Main Menu

FINAL NOTICE

Started by C. Fontaine, March 21, 2005, 11:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

I received a nice email today from some debt collector working for some Hong Kong-based company demanding me to pay them USD 115,973.00, in debt incurred to them by Ames.  "Total Credit Management Services HK Limited," working for their client "Baker Tilly" told me to pay up or make contact within seven days or they are going to "pay me a visit to collect the sum."  I hope they are mistaken, because I am going to take out one hell of a loan to pay that off...  Hehehe...

76fanAmesmanBBTB

oh man I think its a case  of mistaken  identity sheesh ! GOOD LUCK

HoJofan206

a scam scam scam, can you smell it?

Zayre88

I also received strange e-mails last year from a company that supposably created the Ames website.  They said in several e-mails that they had all the rights on any Ames graphics, pictures and text!  They said they would sue me and that i did a trademark infringement because since Ames bankrupted, they owned all the rights over the Ames name !!

I even recieved an e-mail from a guy who claimed to be Joe Ettore and he confirmed that the company had the rights.  Problem was that poor Joe made a lot of mistakes when typing like:  formally zayre instead of formerly Zayre and  infridgement instead of infringement and so on :insane::roll:

C. Fontaine

Nice!  This one came from some supposed debt collectors for this company http://www.bakertillyhk.com/ ...  They referred to me as "Mr. Chris.":insane:  I also liked the part when they said they "would pay me a visit" if I didn't pay up!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I also received strange e-mails last year from a company that supposably created the Ames website.  They said in several e-mails that they had all the rights on any Ames graphics, pictures and text!  They said they would sue me and that i did a trademark infringement because since Ames bankrupted, they owned all the rights over the Ames name !!

I even recieved an e-mail from a guy who claimed to be Joe Ettore and he confirmed that the company had the rights.  Problem was that poor Joe made a lot of mistakes when typing like:  formally zayre instead of formerly Zayre and  infridgement instead of infringement and so on :insane::roll:

how can u get sued if the company has been bankruped 4 almost 3 years and what would happen if i open a store and wanted to call it Caldor or Ames would i get sued even though the stores are not around
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Anonymous

76fanAmesmanBBTB

THIS IS TRUELY INSANE

THE AMES COMPANY DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE!

SO WHATS WITH THE COPYRIGHTS!

A LOT OF OTHER BUSINESSES ARE NAMED AMES TOO!

AND YET THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE AMES DEPARTMENT STORES AND YET THEY NEVER GET SUED!

BTW THIS WEBSITE IS DEDICATED TO THE DEPARTMENT STORE OF AMES

PLUS THIS WEBSITE SAYS ITS NOT THE OFFICAL WEBSITE OF AMES NOR CONNECTED TO AMES

AND WHATS WITH "WE HAVE RIGHTS TO ALL THE PICTURES AND LOGOS AND ETC.?"

THOSE THINGS WERE UP FOR GRABS FREE TO THE PUBLIC!

WHAT? WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR "FORMER" STORES?

WELL I DIDN'T SEE ANY SIGN THAT SAYS WE SHOULDN'T LIKE SAYING "PICTURES OF CLOSED STORE PROHIBITED!"

SO WHAT YA DO TO STOP ME?

NOTHIN!

AND IF ITS IN THE PUBLIC EVEN DEEMED PRIVATE PEOPLE WILL TAKE PICTURES!

WHATS SO WRONG ABOUT THAT?

I OR NEITHER ONE ELSE ARE SELLING THEM!

THIS PLACE ISN'T MADE FOR PROFIT

AND WELL FOR THE LOGOS

THEY WERE ON THE INTERNET!

SO IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO TAKE PICS NOTIFY ME!

AND LOGOS ON INTERNET NOT SHOWN ANYWHERE ELSE DON'T POST THEM!

DUH!

:duh:

this is silly

the business no longer exists

IT OUT OF BUSINESS GONE BANKRUPT!

AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THESE STORES

SO WHATS WRONG ABOUT DEDICATING
A PAGE TO THEM?

NOTHING!

plus if your "out" of business

your not "in" business

so you're not a business anymore

you don't sell or buy!

or carry products

you don't make money

you've closed

so you aren't in operation anymore

so you shouldn't be holding any rights to names or pics etc.

BECAUSE!         YOU ARE NOT A RETAIL STORE ANYMORE YOU'R E NOT A COMPANY ANYMORE YOU'VE GONE BANKRUPT GOB!

ITS NOT LIKE YOU MAKE MONEY OFF YOUR COMPANY NAME SINCE YOU BANKRUPTED

IN OTHER WORDS" YOU WENT BEYOND THE LIMIT OF SURVIVABILITY TO PAY OFF DEBTS AND STILL OPERATE YOUR STORES!

so their is no copyrights your a "former" company that has no reason for concern for as to being copied

SINCE

as of now you don't exist in the present!

this is ridiculous I agree with Caldor1999

this is a scam especially suspicious is the mis spelling of infringement by a company ceo

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

ANY UPDATES ON THESE FINAL NOTICES?

still believe its a scam

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous

76fanAmesmanBBTB

THIS IS TRUELY INSANE

THE AMES COMPANY DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE!

