Hardee's/Carl's Jr.

Started by HoJofan206, March 30, 2005, 02:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by wiseguy93
check out this formerly Hardee's Frist time I have seen one this. I have never seen one become a Laundromat. This one is in Newport News Va. Soaps N' Suds Laundromat

Hey wiseguy, welcome back and thanks for the pics!!!!!!!
JN

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by wiseguy93
check out this formerly Hardee's Frist time I have seen one this. I have never seen one become a Laundromat. This one is in Newport News Va. Soaps N' Suds Laundromat

There is a former Taco Bell in southern NJ that became a laundromat in 2003 after being closed for five years. now it's a starbucks.

I've never eaten at a hardee's before, but i would like to try their food. :yup:

XDeSuEhTX

I can't eat Hardee's anymore. It so unhealthy I just can't, I get bad indigestion. I haven't ate there really in a year.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

nims57

Hardee's was franchised by American Stores in the Philadelphia area.

TenPoundHammer

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Has anyone noticed how many Hardee's restaurants have gone out of business over the past 5 years?  They used to be EVERYWHERE and now you find so many "ghost" buildings along the highways and hometowns across the country.  What did you like best about Hardee's?  and least?
I currently like the slammer burgers, but they are a bit costly for what you get.

The ones in Michigan were nearly gone way before that. I count over 100 former Hardee's in Michigan, most of which were gone before 1997. One, in Pinconning, is still vacant about 14 years after closing (and it opened in 1989 too; ouch!). Pics: http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/malldirectories/hardees/hardees.html

rjstheiv

Hardee's must be one of the best fast food chains out there. The burgers actually taste real, unlike McDonalds that taste like they are soaked in swamp water. ;)

HoJofan206

Here is a photo of an abandoned Hardee's located in the southeast side of Indianapolis.

Mervyns

The ONLY one in my area closed in the 2000s and was remodeled into an Arby's. They were owned by Acme. There was one in Hershey PA that closed years ago as well... now a local bank.

retailfan

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Here is a photo of an abandoned Hardee's located in the southeast side of Indianapolis.
where on the Southeast sde is that ?
I didnt know of any on the southside  boarded up

HoJofan206

7454 Mendenhall Rd. on the Southwestside

XDeSuEhTX

Just tried their onion rings the other day, they're great. lol

Also, I'm normally not a breakfast person, but they have the best in fast food, imo.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

The Adamantium Elbow

Sadly I don't think there are any Hardee's restaurants left around Pittsburgh. The last ones I remember were in Monroeville and Millvale. The one in Monroeville became a Kenny Rogers' Roasters for a while then a Starbuck's. The one in Millvale closed I think. Such a sin too because I thought it was so cool how they had this dumbwaiter looking thing that carried food from the kitchen over a section of the dining room and to the drive thru booth.

GothicPrincess

QuoteOriginally posted by The Adamantium Elbow
Sadly I don't think there are any Hardee's restaurants left around Pittsburgh. The last ones I remember were in Monroeville and Millvale. The one in Monroeville became a Kenny Rogers' Roasters for a while then a Starbuck's. The one in Millvale closed I think. Such a sin too because I thought it was so cool how they had this dumbwaiter looking thing that carried food from the kitchen over a section of the dining room and to the drive thru booth.  

On the Hardees locator, Millvale is still there...same on google maps. 1201 North Ave, Millvale.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

The Adamantium Elbow

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
QuoteOriginally posted by The Adamantium Elbow

On the Hardees locator, Millvale is still there...same on google maps. 1201 North Ave, Millvale.

Cool thanks I'll have to stop by next time I'm over that way.

videogamer75

Here is a Hardee's racecar that I own.

nims57

I saw an abandoned Hardee's and Pizza Hut in Uniontown, PA last summer.

retailisking

There was a Hardee's in Brattleboro, VT on Putney Road.  It was open roughly 1985-1991.  The owner of the franchise, Albert Schutzman, died in February.  Were there any other locations in Vermont?  I seem to recall them being in Western Mass in roughly the same time frame, too.

ynkeesfn82

Hardee's is making a come back in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Jersey. Back in the day when my Mom was growing up they had on in New Britain, Connecticut next to New Brite Plaza where McDonald's is now.

http://courantblogs.com/ct-real-estate/burger-joint-hardees-to-return-to-connecticut/

retailisking

Quote from: Marc B on September 30, 2013, 07:14:19 PM
Hardee's is making a come back in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Jersey.

