Main Menu

Bring Back Ames Stores

Started by ames1993, February 21, 2008, 06:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ames1993

I've seen lots of pics of Ames bulidings but how 'bout some Ames employees?

Here is a pic of some home office employees at my wedding.  Everyone in the pic was at 1 time a home office employee including myself & my husband...and my mom, seated in the red dress, 2nd from the right.  She was the receptionist!!!:rolleyes:

ames1993

Ugh!  Where is the pic I attached?  How do I attach a pic?

C. Fontaine

Just go to post reply, and towards the bottom there is a box that says "attachment" and just hit browse and select the picture!:)

ames1993

I did do the attachment thing in my original post so where is the pic?  :(

C. Fontaine

Hm, it says there is nothing attached.  Is it a jpg or gif file?  Maybe try attaching it again?

darkmoon9

This photo is the last north dock recievers ,  taken on October 18,2002 at Ames DC 969 Leesport, Pa.  To see more employee photos go to http://mysite.verizon.net/vzer9h0t/amesdc969leesportpa22/ .  If you go to my site I have links to other sites dealing with Ames/Hills, and link to more photos on Ames DC 969 and the reunion they had.   Also if you would like to  seeTV ads from Hills/Ames goto http:www.youtube.com/bj0185 .  I saved a lot of Ames tv ads there that I found on youtube.

C. Fontaine

Wow that picture is from those final days...

Those are some nice videos you have there!  I see the videos Steve Hammes sent me have made their way onto youtube!

darkmoon9

I was taking a photo of the Ames Cressona, Pa  Store #1038 (Hills store #0038) ,but the windows was dirty on the inside so I got a photo of me taking a photo.

darkmoon9

This photo show our sort deck crew at Ames DC 969 Leesport,Pa.  Wes Ficus worked for Lowes's Dc in Pottsville,Pa (really the DC is in Minersville,Pa outside of Pottsville), also Greg Lavas workes for Lowes DC in Pottsville.  His wife who worked in the office at Ames Dc in Leesport workes for Wal-Mart In Pottsville,Pa ( that also in Minersville,Pa).  For about a year Wes was my super. on north dock, and also a good friend.  This photo are bittersweet.

ames1993

Ok I attached a jpg picture.  Not sure if this is gonna work but we'll see....:holysh::question:

ames1993

Ahhhhhhhhhhh....  It worked!  People in the pic above are some home office employees.  Pic taken at MY wedding.  Every person in this pic was at 1 time a home office employee.  I met my husband while working at Ames...I got a lot more than bargains by the bagful!  

It was taken 1 month & 1 day after the announcement that Ames would be put to sleep.:mad:

darkmoon9

I just uploaded a video I took on the last day at Ames DC 969 Leesport, Pa. 10/18/2002.  I'm sorry for the poor quality  in some parts of the video. The buzzing sound is from the light in the warehouse. The employees are John K., Mike S., Kevin K. and Tammy U. .  John K. is the one yelling about being laidoff. They were all receivers at Ames.  They were and still are my family.  I know I will never work with people like these again.  I hope to fix the problem with the tape sometime. If you would like to see it  goto http:/www.youtube.com/bj0185.

Anonymous

We were getting our senior pics done at the end of my junior year in HS and I started working at Ames about a week prior.  The photographer was trying to get me to laugh and I rememeber the scenario he gave me after I divulged some info to him.  He said, "Imagine you get done after a hard day of work at Ames, you walk over to the bar, you see a girl you really like.  Now show me the smile!"  I started cracking up after hearing the scenario and thats where the pic come from.  Its funny I haven't thought about that in years but it just came back to me...hmmm...I attached the pic, hope it works

bermuda803

I would like to get investors to start a new retail stores based on Ames.  We need more then just Target and Walmart.  Is anyone interested?

DoubleC83

I'm not gonna lie, I finished college and am currently teaching.  If Ames opened back up, or a retail store based on Ames, I would work there part-time in a heartbeat.  

While in college shortly after Ames closed I tried working at K-mart.  Although the stores were extremely similar in terms of what they carried and the quality...it did not compare to my Ames experience.

Chrisp

is that Jeff Z. in the pic?  also i know your husband but can not remember his name... what div did he work in.

ames1993

That is Jeff Z!!!!  His wife Alyson is in the photo too.  My husband's name is Tim & was the manager of imports under Peter Giorgio (who is also in the pic).  And my mom, 2nd from the right was the receptionist at home office.:dizzy:

Chrisp

i remember your mother -  i worked for Jeff and Monica M in OPs' before working in Purchasing

ames1993

Chrisp