SO WHATS WITH THE COPYRIGHTS!

A LOT OF OTHER BUSINESSES ARE NAMED AMES TOO!

AND YET THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE AMES DEPARTMENT STORES AND YET THEY NEVER GET SUED!

BTW THIS WEBSITE IS DEDICATED TO THE DEPARTMENT STORE OF AMES

PLUS THIS WEBSITE SAYS ITS NOT THE OFFICAL WEBSITE OF AMES NOR CONNECTED TO AMES

AND WHATS WITH "WE HAVE RIGHTS TO ALL THE PICTURES AND LOGOS AND ETC.?"

THOSE THINGS WERE UP FOR GRABS FREE TO THE PUBLIC!

WHAT? WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR "FORMER" STORES?

WELL I DIDN'T SEE ANY SIGN THAT SAYS WE SHOULDN'T LIKE SAYING "PICTURES OF CLOSED STORE PROHIBITED!"

SO WHAT YA DO TO STOP ME?

NOTHIN!

AND IF ITS IN THE PUBLIC EVEN DEEMED PRIVATE PEOPLE WILL TAKE PICTURES!

WHATS SO WRONG ABOUT THAT?

I OR NEITHER ONE ELSE ARE SELLING THEM!

THIS PLACE ISN'T MADE FOR PROFIT

AND WELL FOR THE LOGOS

THEY WERE ON THE INTERNET!

SO IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO TAKE PICS NOTIFY ME!

AND LOGOS ON INTERNET NOT SHOWN ANYWHERE ELSE DON'T POST THEM!

DUH!

:duh:

this is silly

the business no longer exists

IT OUT OF BUSINESS GONE BANKRUPT!

AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THESE STORES

SO WHATS WRONG ABOUT DEDICATING
A PAGE TO THEM?

NOTHING!

plus if your "out" of business

your not "in" business

so you're not a business anymore

you don't sell or buy!

or carry products

you don't make money

you've closed

so you aren't in operation anymore

so you shouldn't be holding any rights to names or pics etc.

BECAUSE!         YOU ARE NOT A RETAIL STORE ANYMORE YOU'R E NOT A COMPANY ANYMORE YOU'VE GONE BANKRUPT GOB!

ITS NOT LIKE YOU MAKE MONEY OFF YOUR COMPANY NAME SINCE YOU BANKRUPTED

IN OTHER WORDS" YOU WENT BEYOND THE LIMIT OF SURVIVABILITY TO PAY OFF DEBTS AND STILL OPERATE YOUR STORES!

so their is no copyrights your a "former" company that has no reason for concern for as to being copied

SINCE

as of now you don't exist in the present!

this is ridiculous I agree with Caldor1999

this is a scam especially suspicious is the mis spelling of infringement by a company ceo

THIS WAS ME ANY NEWS ON THESE SO CALLED "FINAL NOTICES"?

C. Fontaine

Zayre88

Got a new e-mail again today from that supposed company that own the Ames trademark AmesStores@aol.com  ;)

WE OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE AMES NAME AND WE HAVE OPENED 12 STORES IN THE UK AND ALSO 2 IN ROMANIA AND 5 ARE OPENING IN RUSSIA SO UP DATE YOUR PROFILE AND UP DATE IT WITH DAVID MOSER CEO OWNER AND WE WILL HAVE 90 STORES BY THE END OF THIS YEAR

HERES OUR BBB REPORT WE OWN THE AMES NAME UP DATE UR WEBSITE!

Arizona Food World
3305 N Swan Rd STE 109-112

Tucson, AZ  85712
Telephone: (815) 377-3661
www.towerwebsites.com/arizonafoodsusa

The BBB reports on members and non-members.

Original Business Start Date: February 2004   File Open Date: January 2005
Principal: Mr. David S. Moser , CEO    
TOB Classification: Grocers-Retail

Additional DBA Names

Ames Stores
Moser Foods World And Retail
K-Mart UK Groop (sic) Ltd.
Moser Bradlees Stores

Nature Of Business

The BBB has been unable to verify the nature of this company?s business.

