Need your Help With Goody\'s Hamburgers chain

Started by Great Eastern, March 17, 2008, 01:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Eastern

Hello fellow people of the best forum on the web.  I need you help in finding out some info on the Goody's hamburger chains of the 60's into the 70's.

I have a picture of a postcard of a Goody's stand how it looked back in 1970 but I am looking for the roadside sign they use to have.  It was a tall white sign of I believe a boy with wavy hair and round glasses holding the words Goody's Hamburgers.  It was about a 40' sign.  I remember the Goody's in Saddle Brook, NJ on Rt 46 west right next to the drive in (That later became the Saddle Brook Mall with Bradlees, Stop & Shop and Medi-Mart its anchors and now is a Wal-mart & Bally's Fitness).  Best salty fries in the world.

I know Goodys got sold to the Carrolls chain back in the early 1970's and all of those became Burger Kings when Carrolls converted over.  The Saddle Brook Goody's never became a Burger King.  The property was sold and It came Mornarch Pools and now Olympic Pools which it is to this day.

I am making a miniature of the Goodys stand and need a photo, drawing or any image of the sign so I can reconstruct it.  I have the font for the channel letters that were on the sides of the Goody's building facade.

Please help with any leads to obtaining an image of it.  Your help will greatly appreciated and credited. :)

M&M

NJxxJon

JN

Great Eastern

That Goodys is a fast food chain in Greece (HUMMMM Greece and fast food LOL  Like the old slogan NJ and you ------ perfect together LOL)   The Goody's I am talking about was a hamburger chain in the Northeast US that got sold to the Carrolls chain back in the early 1970's and all of those became Burger Kings when Carrolls converted over.

Here is a link to a picture of the building how it was back in the late 1960's

http://www.hoopla.org/Margolies/Food/images/0294GoodDiner.jpg

The person lists it as a diner but it was a burger chain.  I remember another one on Route 23 past or in Wayne, NJ and one more on Route 22 in Union as a kid.

Thanks for the reply :)

M&M