American Steakhouse

Started by FearlessSwan, June 13, 2008, 04:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessSwan

A small Connecticut-based chain (five locations according to its website) of cafeteria-style restaurants. I had no idea they were still around, weird logo and all.

The Norwalk location (pictured) used to be in a small strip mall next to the Bradlees (now Wal-Mart) and eventually moved across the street (along with the Radio Shack) to make room for Home Depot.

ynkeesfn82

Just got an email from a friend of mine who lives in Wolcott, CT. He tells me that American Steakhouse in the Shoprite Plaza on Wolcott Street has closed. That's surprising. They've been there forever. Last year at this time Shoprite Plaza was 100% occupied. Now there's just Shoprite, Sleepy's, Royal Buffet, Gamestop, and a Free-Standing Taco Bell left. 4 vacancies - TJ MAXX, PETCO, Casual Male, and now American Steakhouse.

ynkeesfn82

The Tartaglia Family has closed down the American Steakhouse in West Haven now. They are demolishing the building to build an Aspen Dental.

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20150424/demolition-of-former-american-steakhouse-on-sawmill-road-in-west-haven-begins

Meriden, Bridgeport, and Norwalk remain open.