Risk Mngt Dept arizonafoods@excite.com
Intl Operations arizonafoodsau@yahoo.com

Zayre88

Here's another one i received in april ;)

THIS IS DAVID MOSER WE TALKED A WHILE AGO I USE TO WORK WITH AMES STORES AND WE TAKED ABOUT MY NAME REMAINING ON YOUR WEBSITE
MOSHERWEBBUILDER DO YOU REMEMBER? WELL ALSO WILL YOU PUT MY LINK ONTO YOUR WEBSITE AS WELL   http://www.towerwebsites.com/arizonafoodsusa
ALSO THERE ARE DETAILS IN YOUR WOOLWORTHS PROFILE THAT ARE WRONG OR NOT IN THERE AND ALSO K-MART CORP DOES OWN K-MART STORES IN AUSTRALLIA AND ALSO ITS A SEPRATE LTD COMPANY THAT SHOWS ON PAPER AS BEING BOUGHT FOR $12,000,000,00 AND IT IS A COMPANY OF K-MART AND ALSO WOOLWORTH IN THE UNITED KINGDOM WAS SOLD TO    Woolworths Group plc
FOR $25,000,000,00 AND THE WOOLWORTH GROOP PAY ROYALTIES TO VENTURE GROOP FOR $5,000,000,00 A YEAR AND ALSO ALL FLYERS ARE SENT TO USA FOR APPROVAL ADS AND REBATES FORMS AND ANY POINT OF SALE MATERIAL AND ALSO HOME DEPOT IS BUYING  B&Q IN THE UNITED KINGODM FOR 12 MILLION IN A DEAL THAT IS IN THE WORKS IN THE UK SO UPDATE YOUR SITE AND ALSO PUT ME ON IT AS WELL OK THANKS  
ALSO ASDA IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY WALMART USA

:yup: Not that many mistakes !

Zayre88

They wrote again this afternoon, this again can't be serious :yup:  

ALSO WE ARE BUYING ALL RIGHTS FROM THE PREVIOUS OWNERS OF ZAYRE STORES TO OPEN 10 ZAYRE STORES IN Austria as well to up date your profile and also the Previous owners of zayre also now own 200 store 24 and also Own Price Chopper stores

Stanley and Summer Fieldberg in Hyannis Massachusetts

Arizona Foods Usa
3305 North Swan Road 109-112
Tucson Az 85712

CORPORATE OFFICES (619)-801-0224

C. Fontaine

I don't know man, those AOL, Excite, and Yahoo email addresses sound pretty professional!

C. Fontaine

Their website...  They should learn how to spell before they go masqerading as professionals!  Also, you should check out their FULL report on the BBB's website!

http://www.tucson.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=20002088

Nature Of Business

The BBB has been unable to verify the nature of this company?s business.

Answering machines pick up on all phone numbers. The company has not returned phone calls and messages left by Bureau trade practices investigators.

Despite its name, the nature of the company?s business appears to bear no relationship to food wholesaling or retailing.

The company has no retail or wholesale physical presence in southern Arizona. The company?s address in Tucson is a mail forwarding service.

Customer Experience

The Bureau has processed one customer complaint on this company since the Bureau file opened in January 2005. According to the customer, the company's response to the complaint did not address the matter.  

Vendors report that company purchases are made with credit cards and advance transaction authorization numbers. While the advance authorization numbers can force the credit card transaction to go through, their use circumvents security features built into the credit card transaction processing system. According to one vendor who sold goods to the company, the credit cards used by the company were not valid and the vendor sustained a significant loss.

The Bureau urges extreme caution in dealing with this company.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 1 complaint about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 1 complaint closed in 36 months, 1 was closed in the last year.

This complaint concerned:

1 Unfulfilled Contract

It was closed as:

1 Unresolved

tokensafari

woo... some crafty works of art, these people. Stupid none the less with their scams.

darkmoon9

beachgal26

That guy sounds like one slick person who has, apparently, been trying to get around all regular business practices by pretending to resurrect the Ames, Bradlees, etc. chains.  However, I am very surprised that any company would sell to such a bogus-sounding company.  Having been the recipient of someone getting a credit card number of ours and running charges against it (even after it had been cancelled and reported to the company) for over 6 months, I do believe that anything is possible.

Has anyone heard anything new from these financial wizards???

:cool:  :huh:  :holysh:  :o  :insane:

Zayre88

They wrote again this afternoon, this again can't be serious :yup:  

Arizona Foods Usa
3305 North Swan Road 109-112
Tucson Az 85712

CORPORATE OFFICES (619)-801-0224

Another e-mail, he owns the rights to the Ames name brand and this time the guy says he owns Kmart stores in the UK: "KMART IS PRIVATLY OWENED BY ME AS KMART IS AU IS OWNED BY COLES"

Corporate Executive Offices
E-MAIL :orders@mosherfinefoods.com
Dunn&bradstreet : 78-470-7528
Corporate Phone : (619)-754-4150
Corporate Fax : (206)-339-5721
ARIZONA CUSTOMER CARE (520) 254-4507

with an attached picture...!! ;)

beachgal26

I would not even think that it is leagl (at least in the US) to buy from a major retailer and then re-sell their stuff under your same store name in another country!!!!!

:holysh:  :holysh:  :insane:  :holysh:  :holysh:

BTW - he looks very professional (not)!

jmcnamara96