AMESFANCLUB
August 17, 2017, 07:06:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/11/17 - In the coming days I will be doing some clean-up on the forums - organizing topics better, adding new boards, etc. Can't tell you when it will be finished. I have plenty of time to do it, but the question is motivation. LOL. - Peace out Your Favorite Admin - Brammy.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Car accidents  (Read 16258 times)
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2015, 07:34:30 AM »

Ever been to Nashville, Tennessee?  There seem to be 14 car pile-ups
everyplace you go in that town.
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2015, 09:22:33 AM »

Ever been to Nashville, Tennessee?  There seem to be 14 car pile-ups
everyplace you go in that town.
Just visited a couple of weekends ago - incidentally, it was highway construction that caused the major headaches while in town.

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
Brammy
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »

My friend Richie who is a DJ on LaMega the Spanish Radio station in East Hartford got hit when he was driving to the radio station Saturday to do his show. He's okay and will return to the airwaves tomorrow night for the LaMega Club Mix Show. Richie broadcasts his Friday and Sunday Shows from LaMega on Facebook Live. He had this past Friday off (the night before the accident) and did a Facebook Live from his house talking about his upcoming Sunday Night Show and some other things. Someone asked him about the scar on his forehead and he said it was from a car accident 3 years ago. Now when I head about his accident on Saturday and sent him a "Get Well Soon" message I also mentioned "Stop talking about previous accidents you jinxed yourself."

I was almost in one on Monday. My friend Kyle from Philly (well not Philly proper) FB messaged me on Sunday telling me he would be in town Sunday and Monday because he was taking his kids to the Little League Tournament in neighboring Bristol and asked me if I wanted to get together on Monday. I responded sure. So it's about 12:42PM when he picks me up at ShopRite Plaza in Southington. A fellow radio enthusiast he wanted to see the radio station where I worked from 2002-2004. So we leave the plaza and make a right onto Queen Street. Traffic of course is heavy. We're in the right lane because we have to get on I-84 West up ahead. We've just made it to the edge of the driveway of the Exxon station next to the plaza and a guy flew out of the gas station, almost hits us, and gets into the left lane. Now being from Philly Kyle has seen some bad driving in his day, but nothing like that.

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2017, 08:08:50 AM »

Knock on wood, I have only had two serious accidents in my life.
Both occurred when I was 16 and still learning how to drive.

In both cases a song by Heart was playing on the radio.
It's about the only superstition I have.  If I am driving and a Heart song
comes on I will lunge to change the station.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: