Linens and Things

Started by greg8370, May 02, 2008, 11:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg8370

nationwide.

GothicPrincess

I highly doubt it will be the one in Greensburg, they just built it a few years ago when they built the new Wal-Mart supercenter plaza...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

patk

it looks like CA will get it the most :insane:

Zayre88

Linens 'n Things also wants to sell its 40 Canadian stores. Bed Bath & Beyond, which opened its first Canadian store in 2007, is among potential buyers.

Two locations are closing in Maine: Bangor (opened late 2005) and Biddeford (opened late 2006).

standa

I read that the Lisbon Landing Linens n Things will be closing.  I know that Old Navy closed there recently.  I was wondering whether Lisbon Landing was a bit of a failure.  It seems unusual for a new shopping center to lose two stores in a short time.

greg8370

That whole area is overstored without a population to support it.  There's a new plaza going up across from Lisbon Landing and the plaza in Killingely is starting to open as well.

silverrose43

So that means a whole section is Lisbon is going to be empty because Linens and Things is right next to the former old navy. I don't understand why they are building a new shopping center across the street when they can't seem to keep stores in the original Lisbon Landing. Just seems like a waste to leave two huge stores sitting there...

momof3

In CT I heard that they are only closing the Farmington store.  I orgininally thought the whole chain was closing.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by momof3
In CT I heard that they are only closing the Farmington store.  I orgininally thought the whole chain was closing.

Farmington and Lisbon. Only two are closing out of the state's 13. Nothing too serious -- for now.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

momof3

Thats good news because I like the Plainville store.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO

Farmington and Lisbon. Only two are closing out of the state's 13. Nothing too serious -- for now.

I'm glad Plainville and Waterbury are staying open. Those 2 shopping centers can't catch a break. Where LNT is in Waterbury, The Rag Shop is still empty. And where LNT in Plainville is KB is still empty. Seems like whenever something opens something else decides to close in Plainville.

AmesNewington

I'm surprised about Farmington, as that's next to Westfarms, however maybe they weren't doing well. I bet something will replace it quicker than if it was not near Westfarms. I remember Farmington was Waldbaum's over a decade ago.

Zayre88

Linens 'n Things closing fewer stores than thought

By Emily Chasan

NEW YORK, July 28 (Reuters) - Bankrupt home goods retailer Linens 'n Things said on Monday it will close 30 fewer stores than originally expected.

http://www.reuters.com/article/fundsFundsNews/idUSN28148620080728

arnoldziffel

yeah, i couldnt figure out why the one in lisbon closed.  it looks like a pretty new center there.  I don't live there, but there is a campsite i go to located nearby.   i was at the store closing sale with 3 days to go.  they should have just closed that day.   there wasn't anything left to sell really.   i got pics somewhere, i'll attempt to upload them when i find them.

Marc82

It's my understanding that Lisbon is located in the middle of nowhere and in my opinion it was a big mistake to build a huge shopping center like that in the middle of nowhere.

Joeg

What is the shopping center going across the street from Lisbon landing going to be?? will there be a supermarket there??

XISMZERO

Here's Farmington, CT -- taken July 2008, a few months before final closure.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

dmx10101

Soiled Linens: No. 2 Home Chain Talking Liquidation

By Tim  Craig

CLIFTON , N.J. (Oct. 8) The die is cast for Linen's N Things. In the long-running saga to save the nation's No. 2 vertical home goods retailer, a decisive move was taken Tuesday that should resolve the fate of the company once and for all.

Having failed so far to attract a suitor for the 371-unit chain, the company is now giving any remaining potential "stalking horse" suitors an ultimatum: Decide now, or we liquidate within a week.  

That message was glaringly clear Tuesday when Linens' chief restructuring officer Michael Gries asked permission of the bankruptcy court to auction its remaining 371 stores as early as Oct. 14 and begin going-out-of-business sales two days later on the 16th. Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Sontchi has scheduled a hearing on the matter for Friday, Oct. 10.  

According to a report from the Bloomberg News Service, the company may be advocating a quick and expeditious liquidation process in the interest of beating other ailing retailers to the punch.  Bloomberg cited Gries as telling the court, "We knew there would be other liquidations that were also going to take place," adding that the company would want to position itself appropriately in the current "buyer's market."

The once-public company was purchased and taken private by Apollo Management in 2006.  At the time the deal was consummated, Linens 'N Things, which operated 542 stores in 47 states in the United States and six provinces in Canada, told Retailing Today, "the underlying fundamentals of [the company] remain strong, including strong brand name recognition, attractive real estate locations and the fundamentals of the industry are very favorable."
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

NJxxJon

I also seen signs on the way to work for a sale of LIQUD DAY SHUN! ....

Sad sad sad. :yup:
JN

Kmart4life

Saw a sign yesterday for our Linens N Things 20 to 40% off. Went in to look around and the store looked like a disaster area.

patk

well my  L N T fixture sale just got going i will try to save 2 Shopping Hand Baskets i will wate till 12/18 :yup:

greg8370

interesting idea...buying a couple of hand baskets....

patk

yup one for me & one for a store to tared for a Woolworth hand basket :insane:

wwefan101

im going to try to get a pic of the millbury on later on

wwefan101

the one in millbury ma still got a toen of stoff  avable

patk

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
well my  L N T fixture sale just got going i will try to save 2 Shopping Hand Baskets i will wate till 12/18 :yup:
well i got 1 Hand Basket yay

patk

im am sad to say this but the LNT here in cary nc is gone :hurt:
today was its last day i got a 20.00$ dvd for 2.00$!
i was in it 4 days a go and a song played
the song was The World I Know by Collective Soul
it was :hurt: ing me!
this is where i got my Hand Basket
a pic of the outside

thats today
a pic of the inside 4 days ago

it was 60 to 80 % 4 days ago then it was 90 to 90 % today!

d_fife

where is thsi one?
QuoteOriginally posted by patk
im am sad to say this but the LNT here in cary nc is gone :hurt:
today was its last day i got a 20.00$ dvd for 2.00$!
i was in it 4 days a go and a song played
the song was The World I Know by Collective Soul
it was :hurt: ing me!
this is where i got my Hand Basket
a pic of the outside

thats today
a pic of the inside 4 days ago

it was 60 to 80 % 4 days ago then it was 90 to 90 % today!

patk

its in cary nc its nere Raleigh NC