Main Menu

Sonic

Started by Caldor1999, July 27, 2005, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmesNewington

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
Rumors are going around they are looking at the former Krispie Kreme building on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington.

I'd be nice for something to go in that building, but I'm sure there would be disputes with the neighbors who fought Krispy Kreme (and look what happened to them). Citibank was fine there because it was just a bank. But I have a feeling the Town of Newington will discourage any restaurant from opening there. It must have to do with the residents in the Hopkins Street area. Although I have no idea why the town would discourage any business wanting to open these days. Why would they allow it to sit empty if someone wants to lease it?

GothicPrincess

Well, I have yet to try their food, but the Sonic in Greensburg, in the parking lot of Big Lots, next to the Greengate Center, is open. Being I am from the time of sitting in your car and having chicks rollerskate your food to your car, this should be a treat for me. I love that nostalgic crap. Will post my opinion when I have the dough to drop in there. gas prices suck here...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Caldor1999

so i finally went to one over in new jersey hasbrook highs i think it was in and it was crazzzy they had a cop there blocking the entrance cause there were so many people in the end it was worth it im hopping to see more locations in NY
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Ames#1171

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
Well, I have yet to try their food, but the Sonic in Greensburg, in the parking lot of Big Lots, next to the Greengate Center, is open. Being I am from the time of sitting in your car and having chicks rollerskate your food to your car, this should be a treat for me. I love that nostalgic crap. Will post my opinion when I have the dough to drop in there. gas prices suck here...

I ate there when I stayed at the Knights Inn in Greensburg back in June.  It was ok, but I wasn't impressed.  I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

They are building one here in Parma, Oh it's supposed open on August 29th.  We'll see how it is.
Ames" border="0

TRJ22487

The Peabody, Massachusetts locations is supposedly opening August 26th

I see nothing on their website though, and no recent articles about this.
Supposedly though another Sonic will open in New England Summer of 2010

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by TRJ22487
The Peabody, Massachusetts locations is supposedly opening August 26th

I see nothing on their website though, and no recent articles about this.
Supposedly though another Sonic will open in New England Summer of 2010

I was listening to The Andelman's on WTKK 96.9 out of Boston last Saturday and they said the opening of the Peabody Store has been delayed until October. (The show is officially called The Phantom Gourmet, but they don't talk much about food).

Ames#1171

QuoteThey are building one here in Parma, Oh it's supposed open on August 29th.  We'll see how it is.

Here are some pics I snapped with my Blackberry of the Parma, Oh Sonic, which is opening Saturday August 29:

Not the best pics but I didn't have my camera with me.
Ames" border="0

Marc82

The new Sonic in Peabody, Mass is a huge hit. So much in fact it's causing traffic back ups and they've had to hire cops to direct traffic.

http://www.digitalcity.com/2009/09/16/sonic-drive-in-expansion-causes-chaos-in-the-northeast

Caldor1999

they had to do that to the one in hasbrook hights nj it was crazy i drove all the way there they really need to start opening more in new york believe me i know so many people who would love to go there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

videogamer75

There's a Sonic near me in Millville, NJ. The food is just OK.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The new Sonic in Peabody, Mass is a huge hit. So much in fact it's causing traffic back ups and they've had to hire cops to direct traffic.

http://www.digitalcity.com/2009/09/16/sonic-drive-in-expansion-causes-chaos-in-the-northeast

I kn ow it was as I went there the first day and the traffic was soo backed up on Rt. 1 and backed up getting in and I saw the direct cops. Why waste hours of your life for fast food and there were long lines.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
WALLINGFORD CONNECTICUT OPENING SPRING OF 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://myrecordjournal.com/site/tab1.cfm?newsid=20387585&BRD=2755&PAG=461&dept_id=592708&rfi=6

abd will the traffic there be backed up like the one in Peabody that opened???????? I went there the first day and it was backed up

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
sonic drive in in ephrata  pa

That is the only one near me.

amesman

Well, my original theory of them not coming to the Northeast was blown out of the water. They've pushed into the area with great results over the past couple of years. The one here in Kingston does well, and as of right now is the farthest north(at least for NY). There's one in Poughkeepsie now, and the owner of that franchise has plans to open more locations throughout the Mid and Lower Hudson Valley. Also, a couple more have opened in northern New Jersey, and one near Allentown, PA. The real test will come for this winter. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. But from the way things have gone so far, I wouldn't worry much.

patk

the pa sonics by me are
Hanover
Red Lion
Lancaster
Mt Joy
Palmyra
Ephrata
:insane:

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
Sonic has been in Southern New Jersey for about two years now, and the locations (Millville, Manahawkin, Somers Point, and Waretown) are doing great business, even during the winter.  

