Main Menu

Car accidents

Started by wwefan101, June 01, 2008, 10:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

well i didn't really get into much of an accident today but i was driving down to long island and i got off the exit to get to my sisters place and there's a stop sign and i stooped and waited to merge into the other highway since there were so many cars some guy driving a black Hyundai aka a bootleg Honda rear ended me as i was stooped at the stop sign lucky there was no damage to my car or his but it felt like he hit me really hard  

whats ironic is that the same car that hit me today was the same car i rear ended nearly a year ago
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

jmcnamara96

I was at the gas station with my mom and was pumping her gas and saw a guy back into a light pole and it fell hard luckly in the other direction tho

wwefan101

thats common here pepole hiteing light poles it   i think some one hit on at walmart in oxford last wee when we went to turn around in the parking lot they had 2 rows of parking taped off wich lookedlike they  put a new pole in or somthing.

jmcnamara96

hahaha its not normal here but it happens a few times

wwefan101

yea i live nare a really  busy intersection  and thers one pole that trucks love to take out ift its not the pole its one of the crose walk  singals wich   is always laying on the ground at least evey other week hopefuley when they  update the intersection in the fall to  early sprig of 2010 they  make it so they cant hit them i might try geting video of the next big wreck that happens  the cops dont care ift i take vid  or pics of any thing that happens

wwefan101

thers been a tone of deadley accidnets around here hers a vid i made passing one one day  its not one of the deadley ones but still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT6lTeFlnFQ

Marc82

Some woman in a Trailblazer backed into me as I was backing out of a parking space at the Ames Plaza in Southington today.

wwefan101

fun any pics of the damage or any injurys

Marc82

No injuries or damage. Just some scrape marks on the back of my car. They'll just buff out, if I get it fixed. It's 15 years old and the whole thing has to be painted to fix the damage I did in my last accident 2 1/2 years ago. I don't work and have no money for a paint job, so it'll stat as is.

wwefan101

Caldor1999

well my car is totaled after a guy smashed into it while it was parked outside my house heres the damage what i probbly gonna do now is get myself another civic u just don't know when

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

and heres what i replaced it with

Caldor Forever!

nims57

GothicPrincess

Caldor1999, I'm sorry your car got totalled, but your new one is pretty :)
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

gu4ever

There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

Caldor1999

Quote from: GothicPrincess on April 18, 2010, 04:45:20 PM
Caldor1999, I'm sorry your car got totalled, but your new one is pretty :)

thanks yeah i got like a good amount for my old car i thought it would be worth less what with all the miles on it and the rust stain on the trunk i have to say i really like it i still od miss my old one but i guess everyone feels that way about their first car
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Quote from: nims57 on April 14, 2010, 07:13:05 PM
Was he drunk?

na he wasn't i think he just wasn't paying any attention probs speeding or texting but he wasn't drunk
Caldor Forever!

ynkeesfn82

About a month ago there were 3 car accidents in 3 days along a 2 mile stretch of Queen Street (Route 10) in Southington, CT.

In the crash on Monday a guy pulling out of Taco Bell hit a pick up truck.

In the crash on Tuesday (which I didn't see, but heard from several people about) a couple of vehicles were involved at the intersection of Queen Street and Loper Street by the Price Chopper.

In the Wednesday Crash multiple vehicles were involved right before the entrance to Walmart.

Then last Friday a car rear-ended another car in the Shoprite Plaza.

And last night an animal ran into the side of my car as I was driving up Redstone Hill in Plainville. Neither myself nor my passenger were hurt (just scared), but there's some signifigant damage to my car..

jmcnamara96

I was heading home from Maine last weekend hit some black ice did a 180 into a ditch

ynkeesfn82

This is what happens when a deer runs into a '95 Pontiac Sunfire when you're drving it at 35 MPH.

ynkeesfn82

I don't have any pics, but my Mom's '06 Chevy Malibu was more than likely totaled this afternoon when she was hit head on by a PT Cruiser when she was pulling out of Shoprite Plaza in Southington going up Interstate Park Drive towards Home Depot. Fortunately my Mom wasn't injured, but she has some burns on her arms from the airbags.

TheFugitive

I was working in retail management and my wife was pregnant with our second child.
It was a long and difficult pregnancy.  Almost ten months!  We were in a rural Michigan
county and the old doctor there did not believe in inducing.  (he delivered all the babies
in that county, and truth be known, probably half the calves too).

