TGI Friday's

Started by C. Fontaine, April 03, 2005, 12:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

I noticed a lot of talk about them lately, so I figured I would post something.  This place is one of my favorite restaurants.  I almost took a management position in the new one at the "Shoppes at Blackstone Valley," a huge new "Lifestyle center" strip mall in Millbury, MA.  I must go there at least once a week.

AmesNewington

A wierd thing happened with the one in Westfarms (Mall area). They suddenly closed down without notifying employees and within a month, they demolished the whole building, and there are apartments/hotel suites there. They said they closed because of improper sanitation issues. But, the TGI Fridays restaurant is coming to Newington soon in the JoAnn Plaza.

TRU7536

this is the new TGIF fridays set to open in Newington. its located in the Jo Ann's Plaza. This is their new concept look. Lokks very cool.

d_fife

this TGI friday is in portland maine where REd lobster was.

BillyGr

This is the TGI Friday's in Stuyvesant Plaza - it is an older location and the building was either part of a store or there was a store on the site prior to the TGI Friday's opening.

Note the lack of signs - they have a small road sign but none on the building - again kind of standard for the area.

d_fife

tgi friday in manchestesr Ct near babies r us

d_fife

tgi newington ct near the models sports and dick's sporting.

d_fife

tgi in waterbury ct near the brass center mall and centers

d_fife

tgi in central valley ny (near harriman and monroe)

d_fife

tgi in hamden ct in the plaza with stop and shop / staples / models / tj maxx

d_fife

d_fife

in victor ny (15 minutes from rochester) and this is near 90.

d_fife

tgi in greece ny (near rochester) in greece ridge mall

d_fife

tgi friday in amherst ny (near buffalo) in boulevard mall

d_fife

tgi in hamburg / blasdell / buffalo ny near mckinnely mall

Zayre88

TGI Friday's opened no more than a year ago at the new Shops at Biddeford Crossing and it just closed recently!

We're familiar with TGI Friday's, we began to post stuff about the chain around here in 2005 :yup:  That's why i merged the threads.

Zayre88

TGI Friday's closed it's doors in Biddeford, ME... and now another recently built TGI is also closed in North Hampton, NH !!

Marc82

The one in Southington, CT closed down in the middle of the night back in October 2003. They were literally there one day and gone the next. Now they are a locally owned Restaurant called Wood N Tap, which I've never been to. FRIDAY"s was there for only a couple years. I remember when they built it in the KMART parking lot. After Friday's closed down they were supposed to become a seafood restaurant and that fell through. Then they were supposed to be come a Texas Roadhouse, but they opened in Hartford instead (now they're closed). Wood N Tap finally opened a couple years ago.

retailisking

Went out of business Monday - last location in Maine - no notice to customers or employees. It opened in January 2007. I'll take a pic next time I'm in the area - and have lunch at Ruby Tuesday... ;D

Stork of The Weak

I'm amazed TGI Friday's has a location at Shore Mall in NJ near Atlantic City. That mall is almost completely empty and has never been upscale at all. In fact, since Sears and JCPenney both left it to open at the Hamilton Mall that was built in Mays Landing in 1987, Shore Mall has been very downscale. Boscov's still has a store at the former Sears site, but it's more common to see Boscov's at dying malls and in small towns than to find bigger department store chains in those environments. This mall's only other real anchor is a Burlington Coat Factory, which is run down and in a former Clover store that was never really remodeled at all after Clover closed 18 years ago. Even the railroad that once ran right outside this mall has been closed since 1976 (not long after the mall opened) and the shopping center across the street is very dead. Not only did Bradlees close there, but so did many chains that still exist, including Pathmark, Ross Dress for Less, and Office Depot.

MikeRa

All of the TGI Friday's in the Philadelphia area are corporate owned locations.  They include:

NE Corner Street Road and Richleu Road, Bensalem, PA
King of Prussia Plaza (Inside mall)
Plymouth Meeting Mall (inside mall)
Oxford Valley Mall (perminiter location)
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

MikeinBuffalo

This TGI Friday's closed up about a year ago near me. They are redesigning the plaza, and I noticed the old labelscar below the newer part of the building.
Bed Bath and Beyond grunt.
N.Y. Ames Pilgrimages completed: Medina #69, Alden #78, Collins #79, Tonawanda #251, Blasdell #1066, South Cheektowaga #1077 (RIP), Cheektowaga/Depew #1079, Buffalo #1109, Buffalo #1206 (RIP)
Dead Retail of Buffalo on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141912098@N03/albums

MikeRa

Quote from: MikeRa on June 21, 2015, 10:08:12 PM
All of the TGI Friday's in the Philadelphia area are corporate owned locations.  They include:

NE Corner Street Road and Richleu Road, Bensalem, PA
King of Prussia Plaza (Inside mall)
Plymouth Meeting Mall (inside mall)
Oxford Valley Mall (perminiter location)
The Philly area stores are now franchised.  They include:
Bensalem Fridays
Center City Philadelphia Fridays
Oxford Valley Mall TGI Friday's

MikeRa

The Fridays in Bensalem, PA:

The Fridays in Center City Philadelphia, PA: