Main Menu

Sonic

Started by Caldor1999, July 27, 2005, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikapower

Quote from: buzz86us on September 30, 2013, 03:02:34 PM
I wish they'd come to NY more there is one in Kingston but I can't afford to drive over there every time i turn around... wish they'd open one in Albany...

I wish for the same thing except for them to open in Buffalo or at least Rochester!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on June 17, 2013, 11:56:43 AM
Milford, CT is getting a Sonic too replacing Arbys just like in Bristol.

http://www.bristolpress.com/articles/2013/06/17/news/doc51bf178534204233615272.txt

Update: Sonic is opening in Milford, Connecticut sometime between October 23rd and October 30th. At least that's what "Brad" is responding with to people asking on The Sonic of CT Facebook Page.

ynkeesfn82

Sonic of Milford, Connecticut opens to the public today. Yesterday it was open only to Facebook fans. Milford, Connecticut is the first Sonic with a dining room.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on October 30, 2013, 08:46:32 AM
Sonic of Milford, Connecticut opens to the public today. Yesterday it was open only to Facebook fans. Milford, Connecticut is the first Sonic with a dining room.

Saw pictures of it, looks nothing like a typical Sonic. Surprised they didn't knock it down and rebuild. It's just weird lol

buzz86us

I wish there were more Sonics out there for the 50% off shakes alone.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on June 16, 2013, 01:04:43 PM
Reportedly coming to Bristol, CT. A reporter for the Bristol Press had on his blog last night that Sonic would be replacing the Bristol Arby's.

I don't know if this is true or not, because if you ask me it sounds stupid, but today someone at Walmart said he heard if Sonic were to take over Arby's in Bristol, the adjacent Chili's would have to close. Arby's and Chili's sit side by side in a small development called "The Shoppes at Larson's Farm." They share a traffic light with Walmart.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on November 12, 2013, 08:31:59 PM
Quote from: Marc B on June 16, 2013, 01:04:43 PM
Reportedly coming to Bristol, CT. A reporter for the Bristol Press had on his blog last night that Sonic would be replacing the Bristol Arby's.

I don't know if this is true or not, because if you ask me it sounds stupid, but today someone at Walmart said he heard if Sonic were to take over Arby's in Bristol, the adjacent Chili's would have to close. Arby's and Chili's sit side by side in a small development called "The Shoppes at Larson's Farm." They share a traffic light with Walmart.

The Arby's on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington will become a sonic as well.

Ames Newington

They can take the grassy area behind the parking lot for more space. The Arby's/Roy Rogers space looks small, but it actually is large enough for Sonic.

ynkeesfn82

On Page 3 of yesterday's Bristol Press (I can't find the article online) there was an article that stated plans for Sonic to take over Arby's were moving forward, but no timeline on the plan was given.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on December 28, 2013, 01:28:47 PM
On Page 3 of yesterday's Bristol Press (I can't find the article online) there was an article that stated plans for Sonic to take over Arby's were moving forward, but no timeline on the plan was given.

Sonic are great places...

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on December 28, 2013, 01:28:47 PM

Update: Sonic of CT posted on their Facebook Page posted that they are hiring for their soon to open location in Bristol, Connecticut. They hope to open in May.

TRU7536

i am happy that Sonic is finally expanding, however I am not a fan of them taking over these former Arbys sites. They keep the building and it doesn't feel like a Sonic like the ones in Wallingford and Manchester.

Milford, Bristol, and Newington will still have the original Arby building. Does this happen any where else around the country?

buzz86us

Wish they would open more sonics in ny we have one in kingston that i have never been to they really need to open in bigger areas like albany the perfect spot would be by colonie center in the old green park inn space.

ynkeesfn82

Bristol, Connecticut must be opening really soon. Their menu was enclosed in this week's Bristol Observer, Southington Observer, and Plainville Observer. All 3 are free weekly newspapers owned by The Waterbury Republican American News Paper. Even though I don't live in Bristol any more I think it's awesome they're putting a Sonic in Bristol. Usually new restaurants, stores, etc avoid Bristol like the plague. It's even more awesome because this Sonic in Bristol will have a dining room.

Stork of The Weak

I wish they would open at the former Arby's site in Painter's Crossing, PA.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on April 26, 2014, 10:41:13 PM
Bristol, Connecticut must be opening really soon. Their menu was enclosed in this week's Bristol Observer, Southington Observer, and Plainville Observer. All 3 are free weekly newspapers owned by The Waterbury Republican American News Paper. Even though I don't live in Bristol any more I think it's awesome they're putting a Sonic in Bristol. Usually new restaurants, stores, etc avoid Bristol like the plague. It's even more awesome because this Sonic in Bristol will have a dining room.

Opening Day will be May 7th, 2014.

buzz86us

After my initial disappointment over the Kingston one closing their opening one in Latham NY with several more in the works!!! I can't wait to have one of those gigantic milkshakes for only $3

Hudsons81

I happen to live just a few minutes from the first Sonic in Michigan. It's the one in front of the Southgate Meijer store. This location opened in May 2008.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on May 02, 2014, 05:19:04 PM
Quote from: Marc B on April 26, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

Opening Day will be May 7th, 2014.

How is Sonic doing in CT?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on June 02, 2015, 11:29:04 PM
How is Sonic doing in CT?

Don't know. Bristol has strange hours. They don't open til 10AM while the other 3 that they own in Connecticut open at 7AM.

ynkeesfn82

Sonic will break ground on the first location in Rhode Island in the town on Smithfield on July 15th. They hope to open on August 31st.

http://www.necn.com/news/business/Rhode-Islands-First-Sonic-Opening-in-August-312598351.html

Marc's Note: Really? Six weeks seems fast to me.

Chuck E. Cheese

I don't think Wallingford has inside seating so I don't go there often. Im an avid fan of Unwrapped, and Sonic was featured..

ynkeesfn82

They don't. The ones in Bristol and Milford are the only Connecticut locations that have inside seating. As I mentioned in another posting the one in Bristol doesn't open until 10AM, while the others open at 7AM.

HannafordHearts

The Sonic in Latham, NY is now officially open. It was built on the site of a former Hardee's which later became Kings Buffet. It also has inside seating in addition to the drive-in stalls.

buzz86us

The Latham location might as well not exist I don't have time to eat there since they are always busy it takes nearly an hour for "fast food" I haven't used the drive-in stalls since they opened 9/10th of the time I have to park across the street and walk into the place unless i want my car to idle forever.

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on July 08, 2015, 05:35:41 PM
Sonic will break ground on the first location in Rhode Island in the town on Smithfield on July 15th. They hope to open on August 31st.

http://www.necn.com/news/business/Rhode-Islands-First-Sonic-Opening-in-August-312598351.html

Is there something previously there?  Like with the Latham one mentioned there was an existing restaurant so it was somewhat quicker as they were remodeling vs. totally new building.

Quote from: buzz86us on July 20, 2015, 08:31:19 PM
The Latham location might as well not exist I don't have time to eat there since they are always busy it takes nearly an hour for "fast food" I haven't used the drive-in stalls since they opened 9/10th of the time I have to park across the street and walk into the place unless i want my car to idle forever.

That will (likely) get better over time, both once the "new" part of it wears off and once others in the area start opening (an people go to the one closer to them rather than everyone having to go to just one spot).

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on July 08, 2015, 05:35:41 PM

Not really... here it takes about a month to open one... the building is prefab...then again... I doubt the restaurant in New England are car hop served..

BillyGr

Quote from: JimSawhill on July 26, 2015, 01:37:24 PM
Not really... here it takes about a month to open one... the building is prefab...then again... I doubt the restaurant in New England are car hop served..

Well, they were hiring people who could roller skate for the new one in Latham, so they still have some carhop service (granted, not New England but within an hour of it).
They do, however also have seating inside, which the others didn't (like the now closed Kingston one and the Wappingishkikeepsie one).

(It's in one of those towns, Wappingers Falls, Fishkill or Poughkeepsie but every time I say one someone points out I picked the wrong one, so hence the new town name).