Hardee's/Carl's Jr.

Started by HoJofan206, March 30, 2005, 02:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

df559

No cars will be coming through here for a long time...

df559

Poor melted up Happy Star carcass!

df559

Sign out by the road... This is part of a larger sign for the shopping center. (Originally had 4 panels, 1 with the center name, 1 for Alpha Beta, 1 for Payless Super Drug and 1 for Carl's)

df559

I drove past here yesterday. Someone stole the menus from the drive-thru!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

df559

The fire started with an electrical short in the attic. The building was built in 1979 and had a history of electrical problems according to news reports.

NJxxJon

ah , well, ...

Once the place burns down ....i guess....you could have the menus....id want them....to remind me of good ol times... :warning:
JN

BillyGr

A former Hardees on Route 7 that is now a Chinese buffet.  This one closed quite a few years ago (10 or so) and was one of only a couple ever in this area (Clifton Park had one, there was also one in Cobleskill, don't know of others in the Albany area).

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
A former Hardees on Route 7 that is now a Chinese buffet.  This one closed quite a few years ago (10 or so) and was one of only a couple ever in this area (Clifton Park had one, there was also one in Cobleskill, don't know of others in the Albany area).

There was one on Central Avenue in next to the Colonie Diner, at the entrance to the Price Chopper Plaza. It went from Hardees to Boston Market, and is now a pizza place.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
There was one on Central Avenue in next to the Colonie Diner, at the entrance to the Price Chopper Plaza. It went from Hardees to Boston Market, and is now a pizza place.

How did I forget that one?

amesman

It happens to the best of us man..especially with the retail fans, having to remember all this stuff like what store closed when, and what went into it, and all this stuff...hehe

beezer210

Here's the recently closed Hardee's in Dillsburg, PA, about 20 min. north of Gettysburg on Rt. 15.  I used to stop here on the way to school, but I guess that won't happen anymore:

XISMZERO

Ate at Hardee's twice when I visited Florida way back in the day. I used to like their curly fries. They seem to be a victim of harsh press and abomindable health violations which probably earns them the clunker prize of worst places to dine fast.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

StarSage

My grandparents used to Winter in Florida and their drive from upstate New York would always include a stopover or two at a Hardee's. They had a collection of coffee mugs.

One Winter I remember my family making the trip to visit the grandparents and we made certain we stopped at Hardee's. Their buttermilk biscuit breakfast sandwhiches were excellent. Although, knowing what I know now of their ingrediants.. my stomach churns at the thought of digesting one.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by StarSage
Their buttermilk biscuit breakfast sandwhiches were excellent. Although, knowing what I know now of their ingrediants.. my stomach churns at the thought of digesting one.

Oh I hear ya buddy. I cringe everytime I see McDonalds or Burger King unveil a triple hamburger with cheese, mayo and bacon. How can you recover from such a saturated impact of grossness? My heart ached in fear when Hardee's unveiled that controversal one million calorie thing (don't remember what it was...) last year.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

tomasher

I drive from the Philadelphia area to Dover, DE about three times a year to visit a Hardee's.  LOVE their food.  Monster Thickburger, fries, and a Pibb.

There was a Hardee's near the intersection of PA 73 and PA 100 in the Gilbertsville, PA area.  Last time I checked (I go to Zern's Farmer's Market on occasion), it was a pizza joint.

beachgal26

I used to see quite a few when I lived up north and also in the Orlando area.  It was nice since they had more things than just burgers and I remember that they had good ham & cheese sandwiches and hot dogs.

An interesting bit of trivia - my daughter and I were standing in line at lunchtime in our local Hardees in Kissimmee, FL when we all looked out the window to see the space shuttle take off when we realized that it was the Challenger exploding.  It left a very spooky "Y" in the sky that stayed that way for the entire rest of the day!

:( :( :(

HoJofan206

Former Hardee's turned Taco Tiera

shakethis1234

whys did so many closed did they go bankrupt

HoJofan206

Hardee's is still around, but yes, they have had lots of locations close down.  I think they have a difficult time coming up with an image that people associate them with.

HoJofan206

Former Decatur Illinois location

HoJofan206

This is a typical Hardee's today.

jmann

I remember there was one on Chase ave. in Waterbury CT. I
believe it closed in the late 70's/early 80's. It was about the only fast food my parents would eat. Ever since then it's been a series of strip clubs.

FearlessSwan

Former Hardee's Largo, FL

This may have been one as well.

Winter Haven, FL

Crawford

Here in Rhode Island, Hardee's bought out most of the remaining Burger Chefs about 1983-1984. They all closed within a year. I don't believe there are any Hardee's at all in New England or at least close to me
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

videogamer75

I have a big race car model from the 90's that has the hardee's old logo on it. it is sponsoring (what was back then) NASCAR number 28, Cale Yarborough.

wiseguy93

The ones here in my area of Southwest Virginia, and Eastern Kentucky and Northeast Tennessee are still open. We have one in about every town. In Wise County there is five. About every town in Wise Co has a Hardee's.

wiseguy93

Here's a former Hardee's it closed down about 1990, it moved about a mile or two down the road to a new shopping center and is still open there, when I get the time I'll take a picture of it, but for now here's a picture of the old Hardee's it was built about the same time all of them in Wise County Virginia was built and that was the late 1970's. This Hardee's was located on Main Street right in center of the city of Norton, Virginia. Built right beside of Long John's Silver, and Pizza Hut. They have all closed since and all are something else. It is now a  Yamato Japanesse Steak House.

wiseguy93

check out this formerly Hardee's Frist time I have seen one this. I have never seen one become a Laundromat. This one is in Newport News Va. Soaps N' Suds Laundromat