The most useless store

Started by marcsdriver, February 06, 2008, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcsdriver

Without a doubt, one of the most useless chain stores I was ever in. They never had anyone to help you, never had what they advertised in their sale ads. Was always a constant mess. This is one store that will not be missed!

XISMZERO

I'm going to go easy on you because you're new but I'm also going to warn you: make substantive posts because crap threads like this will be deleted if it catches my eye.

You're free to think whatever you want about the Ames chain, but with trite statements like this you're libel to start some kind of silly flame war with other members seeing how this is a tribute-based site about Ames.

If you're not going to be a contributing voice to the forums, then don't bother posting, thank you.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

dmx10101

Why'd you bother to register if you're just going to bash Ames?

You sir are the useless one, not Ames.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

NJxxJon

I didnt even know he was talking about ames because this post doesnt make sense. Good one.
JN

AmesNewington1

But come on, Ames was hundreds of times better than Wal Mart is. Right? Who can compare?!:rolleyes:

beachgal26

I will never understand why people go to sites and make useless bashing threads if they have nothing positive or important to say.

Having grown up in the 50's, I have seen way too many chains close during my lifetime and I am still saddened that good ones like Ames (and Hills, Gold Circle, Wards, etc.) are no longer with us.

:(

arnoldziffel

Sadly, I have never been in an Ames.  But after reading a good chunk of the posts on this board since i registered, I wish I had.

Ameskid

Me too.  And besides, if you absolutely feel the uncontrollable urge to bash Ames, do it on the bashing part of the forum.  Newbies these days...
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

CTAmeshopper

Ames in of itself wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't like the greatest chain of all time either.

One thing it did excel in was in keeping low prices, but it did have it's faults as well, I know the Ames in Torrington had a leaky roof, still remember the garbage pails catching the water on the floor, and it's bathroom was small cramped and a bit outdated, plus you needed to ask for a wooden key to get in it (LOL), and there was some instances of merchandise on the floor, but even after all that I still shopped at Ames, heck you could say I was a loyal customer till the very end.

AmesNewington

Ames was SO much better than Wal Mart. My mom always said that she always was able to find what she needed in Ames (Bradlees too). Most of my clothes and toys when I was small came from Ames and Bradlees. The prices were very reasonable and beside JCPenney clothes, which are very high quality, Ames also had some great clothes as well, until the very end. It was a department store, but felt like a local, home-like store. The smaller stores sometimes have everything you're looking for, while the BIG stores do not.

Target is sort of up there with Ames these days. They may be pricey, but the quality and service is very good. The store resembles Caldor though.

C. Fontaine

Every Ames store had it's own personality so to speak, they weren't so generic like Walmart.  Most of their stores were adapted to the building it was in rather than demolishing it or extensively remodeling.  One of the things I enjoy most about pictures sent to this site is seeing the many different store styles!