Hardee's/Carl's Jr.

Started by HoJofan206, March 30, 2005, 02:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

Has anyone noticed how many Hardee's restaurants have gone out of business over the past 5 years?  They used to be EVERYWHERE and now you find so many "ghost" buildings along the highways and hometowns across the country.  What did you like best about Hardee's?  and least?
I currently like the slammer burgers, but they are a bit costly for what you get.

thedisneystore967

my parent have this thing called the Hardee's award. it came about when my parents went to a extremly dirty hardee's reataurant. Now every restaurant that is really filthy gets the hardee's award.

store215

The Hardee's down south (Carolina's) are real nice, at least the ones we ate at during a road trip fo Florida. They are all updated, clean, and food that beats McBurgerKing hands down.

The few remaining ones in PA, which we passed on a school trip to Gettysburg, were still using the 80's-early 90's color scheme and logo(before the Carls. Jr Buyout). I saw many closed ones too.

SomeBeach

We have about 10 Hardee's in Michigan, we used to have over 100. One that I frequented was only open for 6 years! (Closed 1995, still empty!) One that's still open actually went Burger Chef -> Hardee's -> Burger King -> Hardee's!

shakethis1234

I think they are still open not in the north east

shakethis1234

tokensafari

The ones around here are barely operating! They were really popular when i was little, but now they are slowly fading away. Why? Because Wendy's, Taco Bell, Mcdonalds, and Subway. I think more & more Burger King will head this way.

HoJofan206

Burger King is a chain that is hurting as well.  We have lost 3 of them here in my hometown over the past few years.  We have also lost 4 or 5 Hardee's locations.  Arby's took their locations and built new stores.

tokensafari

I think places like: Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Mcdonalds are hurting restuarants like Hardees and Burger King. Although i think Burger King is in a much better position than Hardees.

will

Our Hardee's was only open 10 years. The building is still empty as well as 2 others nearby. I remember it was kind of clean, but not spotless. The fried chicken was good and the burgers.

XDeSuEhTX

Yeah, I've noticed that over the past 10 years or so, you don't see Hardee's as much. I saw it all the time when I was younger. It is true, I've noticed in the highway side restaurant clusters, Hardee's isn't there anymore. Though the ones near me seem to be doing pretty well for themselves. I enjoy their food, it blows away Mc'Donalds or Wendy's (IMO). I don't understand what happened. :-?
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

LazarusFan

I remember going to a Hardee's in Clifton Forge, VA heading back on our Washington DC trip.  The place was alright.  One of mine classmates bought a California rasin and he did some sick stuff with it.  Good times. good times.:bigsmile:

Are there any Hardee's restaurant left in the Huntington area?  There's one in Cricleville, OH and another in Greenup, KY.

HoJofan206

Remember those stupid Hardee's commercials from a few years back.  My least favorite was the one where the guy talked about his car being broken down and all he wanted was some fries and only Hardee's was around and he wondered how they could screw up french fries.  How un-flattering is that?

HoJofan206

Another stupid Hardee's slogan was the: "Now introducing longer lines at Hardee's".  It was meant to make you think your food was being prepared to order, but most people took it as a slow long wait for fast food.  Bad idea alltogether. :yup:

amesman

There were 3 Hardee's restaurants in Albany:

Colonie: Central Avenue(Route 5): Became Boston Market - Now a pizza place.

Latham: Troy Schenectady Road(Route 7): Now King Buffet

Clifton Park: Route 146: Not sure of its status. May be another restaurant.

tokensafari

Rt. 60: Still operating, but is still struggling.

Downtown: Doing well. They do like classic car shows there once a month, so i think that helps. It's a nice location and is clean too.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
There were 3 Hardee's restaurants in Albany:

Colonie: Central Avenue(Route 5): Became Boston Market - Now a pizza place.

Latham: Troy Schenectady Road(Route 7): Now King Buffet

Clifton Park: Route 146: Not sure of its status. May be another restaurant.

The Clifton Park one was converted into a bank branch (at the time Troy Savings, now owned by First Niagara - they actually moved from a location across Rt. 9).  I think it still is a bank, but haven't been that way recently so I can't be sure.

amesman

oh, ok. cool. Thanks for the info :)

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

French fries bag with there old slogan. Boy I miss this place. My Hardees opened in 1972 and closed in the early 90's. I sat abandon until 2001 when it became a Burger King. It's in Horsham Pa.

http://www.sorabji.com/foundcrap/I/hardees.html

HoJofan206

Abandoned Hardee's in Evansville Indiana

HoJofan206

Another shot of the same building..

HoJofan206

Here is one of the few remaining Hardee's in Evansville.  This was the last one to be opened.  Around 1992 or so.

HoJofan206

Here is a pic of the "NEW" 2006 Hardee's logo....

storehistoryguy

HoJofan206

df559

A Carl's Jr. near me burned down yesterday... (They run Hardee's on the East Coast)