Hard to imagine them succeeding now when they couldn't cut it in the region last time. Sure, burgers are all the rage, but Five Guys, Red Robin, and a host of others got here first, to say nothing of the firmly-entrenched Big 3. The timing is interesting, as their parent company recently put CKE on the block:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/24/us-cke-sale-idUSBRE96N1J120130724

Hudsons81

Photo #1 shows an ex-Hardee's in Riverview, Michigan, which was at 17168 Fort Street. First opened around 1974, torn down and rebuilt sometime during the 1980's, closed nearly two decades ago. It was later re-occupied by Kola's Food Factory and is now EZ Epicure.

Photo #2 shows an ex-Burger Chef-turned Hardee's in Lincoln Park, Michigan, which was at 1817 Dix Highway, across from the Sears shopping center. This one was later at least two independent restaurants: Leon's and currently, Charlie's.

Photo #3 shows another ex-Hardee's in Lincoln Park, this one at 4086 Fort Street. This particular one, which was already operating at the time Burger Chef went out of business in 1983 (and a BC was already operating across Fort Street in a building that was eventually demolished for a Burger King) was a casualty of the 1997 bankruptcy-triggered closures and was converted into a Wendy's then and still operates as one today.

david121

There used to be one in NY State near Syracuse? Or maybe it was a Carl's Jr?

Either way there's a small number in Florida.

Hudsons81

Quote from: david121 on October 19, 2014, 10:59:38 AM

That would definitely be a Hardee's-Carl's Jr. was and is still confined to the western states, although both chains do share the same nationally-televised commercials.

TheFugitive

The only Hardees in my area is a franchised store in Millvale, PA, a few
miles north of Pittsburgh.  Not too convenient to where I live.  I understand
the owner there deviates from the standard menu by offering buckets of fried
chicken or something.

david121

Quote from: Hudsons81 on October 19, 2014, 04:43:15 PM
Quote from: david121 on October 19, 2014, 10:59:38 AM

That would definitely be a Hardee's-Carl's Jr. was and is still confined to the western states, although both chains do share the same nationally-televised commercials.

This store closed no later than 2002 and that was being generous in how late they closed. I never ate there however.

MikeRa

I always see the Hardees/Carl's Jr commericals in the Philadelphia area, and there is no Hardees in the area.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Hudsons81

For me, the closest Hardee's locations (of which there are two) are all the way on the opposite side of the Detroit area from where I am. And I too may hear Hardee's/Carl's commercials on the national networks occasionally.

zonemad96

Is it a common theme at all hardee's to not have half of the items they sell on their menu or is it just the hardee's I go to? When I look online they have a much larger menu then they do in the store and when you ask them if they have these things they say yes but it is nowhere to be found on the menu.

TheFugitive

Apparently they have landed themselves in controversy again with another Super Bowl
ad featuring a hot, scantily clad young woman suggestively eating a hamburger.

http://abc7.com/society/women-outraged-by-naked-model-in-carls-jr-super-bowl-ad/486706/

Yawn.  Naked? Not hardly.
I see young women wearing less walking down virtually every sidewalk
in the summer.   These people need to get a life.

Hudsons81

A new Hardee's is now under construction in Woodhaven, Michigan, where a Shell station used to stand.

(photo courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205298452171312&set=p.10205298452171312&type=3&theater)

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

In Australia, Hardee's was called Hartee's, and was franchised by Kellogg's. In the 1960s and 1970s, Hartee's brought fast food hamburgers into Australia before McDonald's and Hungry Jack's (a Burger King franchise) were introduced.

The Hartee's Restaurant in Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia.

This blog tells of the rise and fall of Hartee's in Australia (in a five part saga):
https://pastlivesofthenearfuture.com/tag/hartees/