At the exact time when my wife was dragging herself through Month Ten of a pregnancy my employer up and promotes me, transferring me to a store in Ohio 3 1/2 hrs. away.  I was
frantically driving back and forth, checking on her and trying to get things under control in
that store as she stayed with her parents.

As luck would have it I was actually back in Michigan when she went into labor.
Our daughter was born at 3:35AM.  I went back to our rental house afterwards to get some sleep.
At 7AM the movers were knocking at my door.  By noon my stuff was on its way to Ohio.

At 1PM I was on my way back to the hospital.  I was heading north, stopped at a red light.
A pickup truck was on the opposite side of the intersection headed south.  The light turned
green and we began to pass each other in the intersection.  At that very moment a car ran
the red light on the side street to the west.  He slammed into the pickup truck.  Every piece
of junk in the bed of that truck flew up in the air and landed on my hood.

I was there another hour with the police filling out reports.  The officer congratulated me on the birth of my daughter and wished me well in Ohio.

Things did not go well in Ohio.  The most hideous job I ever held, or likely will ever have.
Reason #6,136 why I got the heck out of the retail business.

Obviously I never forget my daughter's birthday.

ynkeesfn82

What they say about taking your eyes off the road for just a second is true. Leaving work last night in the rain and the darkness. I stopped at the stop sign near Wendy's and was proceeding to leave the plaza, I took my eyes off the road for just a second and ended up hitting the curb very hard (almost hitting a tree), and blowing out two tires. I got the car safely across the street into the Taco Bell parking lot and while I was sitting there parked on the side of the parking lot (but not in a space) some guy backed into my car. No injuries and just minor damage.

Ameskid

Luckily not my wreck, but this happened right by my house a couple of weeks ago.  Not including pictures of the other car (a VW Jetta) because I'm not sure the driver was okay, but it was pretty much a head-on collision.

Accidents are far from uncommon at this intersection, which is right down the road from a highway exit. I believe it's one of the most dangerous ones in the county.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Hudsons81

I wasn't involved in this either-plus, this isn't even my photo-but this happened a couple weeks ago at an intersection a few blocks from my house.

And the corresponding article: http://thenewsherald.com/articles/2014/10/27/news/doc544ecafa19806866816968.txt

ynkeesfn82

There was a bad one the other night in Wolcott, CT right down the street from the night club where I used to be a DJ. I don't know how many vehicles were involved or how bad the injuries were, but Wolcott Road (State Road 69) was closed for more than 6 hours. They really messed up the intersection of Wolcott Road and Woodtick.  They should've put the traffic light at that intersection rather than the next intersection up, which is Woloctt Road and Long Swamp.

Hudsons81

Another accident I luckily wasn't in just happened a few minutes ago right by my house.

Ameskid

Chevrolet Malibu by Harvestman Man, on Flickr

Honda Pilot by Harvestman Man, on Flickr

And from an unrelated accident...

Ford Escape by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TheFugitive

Was involved in one a couple of weeks back.

I was headed back home from my parents' house.  Was traveling in the passing lane of a very busy four lane road (I needed to be there to make a left turn at the top of the hill).

There was very heavy traffic all around, including the opposite lanes.  Suddenly, in a maneuver I had not seen since the movie The French Connection, some lunatic came racing out of a gas station on the opposite side of the road.  He cut through two lanes of northbound traffic, just barely squeezing his way through.  He plunged into my southbound lane just a few yards ahead of me.

I had no time to do anything but swerve into the right lane.  I sideswiped a lady who had to pull to the curb.  The French Connection driver sped off at around 80MPH.  I thought perhaps he had just robbed that gas station.

Fortunately no one was injured, and the only damage occurred to the lady's car who I had sideswiped.  I did not hit her, but she bunged up two alloy wheels on the passenger side when she hit the curb.  A witness who was at the gas station came over and told the police that they saw the whole thing and there was absolutely nothing else I could do.

Which was true.  If I had hit the brakes I would not have stopped in time.  Would likely have killed myself and Mr. French Connection, and ruined the day of everyone who was coming up behind me.

Of course the driver who was the cause of the whole thing was long gone by the time the police arrived.

Ironically the very same thing happened to my boss on the same road about a week later.  He was not so lucky.  His car was totaled (though he walked away unharmed).

Hudsons81

This was the second one I've seen this week. It was blocking the left-turn and inner thru lanes of a major five-lane road right just past a major exit off of Interstate 75 and just before a large intersection with another busy road that even has a railroad track crossing through it. This happened yesterday afternoon.