCU (formerly East Hartford Aircraft FCU) and First Niagara (formerly known as New Alliance, Saving Bank of Manchester, and East Hartford First Federal Savings and Loan). My first bank account was at First Federal when I was 6. Business bank was Rockville Bank.
In Florida, Wells Fargo and C1.

C1 Bank was merged into Bank of the Ozarks...

JJBers

Mostly use Liberty Bank, a local bank in Eastern and Central Connecticut. They have 2 locations in Willimantic, one nearby PriceRite (the former Shaw's) and in Downtown Willimantic, nearby the Frog Bridge.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

TheFugitive

I used to deal with Dollar Bank in Pittsburgh.

I closed my accounts when I caught them doing something unethical.
My wife has been known to occasionally bounce a check.  This happened, only
instead of getting a return check fee on that particular check we got them on a whole
slew of checks we both had written.

Turns out Dollar Bank was running this scam (which was widely pushed by consultants in
the banking industry) where they do not cash checks in the order they were written (101, 102, 103, etc.) but to cash them in order of dollar amount, from largest to smallest.

In that way instead of the one large check dropping your account into the negative, and the bank collecting thirty dollars, they can cause a whole bunch of the smaller checks you wrote beforehand to bounce, and the bank can collect MANY thirty-dollar fees.

I had a very nasty confrontation with the bank manager over this, who looked me in the eye and denied that Dollar Bank does this (even though I was holding a statement showing this was precisely what had happened).  Did so with a very combative, nasty attitude as well.  I would have slugged this manager had it not been a woman.

I closed all of my accounts and moved all of my money to a credit union.
Have not had a bit of trouble since.

JimSawhill

Quote from: JimSawhill on November 21, 2017, 08:31:18 PM
Quote from: JimSawhill on February 11, 2016, 08:59:08 PM
My banking: Wells Fargo mostly, in CT I have money in American Eagle FCU (formerly East Hartford Aircraft FCU) and First Niagara (formerly known as New Alliance, Saving Bank of Manchester, and East Hartford First Federal Savings and Loan). My first bank account was at First Federal when I was 6. Business bank was Rockville Bank.
In Florida, Wells Fargo and C1.

C1 Bank was merged into Bank of the Ozarks...
Bank of the Ozarks is now Bank Ozk...

MikeRa

Quote from: MikeRa on July 08, 2017, 09:46:24 PM
Quote from: MikeRa on November 01, 2008, 10:39:42 PM
I use Citizens Bank for my checking (bee with them since they were Mellon PSFS), and ING Direct for my Savings.  I never had any problems with Citizens Bank or ING Direct.
Still with Citizens Bank.  ING Direct of course is now Capitol One 360
Now have my Checking split with Citizens Bank and Capital One (360 Checking).  Retirement split with Capital One (360 IRA Savings), E-Trade IRA, and Transamerica (my employer's 401K)

Jon_TheBarber

don't trust em... my retirement fund is buried in my backyard lol all $327 lolz
Live Mas

MikeRa

Quote from: Jon_TheBarber on August 25, 2019, 03:30:12 PM
don't trust em... my retirement fund is buried in my backyard lol all $327 lolz
I have mine set up for stability.  Setted it up back in 2003.