Run-down Shopping Center in New Britain, CT Being Revitalized

Started by Marc82, January 25, 2008, 12:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

New-Brite Plaza a long run-down decrepit shopping center in downtown New Britain, CT is being revitalized. In addition to giving the plaza a new look, AJ Wright and Sav-a-Lot Food Stores have signed leases to open stores in the plaza. The owner of the plaza is also trying to lure in Bob's Discount Furniture.

http://www.newbritainherald.com/WebApp/appmanager/JRC/BigDaily;jsessionid=RZ9jHZ4LTxTbrtyrvFsJ5qBnRB2KKQBFBs4K2z33CMdmLyQ4MfBz!2132239215?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_article&r21.pgpath=%2FTHD%2FHome&r21.content=%2FTHD%2FHome%2FTopStoryList_Story_1468515

AmesNewington1

I caught this article yesterday. Where are they going to fit Save A Lot and AJ Wright. Isn't Dollar Dreams where Save A Lot would go. I realize a part of that building is vacant, but I can't see how they would fit it in. Rainbow, a women's store is also going in. I saw the sign on the building next to Payless. It's nice that this plaza is getting a facelift. It is centrally located and should look nice. What exactly is the Dollar Dreams/ex Adam's building made of on the front? Steel? It looks awkward. I remember when it was Edwards and then Adam's.

Anyway, I hope after they fix it up, it doesn't get vandalized or anything. It's a real scary area.

Marc82

Just went there today (Tuesday). Sav-a-lot is going into the old Edwards/Adams. AJ WRIGHT went into the old Dollar Dreams. Not sure where the heck they would fit a Bob's Furniture store on that property.

XISMZERO

I witnessed the old sign crashing down a couple weeks ago. Just happened to be driving by it at the right time. I've got a slew of pictures including the Dollar Dreams before they ripped it apart.

I remember my late grandmother taking me here when it was still Finast -- never updated beyond the steel frontage look that was probably redone in the late 70s or early 80s and had a bunch of burnt-on label scars.

Here's what it looked like late 2007.

And yes, this area of The City has a rough reputation.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

NJxxJon

Well people have to step in. Thats all. Like my little town....people arent loosing touch with the town. I used to hate it in high school but grew up to understand this town is better then other places in Jersey.
JN

C. Fontaine

Just got this in my inbox about this plaza!

CHARTER REALTY & DEVELOPMENT CORP.  
Join A.J. Wright, Save-A-Lot, Rainbow & McDonald's - New Brite CT  

Greetings,
We are please to inform you that new A.J. Wright, Save-A-Lot, Rainbow, and McDonalds will be coming to the New Brite Plaza located at East Main Street & Martin Luther King Boulevard in New Britain, CT. There is a Pad Site and one space of 40,000 square feet available and divisible down to 8,000 square feet.

For our complete Charter Realty & Development Corp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

email: dan@chartweb.com
phone: (203) 227-8388
web: http://www.chartweb.com
  New Brite Plaza

New Britain, CT

160,042 sf Center

Join new AJ Wright, new Save-A-Lot, new Rainbow Apparel, McDonalds

http://www.chartweb.com/filecabinet/CenterPages/New_Brite_Plaza-New_Britain,CT.htm

Marc82

Apparently there's some kind of connection between Charter Realty and WP Realty because on Page 11 of today's New Britain Herald there's a half page ad

We're Building A Better Center

New Brite Plaza

112-118 East Main Street New Britain, CT

Coming Soon: A.J. WRIGHT, Save-A-Lot

Advance Auto, Autotote (CT Off Track Betting), City Nail, CT Check Cashing Services, Dollar Choice, Dunkin Donuts, Fantastic Fashions, H&R Block, Laundry Unlimited, Lee Jewelry, McDonald's, New England City Sports, New Chinatown Express Restaurant, Payless Shoes, Radio Shack, Rainbow, Rent-a-Center, Sally Beauty, Town Fair Tires, and Your Eyes Opticians.

WP Realty
Owned and Managed
610-552-600
http://www.wprealty.com/

To Join these Great Stores:
Call 203-227-2922

And when you go to WP's website, theres info about all their centers (they also own the Meriden Parkade) it links to Charter's Website.

REAddict

WP is the owner - Charter does a lot of project/property management and leasing as a 3rd party and owns a good deal of their own stuff