Bradlees In Miniature?

Started by Great Eastern, March 16, 2008, 11:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Eastern

My wife and I build custom structures for customer's train layouts and slotcar layouts.  We had a customer in NJ that wanted a Bradlees for their layout.  Just wanted to share some photos of them with you fine people.

This was the model in almost completed stage.  Still needed HVAC, Vents and piping on the roof and to be weathered.

Hope you enjoy !  M&M

Zayre88

dmx10101

awesome, I've seen your units on ebay before, I'm always tempted to buy one.

You should do an Ames.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Great Eastern

Thanks,  We did an Ames based on the one in Newton, NJ with about 4 strip stores to the left of it and a Firestone Tire store at the left end.  We built it directly on the person's O scale layout.  The building was huge so we had to assemble it there.

In fact, in the strip stores was another dead store chain in it, The Rag Shop.  I have to go to the person's house in the next few weeks to deliver something so I will take some pics and post them here.

M&M

JimSawhill

QuoteOriginally posted by Great Eastern
My wife and I build custom structures for customer's train layouts and slotcar layouts.  We had a customer in NJ that wanted a Bradlees for their layout.  Just wanted to share some photos of them with you fine people.

This was the model in almost completed stage.  Still needed HVAC, Vents and piping on the roof and to be weathered.

Hope you enjoy !  M&M

Nice I might have to ask you to do a few stores (J.M.Field's, Railroad Salvage, Bradlee's, Barker's) for my N scale layout.

The Adamantium Elbow

That's very neat. I have a train layout too and would love something like that on mine.

videogamer75

Man, this would be perfect for the toy city I want to build. i'll ask my dad to make one, he is a really good model builder.

FearlessSwan

I built model cities for years before having to give it up due to lack of space. I always wanted an old school 70s/80s Kmart, but could never figure out how to build one.