Previous topic - Next topic

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
its in cary nc its nere Raleigh NC

I thought you lived in Lancaster PA!

patk

i do i was in cary nc for x-mas :insane:

dmx10101

Here's the just closed LNT in Buford, GA.

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Marc82

All the registers and shelving  is still in the one in the Plainville Commons. Sign is off the building leaving just a label scar. Windows for the most part of covered up. There is a For Lease call DDR (Developer's Diversified Realty) sign. It also mentions the space is a little over 35000 Sq. Feet. No pix. Sorry. Forgot my camera.

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

rjstheiv

wwefan101

i still hate  Linens 'n Things worst store for the rip off prices

Marc82

Wrong. Bed Bath Beyond is more expensive than LNT was.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
All the registers and shelving  is still in the one in the Plainville Commons. Sign is off the building leaving just a label scar. Windows for the most part of covered up. There is a For Lease call DDR (Developer's Diversified Realty) sign. It also mentions the space is a little over 35000 Sq. Feet. No pix. Sorry. Forgot my camera.

Update. I hear Best Buy is in talks with Developer's Diversified Realty for the Plainville Commons LNT location.

AmesNewington

Update. I hear Best Buy is in talks with Developer's Diversified Realty for the Plainville Commons LNT location.

What about Famous Footwear and Sleepy's?? Wouldn't Best Buy want a larger space?

retailfan

It could be they are looking for there new mobile concept
They were really trying to become a leader in mobile phones and displace Radio Shack carrying all 3 major providors Verizon Sprint And AT+T  
35000 seems pretty small for a full line best buy

wwefan101

i wonder how long the millbury ma one will  be empty

Zayre88

Investors acquire Linens 'N Things name; products to be back on store shelves in coming months

By HEATHER NOLAN
February, 11, 2009

As a limping economy causes some bankrupt retailers to disappear, there could be an afterlife.

Imagine, if you will, coming to a globally-known big-box retailer near you - Linens 'N Things.

The home décor store filed for bankruptcy last May. Its Beaumont store closed in December.

Canadian private equity firm Hilco Consumer Capital and Gordon Brothers Brands - a Boston-based company that purchases, sells and licenses brands and other intellectual property - last week agreed to purchase Linens 'N Things' name and logos, according to a Hilco news release.

The two companies will re-launch the Linens 'N Things name this year as a global licensed brand instead of as brick and mortar stores.

Whether the licensed strategy will become a trend and phase out brick and mortar stores remains to be seen, said K.C. Sen, Lamar University's marketing department chair.

If the economy continues to slump and more retail stores liquidate and close as a result of bankruptcy, Sen said companies may take a cue from Hilco and Gordon Brothers and license brand names to retailers.[/quote]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/business/local/investors_acquire_linens__n_things_name__products_to_be_back_on_store_shelves_in_coming_months_02-12-2009.html

Marc82

Some Discount Book Warehouse has temporarily leased the former LNT in the Plainville Commons. Meanwhile the employees at the Best Buy at The Meriden Square said they will be opening new stores in CT in the future but declined to say where. I tell you if a Best Buy and a Borders opens in Bristol, Southington, or Plainville I will never have to go to the Meriden Square Mall again. :-)

AmesNewington

I'm surprised that the Farmington location is still apparently vacant. That's near Westfarms. It's a prime location. Correct me if I'm wrong about it still being vacant.

Lastdaysofrain

The Salem, NH store is also being leased to a "By the Book" store, pretty cool store, lots of good deals on art books.

wwefan101

millbury ma i still vacent  i know it wont be a book store do to barns and noble being in the area

Marc82

Some Discount Book Warehouse has temporarily leased the former LNT in the Plainville Commons. Meanwhile the employees at the Best Buy at The Meriden Square said they will be opening new stores in CT in the future but declined to say where. I tell you if a Best Buy and a Borders opens in Bristol, Southington, or Plainville I will never have to go to the Meriden Square Mall again. :-)

Went to that book store in The Plainville LNT last Tuesday. They're using most of the store. The back portion is blocked off and is used for storage. They're using all of LNT's fixtures and shopping carts. All books there are75% regular retail prices. Some of these books they bought from Walmart as they still have Walmart stickers on them.  Some good deals there, tho I didn't bring money when I went. The only problem I have with the store is they have X-Rated Books out in the open where anyone (including children) can see them. According to the sign taped on the window this book store is also located in Waterbury in the former LNT on Wolcott Street.

momof3

Marc, I went there yesterday and was very impressed with the prices, like you said 75% off.  I got one book for my son and want to take the kids there next week to check it out when they are on vacation.

The LNT logo was still on the enterance as you walk in and the sheving and stuff was leftover too.  I will make sure to see where the X rated stuff is when my kids are there to keep them away from it.....

gu4ever

I was driving down route 93 south heading to the Southshore Mall in Braintree, MA. Just before exit 6 was this sign lit up as big as life. I had to do a double take on this one, at first I thought wow I haven't seen LNT around in awhile, then I said wait they closed last year?!! What's going on with this sign all lit up at night.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

The vacant store front of the former Linens N Things.

gu4ever

A single shopping cart remains in the snow filled parking lot.

gu4ever

The street sign as you enter the shopping plaza is now only half lit.