Main Menu

Sonic

Started by Caldor1999, July 27, 2005, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Seriously.  They advertise like mad here in the northeast, yet there's none around.  I think it's some sort of ad campaign so when you actually travel near a Sonic you will go there because of all the hype.

Exactly Chris....and it is....the burgers are OVER-HYPED. That drive thru feature is great though......I was in one in Texas....3 years about ago.....hot as hell out but nice.:hurt:
JN

videogamer75

videogamer75

THERE IS NOW A SONIC IN MILLVILLE, NJ IN THE TARGET PLAZA!!!!! :roll:

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
THERE IS NOW A SONIC IN MILLVILLE, NJ IN THE TARGET PLAZA!!!!! :roll:

Yeah they need to update them on the websites...heh
JN

XISMZERO

So Sonic has penetrated the New Jersey market... this means it's only a matter of time before a New England invasion.

I second Chris... I've been seeing these ads for over ten years -- they win the 'most advertised award for no stores within a 300 mile radius.'
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
So Sonic has penetrated the New Jersey market... this means it's only a matter of time before a New England invasion.

I second Chris... I've been seeing these ads for over ten years -- they win the 'most advertised award for no stores within a 300 mile radius.'

And I 3rd Chris.....Im out in the center of NJ woods and was like F that we will NEVER see ONE of these.....then low and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehold. :flaming:
JN

videogamer75

I was going to eat at that Sonic, but we decided to get Taco Bell instead, because the taco bell in Vineland is really nice, clean, and good food.

So the Millville location is the first south jersey location, and the first location anywhere near me.

beachgal26

Hey guys, I am an expert on Sonic.  When we moved to TN several years, the fact that they were around the corner let us know that it must be a good area.

I can't go a day without my large unsweet tea and their wraps, coney dogs, breakfast sandwiches and cheese sticks can't be beat.  Where else can you go at 7 am  or midnight and pick up a grilled cheese???

:yup:   :yup:  :yup:

Valerie

I really want to go to sonic...one day Chris and I are gonna go. We went to White Castle all the way in Paterson, NJ...fun road trips

beachgal26

Valerie, once you go for the first time, you will always go back.  Even though I am not a burger person, they have a wide variety of stuff and are open super late in the summer (at least around here).

Let me know what you and Chris think of it!

:yup:

amesman

I tried one on US 13 in Virginia I believe it was.. in front of a Food Lion. Anyway..it was pretty good. Think I got a burger.. I know I got a milkshake. Haven't been back to one since, although I'd like to try that one in New Jersey.

patk

to all in the Northeast Sonic's are on the way:yup:

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
here are the available Markets for sonic :D
California – Fresno, Monterey, Santa Barbara, Ventura Counties
Connecticut
Florida – Gainesville, Orlando, Tampa
Georgia – Atlanta
Iowa – Des Moines
Kentucky – Eastern
Louisiana – New Orleans
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota – Northern area, Mankato
Missouri – St. Louis
Nevada – Reno
New Hampshire
New Jersey – Essex County, Hudson County
New York
North Carolina – Durham, Greensboro, Raleigh/Durham
Ohio – Steubenville
Rhode Island
South Carolina – Charleston, Greenville, Spartanburg
Vermont
Washington, DC area
West Virginia
Wyoming

there are Sonics in WV and there is still much of PA they are not in! amnd they are not around Cleveland too!

Caldor1999

hmm closest one to me is allll the way in jersey they need to start moveing into new york cause im dieing to try there food but it annoys me 4 years after starting this thred and still no sonic in new york
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

wwefan101

we got space in town for one that will be soooo fun

Marc82

I wish they would open here in CT. We've got that vacant McDonald's across the street from ESPN. It's only 3 or 4 miles from the 84 off ramp. Or if they want to be closer than that to the highway, there's room to build out parcels in the new Target Plaza on 229.

videogamer75

I ate there three times at the one in Millville, NJ. It's great, and well worth the money. :)

XDeSuEhTX

Sonic is good every once in a while when I feel like offing myself with greasy fast-food. Can't resist their Coney Dog.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

wwefan101

ther food looks sooooo good on ther ads  mabye one day i will get to go to one  just ike when i  use to say one day i  will go to a super walmart and 2  years ago  in march  that happend then i sayed the same one day webster will get a tacobell and we did

retailfan

There food isnt that great  Dog And Suds is much better
They had sonics in Indiana and they all closed up after they bought the Dog and suds Ironicaly Dog and suds are coming back and took over the Sonic that was dog and suds in  Ft Wayne Indiana most of the Indianapolis stores have been demolished  

Mervyns

Has anyone seen their old logo, which i assume is from the 80's? sonics in PA and NJ so far:
Denver
Morgantown
Royersford
Lancaster
Millville

videogamer75

There's also one in Waretown, NJ. Also, it's just Millville not Millsville.

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
There's also one in Waretown, NJ. Also, it's just Millville not Millsville.

I know the town is Millville, just a slip of the hand.

EddieJ1984

Found this image online, its from the 70s and in texas

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by EddieJ1984
Found this image online, its from the 70s and in texas

nice find im still waitng for them to come to ny i dont undertsand why they would advertise in states that dont have a sonic
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
nice find im still waitng for them to come to ny i dont undertsand why they would advertise in states that dont have a sonic  

Well, you may not have to wait too much longer....

If anyone is in the Kingston (NY) area, go check out that smallish building being built in the front of the ShopRite parking lot on (well, off of) 9W - I am 99.9% certain the sign (around the back, toward the ShopRite) said something like Sonic coming soon!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

Well, you may not have to wait too much longer....

If anyone is in the Kingston (NY) area, go check out that smallish building being built in the front of the ShopRite parking lot on (well, off of) 9W - I am 99.9% certain the sign (around the back, toward the ShopRite) said something like Sonic coming soon!

well then that will be much closer to me but Kingston is kinda far from were i am im more torwards new york city than albany
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by patk
here are the available Markets for sonic :D
California – Fresno, Monterey, Santa Barbara, Ventura Counties
Connecticut
Florida – Gainesville, Orlando, Tampa
Georgia – Atlanta
Iowa – Des Moines
Kentucky – Eastern
Louisiana – New Orleans
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota – Northern area, Mankato
Missouri – St. Louis
Nevada – Reno
New Hampshire
New Jersey – Essex County, Hudson County
New York
North Carolina – Durham, Greensboro, Raleigh/Durham
Ohio – Steubenville
Rhode Island
South Carolina – Charleston, Greenville, Spartanburg
Vermont
Washington, DC area
West Virginia
Wyoming

there are Sonics in WV and there is still much of PA they are not in! amnd they are not around Cleveland too!

THEY ARE PUTTING A SONIC ON PEABODY MASS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lats summer I had a sonic DRive in in Van Wert Ohio take 15 minutes to give me my food, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??? ITS FAST FOOD/ I was annoyed with the person who gave me my food and how come (IT WAS NOT BECAUSE I WAS ANNOYED) he put my tray on the hood of the car that spilled my drink!

TRU7536

Rumors are going around they are looking at the former Krispie Kreme building on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
Rumors are going around they are looking at the former Krispie Kreme building on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington.

Tell them to go look at the old Taco Bell in Bristol and The Old Ponderosa in Southington. And the old Jaguar Dealership in Southington as well. <smirk>