Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

Ever been to Nashville, Tennessee?  There seem to be 14 car pile-ups
everyplace you go in that town.

Ameskid

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 28, 2015, 08:34:30 AM
Ever been to Nashville, Tennessee?  There seem to be 14 car pile-ups
everyplace you go in that town.
Just visited a couple of weekends ago - incidentally, it was highway construction that caused the major headaches while in town.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

giantsfan2016

My friend Richie who is a DJ on LaMega the Spanish Radio station in East Hartford got hit when he was driving to the radio station Saturday to do his show. He's okay and will return to the airwaves tomorrow night for the LaMega Club Mix Show. Richie broadcasts his Friday and Sunday Shows from LaMega on Facebook Live. He had this past Friday off (the night before the accident) and did a Facebook Live from his house talking about his upcoming Sunday Night Show and some other things. Someone asked him about the scar on his forehead and he said it was from a car accident 3 years ago. Now when I head about his accident on Saturday and sent him a "Get Well Soon" message I also mentioned "Stop talking about previous accidents you jinxed yourself."

I was almost in one on Monday. My friend Kyle from Philly (well not Philly proper) FB messaged me on Sunday telling me he would be in town Sunday and Monday because he was taking his kids to the Little League Tournament in neighboring Bristol and asked me if I wanted to get together on Monday. I responded sure. So it's about 12:42PM when he picks me up at ShopRite Plaza in Southington. A fellow radio enthusiast he wanted to see the radio station where I worked from 2002-2004. So we leave the plaza and make a right onto Queen Street. Traffic of course is heavy. We're in the right lane because we have to get on I-84 West up ahead. We've just made it to the edge of the driveway of the Exxon station next to the plaza and a guy flew out of the gas station, almost hits us, and gets into the left lane. Now being from Philly Kyle has seen some bad driving in his day, but nothing like that.

TheFugitive

Knock on wood, I have only had two serious accidents in my life.
Both occurred when I was 16 and still learning how to drive.

In both cases a song by Heart was playing on the radio.
It's about the only superstition I have.  If I am driving and a Heart song
comes on I will lunge to change the station.

giantsfan2016

Was not involved. Saw this on Twitter. This is what happens when a GMC Terrain takes on a school bus. Amazingly no one got hurt!

giantsfan2016

WE WERE NOT INVOLVED.

My Mom and I witnessed an accident on Queen Street in Southington on Friday. About quarter to 3PM. We were driving in the right lane heading from Uptown Consignment to Aldi. Traffic in both lanes is bumper to bumper as usual. I notice an sedan waiting to make a left hand turn onto Queen Street from McDonald's. I say to my Mom "Look at this idiot trying to make a left hand turn onto Queen Street." She sees the car too. All of a sudden the woman pulls out of the McDonald's parking lot to make the left and plows right into a vehicle in the left lane. Both my Mom and I are like "WTF? Did that just really happen?" A woman gets out of the sedan and starts walking across Queen Street. I don't know if she was going to check on the person in the vehicle she hit or if she was taking off. Not wanting to get stuck in the mess Mom and I cut through the McDoanld's parking lot followed in to the road that runs in back of the parking lot of the little strip mall to where it comes out onto Interstate Park Drive. We make a left on to IPD and the a right onto Queen and continue to Aldi.

giantsfan2016

Wednesday Morning my Mom and I were in a minor fender bender. We were driving to Walmart on Queen Street before my first shift at BJs because my damn belt broke. (Not the leather part either. The metal part). We were in heavy traffic in the left lane. A young girl in a Toyota Corolla cut off the tractor trailer that was in back of my Mom and I and then bang she hit the rear of my Mom's Honda Civic. We get out. There is no damage to either car. The young girl apologizes. We don't exchange info and continue on our way. She continues driving like a maniac all the way down Queen Street, where she turns into the Walmart Plaza and turns into the parking area where the liquor store is. (After watching her continue to drive like a maniac I felt we should've gotten her plate number and called the police).