Main Menu

Target

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

DISCUSS!

tokensafari

Love their stores, and the quality. Sure, they're more expensive, but i think it's worth every penny. They have nice, clean stores, and i enjoy the shopping experience.

Caldor99

sure most people consider them a BIG BOX but when u go into there stores they look how a dept store looks they reminde me of caldor i love the look of the store and there selction is good to

amesman

Here's the earliest style of Target that I know. This one is in Buffalo, New York

amesman

Here's the second design. It came out in 98. This is one of the Albany, NY stores(and the first Target to come into Albany), at the old Northway Mall site.

amesman

Here's the third design. This is another Albany, New York location, at the old Mohawk Mall site in Niskayuna.

amesman

and here is the newest design. This is the newest store in Albany, off of Exit 6 of the Northway.

tokensafari

Target doesn't try the warehouse look that many other stores are going with these days. They try and make their stores different than everyone else. I admire that.

amesman

me too man....me too :D

Anonymous

Just wondering - is it me or is the second design missing a photo?

amesman

It might just be taking a while to laod. My pics are so big...I try to resize them, but, I can't help it :no:

amesman

Actually, sorry dude. I must've accidentally deleted it, my fault. I fixed it though.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
and here is the newest design. This is the newest store in Albany, off of Exit 6 of the Northway.

The new store in Bangor ME has that same style, ... il ike it!

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Here's the earliest style of Target that I know. This one is in Buffalo, New York

Here's an old Target store in 1965 !!

Caldor99

WOW:o dose that one still look like that and how come theres no logo on the frount of the store

Zayre88

I don't know about that store now, my guess is that it probably moved away beause the stores were smaller in that time...   Maybe it was expanded?  Today's Target would'nt fit in these 60's stores.  As for the logo, it is probably behind all that snow !

store215

Very cool pic! I have been searching for months looking for early Target pics finding nothing. That looks like quite a large store compared to other 60's stores.

tokensafari

That store looks farely big for a store in that time period!!

Anonymous

i loke those designs up top theyer intresting

Caldor1999

hears the new one that opend in my town MT Kissco New York the en is cool it has a pizza hut and a starbucks
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

C. Fontaine

Yeah, a new Target just opened near me in a huge new strip mall.  It also has a Pizza Hut, and a photo center.

Anonymous

hi again barry from toledo to me personnally, target sems to be a larger verson of ames at least to me. i dont remember the sq.ft of ames 416 compared to the target i work at now 624  but both were built around same time 89-90. did not see big difference in hardlines but softlines and checkout were more spread to me at least my store looks like 1st pic. does anyone have a target greatland near them

thedisneystore967

they just built a new one by me, in Rockville, Maryland. i find that very silly because there are 2 more in neghiboring cities!!!!!!

AmesNewington

The town of Newington cut down over an Acre of trees and old buildings to build a brand new Target store in 2003. But, it's a real nice store. The store is so clean compared to Wal-Mart across the street. Also, I'm looking to buy DVDs online, and target.com has them for less than walmart.com.

XDeSuEhTX

I've only been in Target once in my life, it was in Charelston, WV. It was a nice store, good atmosphere, and kept neat. I liked the layout and all, but the prices were a little on the high side. I would like to have a Target in my area thought. :D
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

HoJofan206

As a few have allready mentioned above, I would be more than happy to pay a bit more to go to Target than to save money and shop at Wal-Mart....ALWAYS!!  :roll:

Caldor1999

hears a Target at the Palsildes Mall CRIA 1998 lol one levale above Home Depot
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor99
sure most people consider them a BIG BOX but when u go into there stores they look how a dept store looks they reminde me of caldor i love the look of the store and there selction is good to

How ironic Target is what delt the final blow to Caldor after moving into this area

WELL WALMART MADE IT HARD FOR CALDOR TO SURVIVE TOO!

so its not all of Target's fault

I call Target the "Caldor copycat" because it reminds me of what Caldor used to be, unique yet simple

plus if you crop the Target logo at 2.3 in powerpoint and put it  on the angle like the Caldor rainbow was you'll see some sort of resemblance!:o:o:o:o:o:o:holysh:

as illustrated below

d_fife

my favorite store

TARGET IS MY FAVORITE STORE. MY CLOSEST TARGET IS IN CONCORD NH. TARGET FIRST CAME TO NEW ENGLAND IN July 1999, In NH it first opened in Salem NH, and COncord and the one in the Pheasant LAne MAll opened in OCtober 1999, and the one in Hooksett opened in MArch 2003, and the one in NAshua on Amherst st opened in July 2003, and the one in Bedford NH is opening in OCtober 2005. Other potential Targets are in KEene and Greenland NH. The one in South Portland MAine opened in OCtober 2001, I have been to it. I heard the one in Bangor opened in MArch 2004, but I have never been to that Target. I heard they will put ones in Biddeford and Augusta and Topsham.

TARGET IS MY FAV STORE, and tHEY ARE IN EXPANSION MODe. BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO TARGET IN VERMONT.

TARGET IS EVEN EXPANDING AROUND BOSTON BIG TIME. LIKE I HEARD THEY MAY build on Washington st if MAcy's moves into Filene's or if that happens. I heard they replaced the Kmart in South bay center (I WENT TO THAT Kmarts closing sale 2 years ago and my dad and I where the only white people in that store). I heard they built one in REvere, I have been to the targets around Boston in Saugus, Everett (TARGET GREATLAND), (SAUGUS AND EVERETT ARE NEAR REVERE), WAtertown (That was a small one), SAlem (A small store), SOmerville (A small store), Woburn (TARGET GRETLAND), DAnvers (TARget GREATLAND).

I First went to a Target in early 1993, when my parents and I went on vacation to ORlando florida for february vacation, and I went to a TArget in Kissimmee.

I JUST LOVE TARGET. HAS THERE BEEN TALKS ABOUT ONE IN VERMONT YET??? I would bet if they try open there they would open in Burlington.

I have been to these target: NH: NAshua, NAshua, COncord, HOoksett, Salem; MA: DAnvers, SAugus, EVerett, Salem, Somerville, Watertown, Westboro, Worcester, MArlboro, HAdley, Holyoke, TAunton, Kingston; ME: South Portland; NY: SAratoga Springs; FL: Kissimee, NM (NEw mexico): 2 in alebequerque (I went to them in FEbruary 1995 when I vistied my now deseaced grandmother's friends).

This summer when I travel I will go to the ones in RI: WArwick, Smithfield; MA: NOrth attleboro, Plainville, Boston (DORchester), REvere, Leominster (It opens in July); CT: Enfield; NH: Bedford.

In ma I heard they are trying to put target in the berkshrie mall in LAnesboro where Ames was (GOOD IDEA: I WENT TO PITTSFIELD LAST YEAR AND WAL-mart was the only store there, I saw a building with PEtco, HOme goods and TJ MAXX and it looked like it was a Kmart, a vacant Bradlees) Abbington, North Dartmouth and one DAy I plan to visit the one in SEekonk MA.

Caldor1999

Target hjas been expanding fast over the past 5 years i first went to one back in 1997 it reminded me a lot like Caldor the first Target to open near me was over in rockland county in the plassies mall NY witch was back in 1998  then in 2003 white planes got one and again in 2005 when my town finnaly got one itys not to big not to small there stores are just right they have a good out look they dont put up a fight with outher stores like Wal Mart dose and the dont open super targets evrey were too
Caldor Forever!