Bonanza / Ponderosa

Started by Zayre88, April 02, 2005, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gu4ever

Mmmmm Mmmmm Steaktip dinner!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

This is the last photo of Ponderosa before I left for home. It was of the street sign at dusk. I thought this sign was unique as I've only seen Ponderosa signs in burgandy or green, never in black.

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Ponderosa really did a great job changing their restaurant style and concept.  

They went from "old spaceship" to the "new west ranch" buildings !!
I haven't heard that expression in years. The Ponderosa in South Merrimack, NH had the rocketship buffet in the spaceship restaurant.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
Ponderosa really did a great job changing their restaurant style and concept.  

They went from "old spaceship" to the "new west ranch" buildings !!
I haven't heard that expression in years. The Ponderosa in South Merrimack, NH had the rocketship buffet in the spaceship restaurant.

I don't know if it was an expression used to describe these buildings, but the one in that picture reminded me of some kind of futuristic space station.  

That concept was too modern and can't be modified easily years later.  But at least they have a distinctive look compared to the "brick & red awnings" other steakhouses and restaurant competitors.

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by kendra
Where's the other Maine location? If I've ever eaten at Bonanza or Ponderosa, it would have been when I was a child in the 1980s and I certainly don't remember it. I think I might just go check one out!! :)

The other one is in Presque Isle.  So after having locations throughout the state, Bonanza is now far north and south in Maine.

And here's is my own Bonanza steakhouse "dining kit", I just don't have the tray and number to go wait for my dinner at the table!

I finally made it to the Sanford Bonanza tonight, what a fantastic meal. I ordered the ribeye steak and had the deliscious salad bar all for $12.39!!
Zayre88 your lucky you got the black/stainless Bonanza plate,  the steaks are now served on regular plates.

Update: I've attached a picture of the Bonanza menu board.

Zayre88

I finally made it to the Sanford Bonanza tonight, what a fantastic meal. I ordered the ribeye steak and had the deliscious salad bar all for $12.39!!
Zayre88 your lucky you got the black/stainless Bonanza plate,  the steaks are now served on regular plates.

Actually, I bought this plate on eBay and the sauce bottle at the Sanford Bonanza.  At one point, eBay even had Bonanza "cafeteria trays"!  Too bad they don't use the original plates anymore.  I don't know if it's company wide though.

gu4ever

The Ponderosa of Plattsburgh, NY.

gu4ever

The menu board in Ponderosa.... This location was great they had a delicious 10oz ribeye steak available.:bigsmile:

gu4ever

XISMZERO, you will appreciate this photo that I've attached. Not only do I take pictures of store buildings, signs and interiors, but also include picture taking of my yummy delicious Ponderosa ribeye steak dinner.

gu4ever

The unique shape of the Ponderosa street sign in Plattsburgh, NY.

Zayre88

Nice pictures!!  That Plattsburgh location is special.  It looks like it was an old "ranch style" location, that was remodeled like many others, but they used components from the "modern Ponderosa" in the renovated storefront.  They have the most recent logo on the pylon sign but still have an old one on the front wall.

gu4ever

I was driving south on route 30 from Northville, NY and look what I came across...... I had to stop and take a picture.

gu4ever

Here's the Amsterdam, NY Ponderosa on route 30. It's had a paint job done to it and some landscaping added along the road sign. d_fife posted a picture of this location back on page 2, here's the link to that page.

http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=182&page=2

gu4ever

The street sign in Amsterdam, NY.

gu4ever

The menu board at the inside entrance.

gu4ever

The rocket buffet in Amsterdam, NY. This buffet allows the service associate to be inside the buffet itself in a "service aisle". This is helpful on the busy days and weekend nights when the buffet would be swamped with lines waiting to get at the food on the buffet. The associate can go about their business filling and stocking the buffet full... full... full.. all the while not getting in the way of the hungry patrons.

gu4ever

The salad bar on the rocket buffet.

gu4ever

:( The now closed Ponderosa restaurant in Middletown, NY.

gu4ever

The canvas sign on the Ponderosa building.

gu4ever

The entrance to the former Middletown, NY Ponderosa restaurant.

gu4ever

The interior view of the former buffet.

gu4ever

The former Ponderosa restaurant in Middletown, NY. This restaurant definitely had a unique shape.

GothicPrincess

Ok. So, I drove past the ex-Ponderosa in Greensburg, PA this morning, located across the highway from Westmoreland Mall. It is now a China Star, Asian Buffet. My friend said they're better than Super Panda. The building looks the same except for the name being on it. Will get pics if I have a chance to get back up that way. I kinda moved and didn't change my location in my status thing. Sorry...lol
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Marc82

The street sign in Amsterdam, NY.

Anyone else think it's funny there's a cow (albeit a fake one) standing outside a steak house?

Caldor1999

The former Ponderosa restaurant in Middletown, NY. This restaurant definitely had a unique shape.

were in middletown was this cause i think i remember seeing it when it was open when i went to that caldor they still have there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

were in middletown was this cause i think i remember seeing it when it was open when i went to that caldor they still have there  

The Middletown location was right off from route 84 on 17M heading North. Here's a link to a bing map.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qx46j98sy222&scene=21705758&lvl=2&sty=b&where1=Middletown%2C%20NY

gu4ever

Traveling through western Vermont on route 7, I stumbled upon this restaurant sign.

gu4ever

The former Ponderosa restaurant entrance.

gu4ever

Looking through the front windows of the restaurant, I discovered it's still fully stocked with all it's furniture. The tables in this photo are exactly the same style that I remember from the South Merrimack, NH Ponderosa Steakhouse.

gu4ever

Here's a picture of the former buffet and dinning room area.