Main Menu

Questions

Started by C. Fontaine, February 22, 2008, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

Ok, so thanks to The Hartford Courant story, I'm going to have a chance to talk with Evelyn Gilman, the wife of Ames co-founder Herb Gilman!  I want to give everyone the opportunity to post any questions they might have, and I'll be happy to ask them.

darkmoon9

I would like to know if there was any talk of merging with say stores like Target before Ames closed, because we at the Leesport DC heard rumors that Target might take over Ames?  Like Sears and K Mart did.  I would also like to say that I miss Ames to this day!

Zayre88

I wonder how the Gilmans felt about Ames when the chain they founded started to go downhill between 2000 and 2002?

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I wonder how the Gilmans felt about Ames when the chain they founded started to go downhill between 2000 and 2002?

I wonder how they felt when they thought the chain was going down in 1990 when it was in bankruptcy, shortly after swallowing Zayre.

Chris, I also received an email about the founder of Ames, forwarded by Daniela Altimari (reporter who did the story).
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

Yeah I figured she probably forwarded it to you and I!  It's pretty amazing what one article can do!

beachgal26

Is it just me or does it seem like the dumbest business move ever for Ames to have bought up all the chains that they did suspecting that it would just take away from their bottom line??

I just have to wonder if everyone involved thought that it was a good idea at the time or was it just the decision of a few people?

:huh:

jmcnamara96

So how was the interveiw?