The one in HOWELL NJ is rocking as well.
JN

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
Mount Holly NJ and Rio Grande NJ are getting SONICS ...........both these towns have a closed down wendys and taco bells in them.

The closed down Wendy's in Rio Grande became R&B Roasters in Summer 2008, and is now a Japanese restaurant or something along those lines. The closed down Taco Bell is now Alfredo's Pizza.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
Mount Holly NJ and Rio Grande NJ are getting SONICS ...........both these towns have a closed down wendys and taco bells in them.

The closed down Wendy's in Rio Grande became R&B Roasters in Summer 2008, and is now a Japanese restaurant or something along those lines. The closed down Taco Bell is now Alfredo's Pizza.  

I used to goto both of those when I was little - I could walk to them and the wendys had a salad bar....now THATS old school....8+ years ago.....  :(
JN

scottw73

They broke ground today on the new Sonic in Wallingford, it's set to open in July

http://www.ctnow.com/news/hc-hc-sonic-connecticut-0517.artmay17,0,1532834.story

patk

theres a new Sonic coming to Randallstown, MD ;D
no pics :( it will be infront of the Ollies!  ???

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: scottw73 on May 17, 2010, 05:41:14 PM
They broke ground today on the new Sonic in Wallingford, it's set to open in July

And they're  gonna be invading Connecticut like Locust.

1. Wallingford - July.

2. Manchester - This Fall.

3. Milford - TBD

4. Enfield - TBD

5. Waterbury - TBD ----------------------- YES! WAHOO! CLOSEST TO WHERE I LIVE!

6. Middletown - TBD

d_fife

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on May 18, 2010, 08:56:18 PM

1. Wallingford - July.

3. Milford - TBD

4. Enfield - TBD

6. Middletown - TBD

thats great! they are entering NEw england like this and what are the other proposed Mass locations? They have ones in WIlmington and Peabody

when will they enter Rhode ISland, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. I doubt VErmont will get one (They dont have a Target)

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on May 18, 2010, 08:56:18 PM

1. Wallingford - July.

3. Milford - TBD

4. Enfield - TBD

6. Middletown - TBD

FROM SONICOFCT.COM

1. Wallingford - 1033 N. Colony Road
2. Manchester  - 90 Buckland Street

And the rest are tentative locations:

1. Milford
2.  Berlin
3. New Haven
4. Southington
5. Enfield
6. The Hartfords (which means West Hartford, East Hartford, or Hartford)

Keep up to date: http://www.facebook.com/sonicofct

Caldor1999

it would be much better if they stired to open more locations in the new york metropolitan aria that would help me
Caldor Forever!

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on July 03, 2010, 03:54:54 PM
FROM SONICOFCT.COM

1. Wallingford - 1033 N. Colony Road
2. Manchester  - 90 Buckland Street

Sonic of Wallingford opens this Wednesday July 14th!!!!!!!!!!! And they just got approval the other day from the Manchester Planning and Zoning for 90 Buckland Street!

d_fife

I went to the Sonic last night in wAllingford, its across from Bjs.

any others opening in New England? and any in NH some day?

DerangedHermit

Supposedly they'll open their first LI location in Deer Park next year.

CTAmeshopper

It's good that they're finally coming here ABOUT TIME!  ;D

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Caldor1999 on July 04, 2010, 03:57:02 PM
it would be much better if they stired to open more locations in the new york metropolitan aria that would help me

Is Danbury, Connecticut closer to you?

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Sonic-coming-to-Danbury-615175.php