Bank of America Removing All Drive Up Tellers

Started by Bdubs, September 05, 2019, 08:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bdubs

This happened last year, but aside from BoA closing a ton of branches, the ones that have remained open no longer have a drive up teller. Most have been replaced with just another ATM.
When I had them for a bank I did all my banking online, or all through their ATM. Their fees on everything were the reason I now have everything at a credit union.

Brammy

Welp. That explains it. A couple weeks ago my mom was shopping at a new store on Center Street in Southington called "My Wife's Shop" and she told me the drive thru at the nearby Bank of America was closed.
The Real Brammy

TheFugitive

This is strange because B of A is actually BUILDING new branches here in Pittsburgh
(a market where they did not really have a presence before).

One is near South Hills Village on the site of an old CVS store.  The other is on PA 51
taking over a former Brueggers Bagels location.

Bdubs

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 06, 2019, 10:03:57 AM
This is strange because B of A is actually BUILDING new branches here in Pittsburgh
(a market where they did not really have a presence before).

One is near South Hills Village on the site of an old CVS store.  The other is on PA 51
taking over a former Brueggers Bagels location.
Here in CT they have closed a lot of locations. I actually just noticed they closed another one just last month in my travels. In the town I used to live in, there wasn’t a full service  BoA for miles once they shuttered all the branches around me. All there was, was a single ATM, and everyone from surrounding towns used it too, and it took FOREVER to use it, as there was always a line.
I don’t miss that bank.

BillyGr

Key Bank went through this a number of years ago, but later added back drive up lanes to some locations (and also kept ones at branches they acquired by merger with at least one other local bank).

TheFugitive

All banks want to try and sell you add-on services.
I guess someone has decided that this is too difficult to do with
a customer sitting in his car.