Main Menu

Target

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

hears a Target Grat Land Sign theres a Wal Mart rigtht down the rod from it but it dosentr seem to get much bizz then this target dose lol take that wal mart
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

truviking05

The local Target Greatland near me opened in 1993. I remember being very small, reading the construction sign, and thinking to myself, "What is a Target? I don't think I have ever been to Target..." lol. Anyway, they're expanding it like crazy--it's already huge and is going to become a Super Target with groceries, apparently. I like the idea :) There is a regular Target stoe in my actual town that opened in 2002, amid TONS of excitement from locals :)

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05
The local Target Greatland near me opened in 1993. I remember being very small, reading the construction sign, and thinking to myself, "What is a Target? I don't think I have ever been to Target..." lol. Anyway, they're expanding it like crazy--it's already huge and is going to become a Super Target with groceries, apparently. I like the idea :) There is a regular Target stoe in my actual town that opened in 2002, amid TONS of excitement from locals :)

Target dose it if a reglur Wal Mart opens up they wanna show Wal Mart that there better and it works and they dosnt dom it alone they add outher stores in there like u see in that picture
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

If you ever go to the Abington Pa., it is really neat. Its two floors with a Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC in the front and there is a special escolator for carts, one for up and one for down. Once you go to the second floor, you have to take the escolator or elevator back down. It is a really cool Target, opened in 2002. The building was a three floor mini mall before and before then a Sears. Sears 195?-1985, moved to Willow Grove. Atrium Mall 1985-2001, the mall closed because it was practicly empty. The TJ Maxx and Old Country Buffet moved out of the mall. Target took over the out of business Circuit City and the rest of the little stores.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
If you ever go to the Abington Pa., it is really neat. Its two floors with a Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC in the front and there is a special escolator for carts, one for up and one for down. Once you go to the second floor, you have to take the escolator or elevator back down. It is a really cool Target, opened in 2002. The building was a three floor mini mall before and before then a Sears. Sears 195?-1985, moved to Willow Grove. Atrium Mall 1985-2001, the mall closed because it was practicly empty. The TJ Maxx and Old Country Buffet moved out of the mall. Target took over the out of business Circuit City and the rest of the little stores.

Ya, i've been to that store, it is very unique compared to the other Targets. (One of my friends used to have a Jewlery store in that mall until it closed). I ended up just putting a cart on the escalator for fun even though I didn't need anything on the 2nd floor:insane:

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

Ya, i've been to that store, it is very unique compared to the other Targets. (One of my friends used to have a Jewlery store in that mall until it closed). I ended up just putting a cart on the escalator for fun even though I didn't need anything on the 2nd floor:insane:

*gasp* How dare you! You can't do that!?!? I push handicapped people down the up escalator there so they just keep rolling in the same place, but you!!!! :flaming: I'm just kidding!:insane:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
I like Target's new Product Musical commercials they're funny yet ENTERTAINING!

FINALLY something DIFFERENT!:yup:

yep i also like the Taregt Dog to hehehheheh
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

Has anyone been to 2 story Targets what are they like?

I recently visited the (south) Nashua NH store.  It was pretty much like a regular Target but i like the one-level store more because you have everything on the same floor.  That store had a Pizza Hut Express, an elevator, escalators and escalador for carts.  It was the first time i saw that.

amesman

The old Newburgh, New York Ames is has been demolished, and a Target is being built there.

Caldor1999

I like Target's recent ads the Back To School  baby got back packs ad it takes a famous 1990s rap/hip hop song and changes the lyrics with style!

sounds still cool with the changed lyrics go here to the link below and click "launch it now" and then after the brief intro/skip the intro click on the pics to see the ads

Targets been cooler than ever!

http://target.com/target_group/stores_services/channel_red.jhtml

\

hahah yea i saw that one i found it funy but clever heh :bounce:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Targets old Website from 1997!:bigsmile:

http://web.archive.org/web/19971211225945/http://www.target.com/

how did uu get that :huh:
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

Former Target somewhere.

storehistoryguy

Target with sunset. :) (It would look a little better if it were a Bradlees or a Clover or something else.)

Caldor1999

hears a Target somewere in Jersey
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

store215

Target used to have auto centers, paint mixing, and key cutting like Kmart has(d). they weren't always the "trendy" and "hip" retail store.:yup:

storehistoryguy

A modern looking Target.

ameskmart1

A scary closed Target.
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
A scary closed Target.
thats a scary looking pic that target looks liek a fromer richway
Caldor Forever!

AmesNewington

This is the Newington Target. It opened in September 2003. It is an average size store. There is one near Westfarms in New-Britain that's a great land and is much bigger with more merchandise. This picture was probably taken when they were still working on it (august probably). It has a big food department, and has a Pizza Hut Express.

Caldor1999

i nodiced how target has changed there style there becomeing more of a store they dont do the cheep look like walmart and they seem to get better as tiime gos on if they sold more lines of clouths and tools and had auto centers they could become the next Sears in a way
Caldor Forever!

NJF

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
A scary closed Target.
thats a scary looking pic that target looks liek a fromer richway
Yeah that wedge-shaped skylight gives it away, must be someplace in the southeast.  There are a couple former Richways now Targets still open in the Atlanta area.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
and here is the newest design. This is the newest store in Albany, off of Exit 6 of the Northway.

The new store in Bangor ME has that same style, ... il ike it!

Here is the Bangor store...

Zayre88

and that store at night...

d_fife

and here is the newest design. This is the newest store in Albany, off of Exit 6 of the Northway.

The new store in Bangor ME has that same style, ... il ike it!

Here is the Bangor store...

when was this picture taken??

This new target concept is ok. I was tired of the old looks, the ones that opened 5 years ago. IT seemed this concept started SPring 2004 and onwards and will probably go till 2010 or so. I Bet the one in Topsham looks like this.

d_fife

this target is in Boston (Dorchester near South Boston) in South Bay Center, is 128,000 square feet and replaced K-mart in March 2004. K-mart closed march 2003.

http://www.riaerials.com/gallery.php?current_dir=GALLERY

storehistoryguy

Here's the earliest style of Target that I know. This one is in Buffalo, New York

Here's an old Target store in 1965 !!

Wow! How impressive! I've never been to one of those because they weren't in my area until the late 90's. Interesting arches over the doors.

d_fife

I WONDER IF ANY OF THOSE ARE STILL AROUND!

Caldor1999

i love target thye remide me so much of caldor:)

and there not evile like wal mart
Caldor Forever!

ameskmart1

Urban Target located in Vermaport, VA
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft